Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

• 18-06-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Blackburn Rovers. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.
    Post edited by dfx- on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

On the Vastic thing, he only had one sub appearance for the reserves last season. All his other appearances were for the academy where he had 9 starts and 6 sub appearances.

Just waiting for news that Vince Grella is injured. Its going to be on every page of this thread as long as he is still with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Samba says he wants to go to arsenal but rovers owners saying they want to keep him.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6996196,00.html

So he'll either be at Arsenal or he'll be getting a bumper pay deal from Rovers to keep him for another 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Samba says he wants to go to arsenal but rovers owners saying they want to keep him.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6996196,00.html

So he'll either be at Arsenal or he'll be getting a bumper pay deal from Rovers to keep him for another 12 months

Blackburn are holding out for 12 million which doesn't seem all that high tbh. Samba has been playing in the PL since 2007, is club captain, has made 145 appearances and is still only 27, relatively young for a central defender who can play into their early 30s easily at the highest level.

Any club that signs Samba will now could easily get a decent five or six seasons out of him at the top. Apparently the fee is 12 million because Blackburn want 10 million themselves if they sell but Hertha Berlin are due 15% of any selling on fee.

The money isn't needed after the sale of Jones so I'd prefer to see Samba stay. I'm not too worried about Arsenal because I don't think they'll trump up the cash but I'd be worried about another club hijacking the sale now. Spurs showed an interest last season.

As for Vastic, it's a pity to see him go. Bayern are obviously signing him for a reason.

Looks like Samba will definitely be going, the owners confirming that there are discussions with clubs ongoing:

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7001860/Big-Chris-Samba-Hopes-Blackburn-Let-Him-Leave

Looks like we are signing a Russian right back. Just been linked with two. This lad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2007070/Blackburn-line-Roman-Shishkin.html

& Aleksandr Anyukov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Can't believe Benjani signing a new deal hasn't been mentioned yet!

I really hope we can get a decent striker in, and obviously now some proven defenders to replace those departed\departing.

I thought we might have signed Jermaine Jones by now, I really hope we can nab him and that he doesn't go elsewhere.

Can't believe Benjani signing a new deal hasn't been mentioned yet!

I really hope we can get a decent striker in, and obviously now some proven defenders to replace those departed\departing.

I thought we might have signed Jermaine Jones by now, I really hope we can nab him and that he doesn't go elsewhere.

I was hoping no-one would notice tbh. We now have Roberts, Kalinic, Rochina & Benjani - four strikers who can't buy a goal between them.

I mean I know Roberts did well towards the end of last season but he also misses some absolute sitters and is Championship quality IMO. The PL is a level too high for him.

A striker is badly needed at the club. Although we're selling all our defenders so they are badly needed too. And don't get me started on midfield.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

really hoped we would have made one or 2 signings by now

I know there is still a good bit to go in the transfer window but pre-season isn't to far away and new players need time to settle in.

Genuinely worried about the upcoming season, guessing I'm not the only one either

jrochie wrote: »
    really hoped we would have made one or 2 signings by now

I know there is still a good bit to go in the transfer window but pre-season isn't to far away and new players need time to settle in.

Genuinely worried about the upcoming season, guessing I'm not the only one either

I thought there would be signings by now too, i still hope there are some that the process has at least begun.

We still have Formica and Rochina to come in with a full pre-season behind them, and you would expect them to be fighting fit from the start. We did not see much of them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like you might be about to get your wish on the transfer front mate:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2009640/Blackburn-launch-6-5m-bid-Manchester-City-defender-Nedum-Onuoha.html

£6.5m is expensive for him IMO. Thought he was solid if unspectacular last season with Sunderland and more of an athlete than a footballer. I wouldn't pay more than £4m for him. He wants to stay in the north-west though so you've definitely got a chance of landing him.

Not really a fan of Onuoha but like other players that have come to us there is always a likleyhood that he improves as he plays more.

I like the other one thats linked to us right now, Axel Witsel, but its Nixon so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. He hasn't had one right for a long time so hopefully this just turns out to be his one in a thousand or so good ones.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-news-Rovers-chase-Alex-Witsel-8m-Standard-Liege-midfield-hardman-wanted-by-Palermo-Lazio-article753990.html

eagle eye wrote: »
    Not really a fan of Onuoha but like other players that have come to us there is always a likleyhood that he improves as he plays more.

I like the other one thats linked to us right now, Axel Witsel, but its Nixon so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. He hasn't had one right for a long time so hopefully this just turns out to be his one in a thousand or so good ones.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-news-Rovers-chase-Alex-Witsel-8m-Standard-Liege-midfield-hardman-wanted-by-Palermo-Lazio-article753990.html

I think Onuoha is a decent player who will improve and I'd be happy enough to pay 4m to 5m, 6.5m is steep though.

As for Witsel, the part I don't like is that Kentaro are apparently involved. He looks a decent prospect and, if he's anything like Fellani, he'll be a great buy but I don't see why we are chasing players tied to an agency firm involved with the club.

I'd also prefer to see Jermaine Jones purchased for a small fee and the money spent on a decent striker/central defender (if Samba goes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Personally I don't think he will improve. He's 24 (25 in November), there's not many players like Onouha who improve much at that age. He also wants to play CB where he looks uncomfortable. I presume he'll be signed to replace Samba and play CB?

He's not a bad player mind, I just don't think he's worth £6.5m, especially when he's probably 3rd choice RB and 5th choice CB at Manchester City now.

Paully D wrote: »
    Personally I don't think he will improve. He's 24 (25 in November), there's not many players like Onouha who improve much at that age. He also wants to play CB where he looks uncomfortable. I presume he'll be signed to replace Samba and play CB?

He's not a bad player mind, I just don't think he's worth £6.5m, especially when he's probably 3rd choice RB and 5th choice CB at Manchester City now.

I'd beg to differ. Samba is 27 and he improved greatly last season. Defenders can play into their early 30s and many are only reaching their peak around 27 or 28 so Onuoha still has plenty of time to improve.

He's versatile so can play across the back four. Tbh, there are alot worse players we could buy so I'd be happy enough to see him come, although I do agree the fee is high.

He's the type of player we should be in for. Although I'm surprised that Bruce doesn't want to bring him back to Sunderland.

I'm still annoyed that we didn't try to go for Demba Ba.

A month until the start of the season tomorrow and still no sign of even one signing to improve a side that barely escaped relegation last season.

Papers today are linking us with Defoe but I'll believe it when I see it.

Rumours now that Venkys want to sell the club. I can only hope. They can bring Steve Kean with them while they're at it.

Lemlin wrote: »
    A month until the start of the season tomorrow and still no sign of even one signing to improve a side that barely escaped relegation last season.

Papers today are linking us with Defoe but I'll believe it when I see it.

Rumours now that Venkys want to sell the club. I can only hope. They can bring Steve Kean with them while they're at it.

Plus we are down Phil Jones, Samba will most likely be gone to, as well as Santa Cruz, Jermaine Jones and Mame-Diouf. Granted Cruz & Diouf weren't anything to special while we had them, but even still. The lack of depth in our squad is really scary.

We are in Hong Kong for the Asia Trophy in a couple of weeks, and once that is done its 2 weeks to PL kick off. They'd wanna take the f***ing finger out!

Plus we are down Phil Jones, Samba will most likely be gone to, as well as Santa Cruz, Jermaine Jones and Mame-Diouf. Granted Cruz & Diouf weren't anything to special while we had them, but even still. The lack of depth in our squad is really scary.

We are in Hong Kong for the Asia Trophy in a couple of weeks, and once that is done its 2 weeks to PL kick off. They'd wanna take the f***ing finger out!

Linked with some average looking Argentine who played one time for his country against Chile a few years ago today. It doesn't get much worse.

Any player that's half decent won't sign for Kean unless they are desperate like Jermaine Jones was.

Looks like we've finally made our first signing, Sky Sports are reporting that Mariano Pavone has agreed terms on a 3 year contract and passed a medical. The most amazing quote came from his agent..
    "Mariano is delighted to get his chance in English football, he has spoken to several clubs but he was particularly impressed by Steve Kean," McIntosh told skysports.com.
    He's obviously seen something in Kean that no Blackburn fan has!

Also the real reason behind the transfer was revealed on Pavone's Wiki page,
    Blackburn Rovers.
    He signed for Blackburn Rovers on the 15 July 2011, after Steve Kean was impressed with his head of hair.

News today is what we all expected. Venkys have no intention of buying players for the club and are actually bleeding it dry.

Apparently the 18m overdraft they were meant to clear when they bought the club has not been cleared and now the Phil Jones cash will have to go towards it.

A disaster. What was the Jack Walker Trust done to the club leaving us in this mess.

• Advertisement

god thats just what we need. Where did you read that?

Kinda surprising in a way, would have thought the Jack Walker Trust would have put something like that in the conditions of the sale

god thats just what we need. Where did you read that?

Kinda surprising in a way, would have thought the Jack Walker Trust would have put something like that in the conditions of the sale

It's in The Mirror and has since been picked up by a few UK websites and newspapers.

Thats from Alan Nixon who is full of rubbish. Don't pass any heed on it. Don't even come back to me talking about smoke and fires or that we haven't spent anything so there is a chance he is right.

Nixon is a disgrace, if there was any honour among football writers he woudn't be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Its getting tempting to back Blackburn at 9/2 for relegation.

Owners are a joke.

djPSB wrote: »
    Its getting tempting to back Blackburn at 9/2 for relegation.

Owners are a joke.
    :rolleyes:

Are you gullible enough to believe everything you read in the gutter press?

PaullyD posted this a while back. Its about the same Nixon dude who is spouting this rubbish. This was put together by a Sunderland fan. And in case you think I'm just going against him now have a look up the page to where I read one of his links to us and what I said about Nixon. Thanks.

http://www.rokerreport.com/2011/6/22/2236464/captains-blog-the-world-according-to-alan-nixon-daily-mirror-journalist

:rolleyes:

Are you gullible enough to believe everything you read in the gutter press?

PaullyD posted this a while back. Its about the same Nixon dude who is spouting this rubbish. This was put together by a Sunderland fan. And in case you think I'm just going against him now have a look up the page to where I read one of his links to us and what I said about Nixon. Thanks.

http://www.rokerreport.com/2011/6/22/2236464/captains-blog-the-world-according-to-alan-nixon-daily-mirror-journalist

Not sure what that article has to do with anything..

1. The owners haven't shown any commitment financially so far. The most exciting transfer news have been links with Beckham and Ronaldinho. Both in the latter stages of their careers.

2. The owners haven't a clue. Replacing Sam Allardyce with Steve Kean is absolute madness.

3. Steve Kean hasn't done anything to date to inspire confidence. Avoiding relegation by 4 points is no great achievement.

4. Solid ownership is vital for a club. Blackburn remind me alot of Newcastle a few seasons ago, when they were relegated with Mike Ashley making daft decisions. And the same with West Ham last season.

Just think the 9/2 bet is good value.
    IMO

Not sure what that article has to do with anything..

1. The owners haven't shown any commitment financially so far. The most exciting transfer news have been links with Beckham and Ronaldinho. Both in the latter stages of their careers.
    They spent £5 million in January on two players. They also brought in two players on loan that cost quite a bit. It was near the end of the transfer window that these deals were done. Its the middle of July, the tranfer market doesn't close for over 6 weeks yet.
    2. The owners haven't a clue. Replacing Sam Allardyce with Steve Kean is absolute madness.
    So you are saying that based on one decision at the start of their time here that they are clueless. Maybe they have learned a bit about football since then. At the end of the day though they are business people and very good business too. You really haven't a clue what they are like. You are just guessing this based on one decision.
    3. Steve Kean hasn't done anything to date to inspire confidence. Avoiding relegation by 4 points is no great achievement.
    I agree and I wasn't happy when Allardyce was sacked either. Still he is being given a chance and there is nothing anybody can do about. And to be fair to the man he didn't have a preseason with the players yet. Now he is having that so the next couple of months is a good time to judge him. Also last season was a weird one in the Premier League. Fulham finished 8th only 7 points ahead of Blackburn.
    4. Solid ownership is vital for a club. Blackburn remind me alot of Newcastle a few seasons ago, when they were relegated with Mike Ashley making daft decisions. And the same with West Ham last season.
    Again you are only basing this on one thing and/or rubbish from a writer proven to be full of crap. Mike Ashley still owns Newcastle by the way. Comparing them to the idiot former owners of Birmingham who now own West Ham is grossly unfair to them.
    Just think the 9/2 bet is good value.
    IMO
    Its a stupid bet. The owners have said they have money to spend and have promised signings. They might be in the relegation zone at the end of the season but I'd be looking at clubs like Swansea, Wigan, QPR, Norwich and Wolves as weaker.

They spent £5 million in January on two players. They also brought in two players on loan that cost quite a bit. It was near the end of the transfer window that these deals were done. Its the middle of July, the tranfer market doesn't close for over 6 weeks yet.

So you are saying that based on one decision at the start of their time here that they are clueless. Maybe they have learned a bit about football since then. At the end of the day though they are business people and very good business too. You really haven't a clue what they are like. You are just guessing this based on one decision.

I agree and I wasn't happy when Allardyce was sacked either. Still he is being given a chance and there is nothing anybody can do about. And to be fair to the man he didn't have a preseason with the players yet. Now he is having that so the next couple of months is a good time to judge him. Also last season was a weird one in the Premier League. Fulham finished 8th only 7 points ahead of Blackburn.

Again you are only basing this on one thing and/or rubbish from a writer proven to be full of crap. Mike Ashley still owns Newcastle by the way. Comparing them to the idiot former owners of Birmingham who now own West Ham is grossly unfair to them.

Its a stupid bet. The owners have said they have money to spend and have promised signings. They might be in the relegation zone at the end of the season but I'd be looking at clubs like Swansea, Wigan, QPR, Norwich and Wolves as weaker.

Norwich have made a few good signings, and Lambert is a shrewd operator. I think they might stay up. QPR will go down IMO, if they dont spend but are not worth backing.

Swansea will prob go down but again, not worth backing.
    Martinez staying at Wigan was important for them, I think they will be okay.
    Wolves are more stable than Blackburn, and Roger Johnson will be a big signing for them. They were unlucky last season with injuries.

You could be right, Blackburn may well stay up, Steve Kean could turn out to be top class, The owners may spend million improving yer squad.

I suppose only time will tell.

Norwich have made a few good signings, and Lambert is a shrewd operator. I think they might stay up. QPR will go down IMO, if they dont spend but are not worth backing.

Swansea will prob go down but again, not worth backing.
    Martinez staying at Wigan was important for them, I think they will be okay.
    Wolves are more stable than Blackburn, and Roger Johnson will be a big signing for them. They were unlucky last season with injuries.

You could be right, Blackburn may well stay up, Steve Kean could turn out to be top class, The owners may spend million improving yer squad.

I suppose only time will tell.

I agree that 9/2 is a good bet and I'm a Rovers supporter.

Kean is a joke. He was lucky at the end of last season that the players motivated themselves and moved away from relegation. Our results under Kean at the end of last season were atrocious.

Nobody seems to know what's going on at the club and we're looking more and more like Pompey did a few seasons ago by the day.

The owners say they'll spend money but they haven't done it. 5 mil may have been spent in January Eagle Eye but it was spent on two unproven players, one of whom we haven't even seen play a competitive match yet.

Now we're signing players like Myles Anderson because his relative or someone is linked to Kentaro. It's all a farce.

Just read messageboards or pages like Blackburn Pro on Facebook to see what Rovers supporters think of Kean/Venkys.

Have a look at http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9146556.Striker_left_in_limbo_as_he_waits_for_Blackburn_Rovers_green_light/?ref=mr

How long does it take for a transfer to go through?
    We can't even get a shirt sponsor at the moment.

• Advertisement

You can find all the negative tripe you want if you go searching for it.

I'm no fan of Kean but to be fair to him as I said above he was thrown in at the deep end and who wouldn't take the opportunity when it arose?

He will have had a preseason with the players and all the time he needs to put his football philosophy to work. Lets see how he does over first while before we go lynching him.

And Kean made it very clear that there is funds and that they are going to be bringing in players.

If you are gullible enough to believe anything Nixon has to say then I won't bother replying to you anymore Lemlin.

Whatever way you want to look at it, being a good bet or not,

the odds are crap in my opinion, it may be worth a punt on Blackburn being relegated, but you would want a hell of a lot more than 9/2.

into 7/2 now

Anthony O'Connor, one of the young Irish lads at Blackburn scored both of Ireland's goals in the 2-1 win against Greece tonight.

A bit of positive news!

it might be the middle of July, but already a lot of top quality players in important positions have switched around amongst our neighbours. Sunderland have bought up all around them. Johnson is gone to wolves whom i thought would have been brilliant at Blackburn in defense.

We're making a lot of bids for people, but we're underbidding a lot of the time and then getting out bid by other clubs and losing out on the opportunity to sign solid players. Considering we're supposed to have so much money available from these multi-billionaires, it would be nice to see a signing that wasn't a free transfer or a loan or on a player that is unproven at this level of the game. Something to inspire at least a bit of confidence in the team for the fans.

Robbie Keane was being mooted there for quite a while. i think he'd be good at Rovers and he wasn't going for all that much money. A move out of London would surely do him the world of good ;)

You can find all the negative tripe you want if you go searching for it.

I'm no fan of Kean but to be fair to him as I said above he was thrown in at the deep end and who wouldn't take the opportunity when it arose?

He will have had a preseason with the players and all the time he needs to put his football philosophy to work. Lets see how he does over first while before we go lynching him.

And Kean made it very clear that there is funds and that they are going to be bringing in players.

If you are gullible enough to believe anything Nixon has to say then I won't bother replying to you anymore Lemlin.

How many games did he have last season to prove his credentials? I'll be very surprised if Blackburn start playing like Barca this season because Kean has had a chance "to put his football philosophy to work".

I don't believe anything Kean says at this point to be honest. They are funds there to bring in players yet we haven't brought in one player yet. As per the point that was made above, there's already been a few players sold that Blackburn should be trying to sign. Demba Ba went to Newcastle. Why weren't we in for him? Roger Johnson went to Wolves. There's a perfect replacement for Jones. What about John O'Shea or Wes Brown? They wouldn't even have to move house to play for us.

If you are gullible enough to believe the tripe that the owners and Kean continue spouting then I'll leave you to it. Rumours now that three other clubs (Fulham, Liverpool and Swansea) are in for Pavone. Deal was meant to be done Friday, then Monday and still isn't done. Rumours now that the owners have blocked the move. Something is holding it up.

I'll choose to listen to the rumours because they seem more truthful then what is coming from the club.

• Advertisement

How many games did he have last season to prove his credentials? I'll be very surprised if Blackburn start playing like Barca this season because Kean has had a chance "to put his football philosophy to work".

I don't believe anything Kean says at this point to be honest. They are funds there to bring in players yet we haven't brought in one player yet. As per the point that was made above, there's already been a few players sold that Blackburn should be trying to sign. Demba Ba went to Newcastle. Why weren't we in for him? Roger Johnson went to Wolves. There's a perfect replacement for Jones. What about John O'Shea or Wes Brown? They wouldn't even have to move house to play for us.

If you are gullible enough to believe the tripe that the owners and Kean continue spouting then I'll leave you to it. Rumours now that three other clubs (Fulham, Liverpool and Swansea) are in for Pavone. Deal was meant to be done Friday, then Monday and still isn't done. Rumours now that the owners have blocked the move. Something is holding it up.

I'll choose to listen to the rumours because they seem more truthful then what is coming from the club.

It is clear that Kean is a yes man for the owners, and that is why we can't believe anything he says, as obviously we cannot trust the owners.

However as I said last season he needs time to show what he can do, with a full pre season under his belt there will be huge pressure on him, I'm one of the ones who side with giving him time, you are not - and both of us have our own solid reasons.

You can't deny though that you latch onto everything you can to give it a negative spin. Last week you were not happy to be linked with a bit part Argentine and now this week you are not happy because the signing is not sewn up.

I'm pissed off that we have not signed Jermaine Jones, and the longer it goes the more I think we won't. He was quality in the middle last season and we don't have a player to fill the gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Nikola Kalinic is supposed to of handed in a transfer request anyone have any idea why he played so little last year when he had a 1 in 3 strike rate?

Will Santa Cruz be with ye next season or is he still at City????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Will Santa Cruz be with ye next season or is he still at City????

City bought him.

That_Guy wrote: »
    City bought him.

Yeah but he was on loan at Blackburn at the end of last season.

Thought there was an option to buy at the end of the loan deal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Its not looking go. I believe a combination of Kean as manager and the increasing weird owners are behind the reason we have made no signings. Not a fan of O'Shea or Brown but we did have a great foot in the door with Man U to speak to both players first during the Phil Jones deal.

Seems Hoillet is not rushing to sign a contract either, its not great. I agree Jermaine Jones couldnt have cost much to secure on a permanent deal unless he didnt want to go which would be down to Kean. Then we have Pavone the Argentine Striker. He was suppose to be in the bag and now there is some complication over contracts and other clubs in the prem circling.

I think the owners are full of crap, the whole take over was bizarre, BRFC have taken in some great money in transfer fee's but we're not spending a penny.

Then the chairman goes on to join Man City ?

More muck from tabloids.:rolleyes:

More muck from tabloids.:rolleyes:

What have you seen to date from the new owners to suggest they will be a positive influence on the club???

It appears the bank is pushing to get the overdraft down. I have seen this mentioned in a few places. If the owners are not prepared to put in the cash to keep the banks happy then anyone we sign this window will be on a 'free' or a loan.

sundula wrote: »
    It appears the bank is pushing to get the overdraft down. I have seen this mentioned in a few places. If the owners are not prepared to put in the cash to keep the banks happy then anyone we sign this window will be on a 'free' or a loan.

Pavone is on a free and we can't even get him signed.

It is clear that Kean is a yes man for the owners, and that is why we can't believe anything he says, as obviously we cannot trust the owners.

However as I said last season he needs time to show what he can do, with a full pre season under his belt there will be huge pressure on him, I'm one of the ones who side with giving him time, you are not - and both of us have our own solid reasons.

You can't deny though that you latch onto everything you can to give it a negative spin. Last week you were not happy to be linked with a bit part Argentine and now this week you are not happy because the signing is not sewn up.

I'm pissed off that we have not signed Jermaine Jones, and the longer it goes the more I think we won't. He was quality in the middle last season and we don't have a player to fill the gap.

I wasn't happy about signing a bit part Argentine, that's correct. I'm even more unhappy though that we can't get a bit part Argentine, who's bought himself out of his own contract so is on a free transfer, signed. Would you blame me? As I said above, nobody seems to know what is going on at the club.

As for putting a negative spin on things, what positive spin is there to have? I was happy about the signings of Formica and Rochina, I was happy about Hoilett getting increased playing time, I admit I was wrong about Jermaine Jones - but those have been the few solitary good things in the seven to eight months since the owners arrived and Kean was made manager. Everything else has been negative - Allardyce going, John Williams going, Kean being appointed, Phil Jones leaving, barely escaping relegation, no new signings, all the rumours surrounding the club, not being able to get a new shirt sponsor.

Kean and the owners are saying one thing when its obvious that the truth is the opposite.

What have you seen to date from the new owners to suggest they will be a positive influence on the club???
    Balaji Rao did a phone interview only two weeks ago. He said a lot of things in it about the short and long term for Rovers. This bit is about funds.
    "We have to pump in money if we have to buy players. But I can't disclose the amount. The money that came out from Phil Jones' transfer is also there for the club and will be used in the transfers."
    http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/07/07/idINIndia-58137920110707?rpc=401&feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews&rpc=401

And then Steve Kean had this to say only two days ago.
    "That (selling before buying) has definite 100% not been mentioned. We have not had any bids in for players from other clubs so we couldn't have put any bids out there in case they were accepted if that was true.
    "We have got two active bids out there and we will see if they are accepted, if not other bids will go in.
    "They are not small deals they are sizeable bids. I imagine they will come to a conclusion within the next 48 hours, if they happen - great, if they don't we will put other bids out and attract other players to the club.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/935860/blackburn%27s-steve-kean-says-?cc=5739

So thats one of the owners and a manager telling us that we have funds and that the Jones' money is being added to transfer funds. And pretty much telling us that those stories about accepted bids were untrue. But we have people here reading Nixon and other tabloid trash and believing it over our owners and manager.

I wasn't happy about signing a bit part Argentine, that's correct. I'm even more unhappy though that we can't get a bit part Argentine, who's bought himself out of his own contract so is on a free transfer, signed. Would you blame me? As I said above, nobody seems to know what is going on at the club.

As for putting a negative spin on things, what positive spin is there to have? I was happy about the signings of Formica and Rochina, I was happy about Hoilett getting increased playing time, I admit I was wrong about Jermaine Jones - but those have been the few solitary good things in the seven to eight months since the owners arrived and Kean was made manager. Everything else has been negative - Allardyce going, John Williams going, Kean being appointed, Phil Jones leaving, barely escaping relegation, no new signings, all the rumours surrounding the club, not being able to get a new shirt sponsor.

Kean and the owners are saying one thing when its obvious that the truth is the opposite.

They are never going to come out and tell us the bad news anyways, especially Kean seems as though he'd be booted out. I think you are right in that the truth is the opposite of what they say.

I'll wait and see come the end of August as to who we get in, I have a feeling that they will tell us Rochina and Formica will be the new players we didn't buy this summer. If I could I'd settle for adding Jermaine Jones now and getting nobody else in!

The thing with Pavone being 'free' is that there will be a premium to pay as regards to a signing on fee and his wages as a result of him buyinh himself out. It could well be there is nothing there to spend, again I'll have to wait and see what else happens.

I'm ever the optimist!

Edit: as for this India trip in October, I'm all for exploring new markets, but I hope it doesn't happen in October

It is hard to attract top class players to the club with Steve Kean in charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement