Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

'He comes from Africa. He's better than Kaka!'
    Supposedly spurs made a ridiculously small bid for parker. Redknapp really infuriates me. think we should be looking for at least £10 million for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The a**holes bid 4million, they should GTFO, we have a tag of 8million on him so stick that in your love pipe arry !
    'He comes from Africa. He's better than Kaka!'

:D:D I'm likin' it !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Cardiff and Leeds first two home games, Millwall september 17th...

Millwall september 17th...

Wouldn't go near it if you paid me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Cardiff and Leeds first two home games, Millwall september 17th...

Can't wait for this season. I'd imagine the Millwall game will be changed to the Sunday, 12 kick off. Can't wait for it though.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wouldn't go near it if you paid me ;)

I'l take your ticket then, if you please :pac:

Da Costa is gone now. Really felt he was underrated during his time here. Chipped in with the odd goal as well. Beginning to haemorrhage players badly now :(

Da Costa is gone now. Really felt he was underrated during his time here. Chipped in with the odd goal as well. Beginning to haemorrhage players badly now :(

I’d imagine the fact he’s probably going to do time come September if he stays in England might have something to do with his sale. I’ve actually been quite pleased with our business so far. Who of any major importance have we lost aside from Demba Ba? We’re getting rid of a lot of high earners without selling the crown jewels just yet. There was always going to have to be major cost cutting and so far so good in my book.

fkiely wrote: »
    I’d imagine the fact he’s probably going to do time come September if he stays in England might have something to do with his sale. I’ve actually been quite pleased with our business so far. Who of any major importance have we lost aside from Demba Ba? We’re getting rid of a lot of high earners without selling the crown jewels just yet. There was always going to have to be major cost cutting and so far so good in my book.
    Jaysus forgot about that. I see Hitzlsperger is gone now with Cole, Green and Parker to follow according to Allardyce.

Seems Hitz didn’t fancy a season in the Championship. Poor form in a way activating his relegation clause after only giving us a couple of months at the end of the season considering the wages we were playing him. I wouldn’t expect those three to leave mate just yet. Parker is fully expected to be off (of course) but I have it on good authority he’d be relatively happy to stay if nothing materialises. One of the Turkish teams are the only club to have met our valuation and Tottenham have only offered 4 for him, which was laughed out the door. Cole is also happy enough to stay and has no real desire to leave but whether Sam wants him or not remains to be seen. I’m expecting Green to stay to be honest. He’s just had a kid and doesn’t really want to leave and the club don’t particularly want to sell. Villa were interested before McLeish but that seems to have faded now.

• Advertisement

Seems Hitz didn’t fancy a season in the Championship. Poor form in a way activating his relegation clause after only giving us a couple of months at the end of the season considering the wages we were playing him. I wouldn’t expect those three to leave mate just yet. Parker is fully expected to be off (of course) but I have it on good authority he’d be relatively happy to stay if nothing materialises. One of the Turkish teams are the only club to have met our valuation and Tottenham have only offered 4 for him, which was laughed out the door. Cole is also happy enough to stay and has no real desire to leave but whether Sam wants him or not remains to be seen. I’m expecting Green to stay to be honest. He’s just had a kid and doesn’t really want to leave and the club don’t particularly want to sell. Villa were interested before McLeish but that seems to have faded now.

Down with Hitz and Ba I say. WHU fans have long memories.

I think it was Bursaspor that offered the 8M requested for Scotty. Not sure he wants to go there. I'd happy keep Green though - I still rate him, and of course Scotty (but that's unlikely as we all agree)

Appears that we're very close to two new signings, Max Gradel and Craig Mackail-Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

fkiely wrote: »
    Appears that we're very close to two new signings, Max Gradel and Craig Mackail-Smith.

would be two very good signings for West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

What evidence is there on Gradel?

G.K. wrote: »
    What evidence is there on Gradel?

Just what I’ve been told so said I’d pass it along. The transfer fee isn’t an issue with Gradel, nor is his wages. The main worry is that there are a couple of other clubs sniffing around him which could turn his head. Mackail-Smith seems more likely but there’s a bit of haggling over the final fee involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Leicester have had a bid for Mackail-Smith accepted by Posh, according to Barry Fry.

Theres also talk of Sorenson coming, from Stoke. Maybe Green will be on the move?

Also talk of James McLean from Derry City for £400k

Seems we've made an enquiry to take Macheda on loan. Not sure how likely it is though.

And we miss out on Gudjohnson for the third time in four years. Not too bothered though as he's pretty much past it at this stage.
    Cole also rejected a move to Stoke.

And we miss out on Gudjohnson for the third time in four years. Not too bothered though as he's pretty much past it at this stage.
    Cole also rejected a move to Stoke.

Rumours of Cole to West Brom now, the big donkey.

As For Gudjohnson, other way around this time, Big Sam told him to f off after he was dilly dallying after AEK Athens became interested. Though as you say, no loss

And we miss out on Gudjohnson for the third time in four years

That's a good thing IMO, Sam had doubts re his commitment to the Hammers and told him to take a hike ! Remember last time he was signing for us and we paid his hotel bills, medicals etc and then fecked off to spuds of all teams. Good riddance !
    Rumours of Cole to West Brom now, the big donkey.

Must be something going down as he isn't in Denmark anyway.

Pity but it looks like we are going to miss out on Gradel who seems to be off to Lille.

Anywhere to watch the game tonight online against FC Copenhagen?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anywhere to watch the game tonight online against FC Copenhagen?

Supposedly it was on Danish TV so there was plenty of good streams. Didn't get to see it myself but it finished 1-0 to West Ham. Sears with the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Matt Taylor joining ye now as well.

To be fair to Sam he's bringing in good players.

And he's convincing players to join ye from Premiership clubs. Obviously well liked by the players.

Dylan Tombides being treated for testicular cancer.
    Best of luck to the lad. Frightfully young age to have to deal with that.

Dylan Tombides being treated for testicular cancer.
    Best of luck to the lad. Frightfully young age to have to deal with that.

++1

Only 17. Go Dylan !

17, bloody hell, what an age.

Hope he pulls through.

Game on BBC 1 tomorrow 12.45, KO 13.00

Come on you 'Ammers !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Cant wait.. football is back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is the team looking like for the new season?

Green
    Jacobsen----Tomkins
    ?
    ?
    Noble----Parker----Nolan
    Taylor
    Cole
    ?

I guess Faye and Illunga will complete your defense. Sears/Stanislas/Hines/Nouble up front?

• Advertisement

Didn't realise Jacobsen had left, Joey O'B RB maybe? And is Piquionne still there? He could score 20 in the Championship

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just seen John Carew has signed, not eligible for tomorrow.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Just seen John Carew has signed, not eligible for tomorrow.
    A Big Sam type player if there ever was one

Anyone on ye @ 11/8 to gain promotion????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

A Big Sam type player if there ever was one

Not really, very good player on the ground.

Would destroy that league if he got fit and kept the nightclubs to 1 night a week!

Team:01 Green
    02 Reid
    05 Tomkins
    17 O'Brien
    23 Ilunga
    04 Nolan
    08 Parker
    14 Taylor
    16 Noble
    19 Sears
    30 Piquionne
    Substitutes
    31 Boffin, 15 Faye, 10 Collison, 12 Barrera, 09 Cole

One of the best midfields in the Championship ever? With Collison on the bench too

I'm frothing at the gash

• Advertisement

Team:01 Green
    02 Reid
    05 Tomkins
    17 O'Brien
    23 Ilunga
    04 Nolan
    08 Parker
    14 Taylor
    16 Noble
    19 Sears
    30 Piquionne
    Substitutes
    31 Boffin, 15 Faye, 10 Collison, 12 Barrera, 09 Cole

One of the best midfields in the Championship ever? With Collison on the bench too

I'm frothing at the gash
    Still not convinced about the defence though. Don't think Reid and Illunga are up to much.
    Two decent chances so far.

Illunga shuld be shipped out ASAP.
    Absolute $hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Absolute $hite.

Ilunga was great in the first half, just made a mistake that cost a goal. Tomkins should have been tighter and closed down faster aswell.

Absolute $hite.

Ilunga was great in the first half, just made a mistake that cost a goal. Tomkins should have been tighter and closed down faster aswell.
    Fair enough I did kind of overreact there but i still think we desperately need a new left back and striker. We were pretty much all over Cardiff yesterday and couldn't score.
    Also, did it seem to those watching that Parker looked like he really did not want to be there.

Aldershot in the Carling Cup tomorrow. Presume the fringe players as well as Collison and Faye will get a run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

You can't blame parker for not wanting to be in the championship. Still has a better attitude than defoe anyway.
    The players are getting used to big sam's tactics and way of playing, parker has a specific role in midfield with nolan now rather than last year of trying to do everything himself.

All the new signings looked great and even Reid looked good in defence

• Advertisement

And is Piquionne still there? He could score 20 in the Championship

I think the operative word here is could , but he won't, not going on yesterdays performance anyway.

We should have won that game, just not taking our chances (again), I thought we'd left the sh1t behind us in the premier league.

I thought J O'B looked good yesterday, plus Taylor and Tonka had a good game, along with Rita and Reid I thought played well too in defence. Where was Nolan? and Parker was off the boil, gave the ball away a lot, Nobes was ok too I thought. Lots more to do, 4/1 to go straight back up. I'd take Ipswich at 18/1 !!!

O'B looked nice and composed, considering the time he's been out.

Aldershot game off because of the riots :(

Linda's back. Hopefully he can do as well as in his first stint. Gives me much more confidence than Ilunga.
    If we get a decent striker before the end of the month I'll be more confident of getting promoted.

yeah, another great signing!
    On the striker issue, you'd think a mix of Piquionne, Carew and Cole should do the job. But its hard to be too confident in any of them! No real 6 yard goal scorer in the squad, which is what I think we really need.

Gives me much more confidence than Ilunga.

In fairness Rita's first season was great, injured and went off the boil, I thought he was solid enough last Sunday barring the faux pas (and it's arguable he was fouled), hopefully he comes back to his best.

We need a proven striker.

Welcome back Georgie boy - You're no Julian Dicks though wearing the number 3 !!

Got to warn you lot about McCartney - we had him last season and really didn't play too good.

yeah, another great signing!
    On the striker issue, you'd think a mix of Piquionne, Carew and Cole should do the job. But its hard to be too confident in any of them! No real 6 yard goal scorer in the squad, which is what I think we really need.

All three strikers are very similar in the way they play. Could do with a bit more pace up front to replace Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McCartney has been horrendous ever since he re-signed for Sunderland.

The Sunderland Echo are also reporting that West Ham are paying ALL of his £40,000 a week wage, which is unbelievable. Everyone at Sunderland is delighted to get him out of the club and off the wage bill for another season at least.

It'll be interesting to see how he does back at West Ham, but I wouldn't be getting too excited if I was you lads!

Sure he hardly played for Sunderland! He played a good bit for Leeds last season and done ok by all accounts. He always played very well for West Ham. Most fans seem very glad to have him back, including me

• Advertisement
Advertisement