Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyMemory 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - £10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Definitely handy for backups. Not sure I'd trust using it with important data on a daily basis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I got a couple of those back in July, for the same price, and I might get a couple more.:P

Of all the flash drives I've bought over the years, the only one that went bad was a Verbatim, and that was the first time I plugged it in. None of the "no name" ones have ever given me grief. It wouldn't be doing MyMemory's reputation much good if they sold crap with their name on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Pique wrote: »
    Definitely handy for backups. Not sure I'd trust using it with important data on a daily basis though.

Is this not a massive, unfathomable and absolute contradiction in terms?

Definitely this bucket would be handy for carrying water around in. I'm not sure I would trust it with liquids in it though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Is this not a massive, unfathomable and absolute contradiction in terms?

No.

Copying data to it once and keeping it as a backup is not the same as repeated read/writes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Thanks OP. Ordered a couple. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Pique wrote: »
    No.

Copying data to it once and keeping it as a backup is not the same as repeated read/writes.

Using the term 'backups' plural to me suggests on ongoing process that happens more than once though.

Data storage now that's a different story....

Advertisement