Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah Salah put your boot through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not a performance to cover the lads in glory, unfortunately. Should have had the game dead and buried long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pope’s wasted about 10 of the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Pope’s wasted about 10 of the last 20 minutes.

The 6 second rule is the most ignored rule in football, held that last ball for 19 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Poor result, should have won that comfortably after all the chances.

Salah needs to forget about that Golden Boot and focus on his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That’s frustrating. Could have had 4 or 5. Need to win last 3 now to reach 102 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pathetic and annoying from Salah today. I know it's an over-reaction but he is paid the big bucks to make the right choices at this level and today he didn't.

Curtis Jones was great and that hour will do him a power of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

That's a very poor draw. Huge amount of chances wasted. Salah can take a big portion of responsibility for it but he wins us enough games to warrant a selfish performance like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

So so so wasteful.

• Advertisement

oh well, that was still some amazing run at home from January 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We fell completely asleep the last half hour. The subs made the team worse despite coming on for players who are kids. The sooner this season is over the better performance wise as we've been playing with less intensity as we are aware we won the league in February.
    Salah and Mane had an off day as they focused on scoring instead of playing but there was very little chance of Firmino to score. He better score against Chelsea now, even Grant Hanley scored at Anfield for Liverpool this season.

Mane was far more wasteful than Salah today, taking numerous nothing shots from 25 yards out, bizarre that Mo's the only one that ever gets criticised for bad decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Disappointing. Only themselves to blame. Too casual 2nd half. Pope was outstanding.

It’s hard to overcome incompetent officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Augme

The season we win the league and they still manage to piss me off an incredible amount. To have a few huge records so close and to go out with such a whimper is very annoying and frustrating. The only positive is that the winning streak at home streak is now out the window. But still, Burnley ffs.

Turtyturd wrote:

Its annoying but had more than enough opportunities to make it an irrelevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No Hendo, no party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mo and Bobby both scuffed great chances. Jones should probably have scored as well. A few cracking saves from Pope.

Kinda felt the longer they went missing chances that Burnley would nick something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wasteful in front of goal, away keeper motm, 2 points dropped.

• Advertisement

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Definitely but their incompetence is the difference between the win and the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On the bright side of the draw we didn't have to listen to the Tyler, Carragher and Neville banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I blame Owl.

So do I :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,354 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Do you actually think he passed to Jones instead of Mane to stop Sadio catching up with him in the race? It was the right pass and Jones had a wide open effort on goal.

No. It has nothing to do with Mane.

I think Jones gave the opportunity of a one-two to put him through. One of Mo's trademarks is the little one one-two.

When you're in a mindset, which I believe he is, you're looking for ways in on goal all of the time. He's not doing anything to consciously screw his own team, but he is consciously trying to get himself a goal.

I love him. His love of goals make him who he is. A genius who I never want to leave. But sometimes, it kinda costs us a goal or 2.

My stream didnt replay the Robertson penalty shout but at full time both Andy and Klopp were giving spades to the ref about it.

We still should of got the win with all those chances. Pope made 8 saves today, 3 were world class, the other 5 were easy enough for him.

Anyway it says a lot about this team that a draw almost feels like a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Yes and Pope made three excellent saves. If Alisson had of made them we'd be creaming ourselves over them, but at the moment you've people saying we were wasteful.

Mane was far more wasteful than Salah today, taking numerous nothing shots from 25 yards out, bizarre that Mo's the only one that ever gets criticised for bad decision making.

He doesn't. Mane was also wasteful. Many were.

But I can't ignore the fact Salah honestly could've given him two tap ins and a one-on-one. And he ignored Mane racing through the middle against Brighton too.

It's Mo. He's focused. He's told to be direct. It gets him and the team so many goals. But it is a trade off sometimes.

It's no big deal. He's my favourite attacker on the team. I praise him constantly on here, when others even think he can be sold.

TitianGerm wrote:
    Yes and Pope made three excellent saves. If Alisson had of made them we'd be creaming ourselves over them, but at the moment you've people saying we were wasteful.

Ya brilliant saves. We still missed handy chances. We were wasteful.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    My stream didnt replay the Robertson penalty shout but at full time both Andy and Klopp were giving spades to the ref about it.

We still should of got the win with all those chances. Pope made 8 saves today, 3 were world class, the other 5 were easy enough for him.

Anyway it says a lot about this team that a draw almost feels like a loss.

Definitely still should’ve won, on another day we’re out of sight by half time. This reminds me of people saying Adrian can’t be at fault for the CL defeat because we had enough chances to be miles ahead, but without him Adrianing it we’d scored enough to go through. Likewise today with incompetence from the officials we scored enough to win.

Understandable that Klopp and Robertson would be upset. They didn’t have the benefit of commentary to clear it up for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

very tough to take.
    We are only 24 points clear PL champions & world champions.

If only we had a player called Bruno who gets penalties when he tackles someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Robbo penalty claim was stone wall
    Look at the incident and then look at the tackle on 89 minutes from Phil Beardsley, an identical challenge on Salah and its a free and he gets booked

Refs are just woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Bar the finishing I thought we were great today,considering we played two youth players from the start,pity we didn't nab a deserved couple more goals,also Burnley played a almost perfect game ,could have nabbed it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Good goal from Andy and Fab:

giphy.gif

Lots of chances:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

He gets a touch on the ball but that doesn't give you the right to scythe your opponent down afterwards, especially considering the touch was so minuscule that the ball is still in play in front of them to be won:

giphy.gif

Hate doing this but if we're gonna talk about bad decision making and tunnel vision then Mane was far worse for it than Salah today, any time he got near this part of the pitch he just ignored his surroundings and decided he was shooting:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Personally I don't think either of them are a problem whatsoever but if people are gonna start complaining every time they think Salah made the wrong call then I don't see why they're not saying the same about Mane.

This is essentially some of us at the moment.

sOqSE.jpg

• Advertisement

The offside call against Mane that resulted in the Burnley goal btw:

cd26f128838d14b124ed466e13973da1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Personally I don't think either of them are a problem whatsoever but if people are gonna start complaining every time they think Salah made the wrong call then I don't see why they're not saying the same about Mane.

There def is more favoritism towards Mane, even when he was greedy today. He'd a great chance to play in Salah but choose to switch back and shoot. They are goal scorers and they score goals; happy with both. But you're right to point out that only one seems to get hammered for it.

I would like to see a front 3 player come in the summer. Sancho would be great, and while I know he'd be very expensive, he's only 20, already top class, and you'd have him for over a decade. In 4-5 years, with Bobby/Mane/Salah nearing the end of their career, you'd have one piece in place for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Those clips show Salah played the final pass before 4 of those shots on goal so he wasn't totally greedy.

I'm glad we don't have the unbeaten run to worry about next season and the winning streak at home being gone is probably no harm either.

It is great that Williams is getting a chance to prove himself and hopefully Jones or Elliot put in some decent showings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Just realised that's our 100% home record gone as well

At this stage just want the season over and done with,
    Some. Of our players need a rest

Mad to think we are so far ahead when I think Salah and Firmino have had poor seasons by there standards

They still been great compared to 90,% of the rest of the league but certainly room for improvement by them next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Things that need to be taken into account here.

No crowd

Title is won already

Matches can take on the appearance of training games

Certain teams are doing better now, but that is because there is no crowd putting pressure on

I will not read too much into some results myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Still top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The offside call against Mane that resulted in the Burnley goal btw

Leaving players in 5+ yards of space in the box so that when balls drop to them they can get an shot away handy resulted in the goal.

A poor call in the run up doesnt excuse bad defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

https://twitter.com/usy1_/status/1282024633953378305

Robbo rightly raging at the ref. Love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

There def is more favoritism towards Mane, even when he was greedy today. He'd a great chance to play in Salah but choose to switch back and shoot. They are goal scorers and they score goals; happy with both. But you're right to point out that only one seems to get hammered for it.

I would like to see a front 3 player come in the summer. Sancho would be great, and while I know he'd be very expensive, he's only 20, already top class, and you'd have him for over a decade. In 4-5 years, with Bobby/Mane/Salah nearing the end of their career, you'd have one piece in place for the future.

It's strange that Mo always gets hammered for being more selfish, yet Mane gets off lightly, they're equally as greedy and go it alone when passing it might be the better option, still it's difficult to complain about both considering the amount of goals they score.

Pity the 100% home record is gone, need 3 wins now to get the points record

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Mane is not half as greedy as Salah imo.

Mane is not half as greedy as Salah imo.

Salah has 9 assist this season,
    He also had more than Mane last season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Salah is too greedy.

Mane is too greedy.

Firmino is too selfless.

mix it all together & you have a Champions League & Premier League winning front 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No chance of the 101 points, Chelsea were by all accounts brutal tonight and Arsenal are also dodgy and Newcastle could go either way right now but there's no room for manoeuvre in any event.

No chance of the 101 points, Chelsea were by all accounts brutal tonight and Arsenal are also dodgy and Newcastle could go either way right now but there's no room for manoeuvre in any event.

Correct, 102 points is possible though :P

But, Klopp has no mass on it and the games are of no material consequence for Liverpool, so not likely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement