Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
08-11-2019, 08:35   #61
LimerickCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 463
Would this be any good? Appreciate if you can take a look and advise.

I can see this one on offer at the moment. Lady instore siad that she could do the first one for €599.

https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dv...v-kd49xg7093bu

I had this one in mind before viewing the above but not sure which is the better option. Big price difference.

https://www.did.ie/sony-49-xg8196-4k...49xg8196bu-prd

Last edited by LimerickCity; 08-11-2019 at 09:15.
LimerickCity is offline  
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 13:21   #62
Invincible
Registered User
 
Invincible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimerickCity View Post
Would this be any good? Appreciate if you can take a look and advise.

I can see this one on offer at the moment. Lady instore siad that she could do the first one for €599.

https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dv...v-kd49xg7093bu

I had this one in mind before viewing the above but not sure which is the better option. Big price difference.

https://www.did.ie/sony-49-xg8196-4k...49xg8196bu-prd
For peace of mind of a 6 year warranty I'd look below.
http://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch....49&swapstore=1
Invincible is offline  
08-11-2019, 18:34   #63
pm1977x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 833
I had a 43" LG delivered by Amazon via DPD (twice, both times they were smashed and I gave up.)
pm1977x is online now  
08-11-2019, 18:58   #64
grogi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1977x View Post
I had a 43" LG delivered by Amazon via DPD (twice, both times they were smashed and I gave up.)
The only place I would buy a TV remotely is RS.
grogi is offline  
09-11-2019, 16:33   #65
Buffman
Registered User
 
Buffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,764
50" Samsung 4K in Harvey for €429 at the moment.


https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-head...u7020kxxu.html
Buffman is offline  
Advertisement
09-11-2019, 17:08   #66
beauf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
50" Samsung 4K in Harvey for €429 at the moment.


https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-head...u7020kxxu.html
Can find almost no reviews of this TV....
beauf is offline  
09-11-2019, 21:09   #67
Suckit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauf View Post
Can find almost no reviews of this TV....
It was £314 from here a few weeks ago.
Suckit is offline  
10-11-2019, 10:12   #68
RIALTO1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by grogi View Post
Is the 49/50" a must? There are no OLEDs in sizes smaller than 55", and QLEDs are much worse than the 55" sizes. The 55" are typically better TV, even within the same lineup...

In this size, I'd go with a Sony, that not only will be cheaper, but comes with 100/120Hz panel - KD49XG8305BU https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203994...v-youview.aspx
https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-20403...px?swapstore=1

The 9005 is only €999 here with RS. It's £999 with RS and John Lewis so possible misprice. Would take a chance on it but which.co.uk only gave it a middling review.
RIALTO1 is offline  
10-11-2019, 13:54   #69
grogi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIALTO1 View Post
https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-20403...px?swapstore=1

The 9005 is only €999 here with RS. It's £999 with RS and John Lewis so possible misprice. Would take a chance on it but which.co.uk only gave it a middling review.
XG9 is very fine TVs and for €999 it really is a great offer. You'd get a flexible AndroidTV, HDR that makes sense and best-in-class motion handling. While looking for reviews, it simply is an Europe-only version of X950G/XG95 in 49" size.

Last edited by grogi; 10-11-2019 at 13:59.
grogi is offline  
Advertisement
11-11-2019, 07:24   #70
LimerickCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
For peace of mind of a 6 year warranty I'd look below.
http://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch....49&swapstore=1
Cheers. I picked this up on Friday for €699.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203987...v-youview.aspx
LimerickCity is offline  
11-11-2019, 10:04   #71
Invincible
Registered User
 
Invincible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimerickCity View Post
Cheers. I picked this up on Friday for €699.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203987...v-youview.aspx
Nice choice, enjoy!
Invincible is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet