Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

kane really looks miles away from form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

No service for Kane either in fairness, getting scraps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Poor sonny unlucky there decent goal robbed by Var

Bad miss from Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Jayus how did Lucas miss that

Better in last ten minutes but still poor

This is dire(not eric)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think this is perfect match for Dembele and hopefully Jose will see this way and put him on shortly for either Alli or Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Hard luck Harry

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Come on CoCo :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

yet again another match where we play six midfielders and none of them doing a single thing worth the wages, pass to the next man and wait to lose it, amble back.

awful stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Talk about lucky, but we'll take it.

OG deserved lead to the Spurs

Moura right place one nil

Why does he play Lamela, he can’t bloody pass to save his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I dont know. Maybe I’m being harsh.
    I just don’t rate the sissoko fella.

• Advertisement

Bergjwin on. Let’s see can he continue his decent form.

Ndombele must really not be in Jose's plans.

Bergwijn for Moura is the right sub though.

Throw on Ndomble kid gaffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Lo Celso is different gravy.

Stupid free from Sissoko there. Exactly what Antonio wanted.

Very nearly cost us there.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Stupid free from Sissoko there. Exactly what Antonio wanted.

Very nearly cost us there.

its why us trying to play it safe and dominate possession is useless

we will always, always find a way to give atupid chances away cheaply.

we have to play with ambition and keep the opponent on the back foot, we simply cannot defend or keep the ball competently

Super Kane

First good chance all game for Kane, and buried. Good goal.

He looks shattered now.

Harry :pac: 2-0

now *that* is how you hold a line

Great finish, good to see him score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Thank feck Harry!!

no ndombele

hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Great to actually win a game!

abff wrote: »
    Great to actually win a game!

Yep and to keep a clean sheet and see Kane get back on the scoreboard.
    Good night all round.

• Advertisement

I thought Sissoko was brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Looks like ndombele is still not in the good books.

We played well. Took our chances well and our replacements were very good. Berjwin and lamela were very class, equally Alli and Moura were good. Lo Celso is class. Kane finally came good and hopefully pushed on.

Audited had a decent match I feel. Interested in what others think. We are looking like a team that wants this and will only get better.

Aurier played well, keep him as far away from his own goal as possible and he is fine

Redknapp is a bell end, Zamora is fcuking worse, “you can see his shirt move and his muscle move” goal should have been disallowed he says

twitter reports that ndombele has told mourinho he wont play for him

does jose have an issue with young talent these days or has ndombele done anything to earn a place in a cl place team

i think it can be both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

does jose have an issue with young talent these days or has ndombele done anything to earn a place in a cl place team

i think it can be both!

Sell him and buy a proper DM please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don’t think his youth is the issue, plus he’s already starred in the champions league for Lyon. He must just not be putting in the work in training. I don’t necessarily believe twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i think it can be both!

You think some unconfirmed (bullsh1t?) on social media is true? It came out about 10mins after the game !!

Although having said that, Barca sold Arthur. They will be looking for a MF now.... :rolleyes:

Good win, great to keep that lot down where they should be.

Aurier played well going forward, but wasn't really tested at defending.
    Moura, he can run, but his final pass is always just a bit off, his shot is always a bit off.... Just lacking, and he shouldn't be a starter!
    Sissoko was great , breaking up Ham attacks, and driving forward.

Lo Celso - motm , was great going forward and working back, looking for a pass always.
    Son , played ok.
    Alli - did nothing (again) .. first game back , so maybe needs more time.
    Davies - played well, up against their best player all night.
    Dier & Sanchez - played well, dealt ok with all attacks.

A good 3 points to build on, lets hope we can keep it going.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Nice few meltdowns on the Woolwich thread. :)
    Hard to understand supporters that don't celebrate when their club signs 4 players in one day !!!! :P :D

Sky sports continuing their anti Spurs bias, we shouldn't have had the first goal because of handball, and they are continually saying it (and their 'reporters') …. Its embarrassing how much they dislike us !! :D

Sky were very disappoining for man utd game. It was like Man Utd TV with all the ex Utd players on analysis and commentry. They were wetting themselves over Pogba and Bruno Fernandes. Frenandes looks like the real deal though.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Sky were very disappoining for man utd game. It was like Man Utd TV with all the ex Utd players on analysis and commentry. They were wetting themselves over Pogba and Bruno Fernandes. Frenandes looks like the real deal though.

We picked the wrong Fernandes !
    Gedson is even sh1te on FIFA !!! :D:D

greenspurs wrote: »
    We picked the wrong Fernandes !
    Gedson is even sh1te on FIFA !!! :D:D

We were very close getting Bruno right up until the last second. I think we actually secured him the window before but something happened.

joeguevara wrote: »
    We were very close getting Bruno right up until the last second. I think we actually secured him the window before but something happened.

we pulled out and flung our eggs into the dybala basket, he had agreed terms with us

awful pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So there it is. Well done Liverpool. Genuinely mean that. Great team, great manager.

Champions league and premier league titles in 380 days or something like that.

"If you are standing still, you are going backwards", I think that sums up the last 380 days for us.

Well that’s a kick in the teeth. Was banking on City beating Chelsea. Liverpool deserve to be champions. Can only begin to think what it feels like for their fans.

I think we can only focus on our matches now as it is impossible to predict other results. Not pulling a Joe here but I honestly think Leicester will trip up and will be between us and united for 4th and fifth. Then it comes down to City ban or not.

But tonight is not about us, it’s admiring a near perfect season for the champs. I’ll begrudge them in the morning.

yellow cards flying around the Man U thread !
    mad .

Well done to all involved with Liverpool.
    Remember when we were finishing higher than them continuously ?

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »

I think we can only focus on our matches now as it is impossible to predict other results. Not pulling a Joe here but I honestly think Leicester will trip up and will be between us and united for 4th and fifth. Then it comes down to City ban or not.

B.

I couldn't see the ban being upheld... They aren't the best are carrying out their bans for big (mega rich) clubs ….

And I don't think the Europa Lge is worth the amount of games involved.
    Stay out of Europe and concentrate on winning a domestic trophy next season.

"The game is about Glory"

Going from the heights of a champions league final to having no european football at all has to be seen as a complete and utter fcuking disaster. Id take Europa League over nothing anyday of the week. Play the kids if you want to and give them some competative games. This Mourhino experiment is not going to work either.

Glebee wrote: »
    Going from the heights of a champions league final to having no european football at all has to be seen as a complete and utter fcuking disaster. Id take Europa League over nothing anyday of the week. Play the kids if you want to and give them some competative games. This Mourhino experiment is not going to work either.

Well then its going to be the threadbare/average squad spread out over the 4 competitions again then.

They need to concentrate/pinpoint on a title then (if that's what Enic want?).
    Try for League/Fa and/or Europa.
    Forget about League title, never going to happen with Enic on board.

No money (?) to strengthen blah blah blah… free transfers only....

Unless they pump money into squad development were just going to stagnate which is whats happening at the moment. Going the long length of time we went witout any new players coming in is really showing up now.Were just in a massive slump and god knows what the answer to get out of it is. The Ndombele situation is a joke as well. There seems to be so many things wrong at the moment thats its worrying.

Ndombele - press saying he fell out with Jose / Barca ready to buy him after selling Arthur.
    Jose saying that he cant play because he cant trust him to be disciplined enough to provide defensive cover to the back 3 + Aurier ;)

Its a mess, and Midfield is a mess. Gio + Dele + Sonny+ Mouss + Bergwijn +Winks + Gedson (!!??) .
    You can see what Jose means in fairness, not many defensive protectors there.

Defence - you have 2 'old' centre backs, 1 midfielder/defender in there, 1 as slow as a tractor, and 1 defender that doesn't wanna track back past the half way line to defend …..

A mess.

Has anyone mentioned Troy Parrott yet? its been months since he was the "Haveta" play flavour of the fortnight.....
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement