Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a brown nose at work? Do you work with any?

2»

Comments

Hate them. I really think there's something wrong with you if you need to brown nose to get ahead, and something even worse wrong with you if you walk all over your supposed colleagues to get ahead. As noted, the brown nosers always get promoted, but the vast majority of them I wouldn't put in charge of watching a kettle boil. Luckily, working nights on a small team of 5, with a newly appointed TL who's still not fully transitioned from colleague to management (and he admits himself he's finding it hard to change), I don't have to deal with it much. Still get all the emails from the day team, which includes the brown nosing.

I was promoted to "Tier 2" support in my last job, which was basically the step below Team Leader. I lasted about 6 months before I was about to quit, but luckily they made us redundant. Myself and TL had many a chat about how I wasn't "stepping up" and becoming management material. And she was right, I'm not management material, because I can't sugar coat stuff, which is apparantly required in order to talk to upper management. And there was me thinking honesty is better than BS. Nope. Didn't help it was an American based company, and by jesus do they like to circle jerk each other, instead of dealing with the actual issues. I won't be going for promotion again, unless it's lateral and doesn't put me in charge of people.

Hope you don't mind me asking, do you ever regret leaving the Gardai?

Must have been a big change in terms of the type of work, superiors and work environment where you are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

A squeaky wheel gets the oil.

ea0592b77f85824be6aba261d8a5cb9e--work-humor-humour.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Being friendly with your manager = brown-nosing it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I dont mind the brown noses so long as they have a good BMI, I dont mind the cheeky gits either so long as they are willing to show me that they can keep their height and weight in perfect balance. That's how to brown nose with me. I dont want anybody overweight or underweight risking the reputation, quality or customer service of my company by turning up with their BMI out of sync.
    You show me you are prepared to keep that one thing in check, I will give you the keys to the kingdom. It's not so bad brown nosing me, my perfect BMI and perfect poops leave no brown after the first wipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭AUDI20

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Where I work if someone makes a balls of something, you cover it up with them and act like you don't know anything about it
    Are you working in the Government by any chance?

Advertisement