Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Thank christ. 20% of our points this season have come from Chelsea! Cheers Frank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Can't believe the white feather ever doubted that we would win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

The Jman wrote: »
    Can't believe the white feather ever doubted that we would win!!!

I did reverse psychology on it!

I thought we might get a draw but never saw us winning it. Can't believe it.

We now have a great chance to stay up. Other teams having to win now puts pressure on them.

I watched Bournemouth earlier and they look really bad. Villa don't look great either but we have to keep this going. Chelsea play Watford on Saturday so hopefully Chelsea take this loss out on them now. Then we play Newcastle on sunday who are ok but beatable. Come on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Oh ye of little faith. :p
    Sub-par Chelsea, but still, solid defensive play from the hammers. Yarmelenko was a great return; breath of fresh air. Lanzini had zero wizardry, but put in a great shift defensively.

conceding twice at home is not what I would class as "solid defensive play" generally.

As for us of " little faith", is that really surprising based on recent performances ?

I think Moyes is atrocious
    The board are a bunch of scavengers
    The stadium is a white elephant with zero atmosphere, even with a crowd.
    In fact playing in an empty stadium with no atmosphere is not a new thing for the hammers.

That said I of course want to avoid relegation, and delighted with this huge 3 points, but part of me thinks if they were relegated, it would be almost deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

conceding twice at home is not what I would class as "solid defensive play" generally.

As for us of " little faith", is that really surprising based on recent performances ?

I think Moyes is atrocious
    The board are a bunch of scavengers
    The stadium is a white elephant with zero atmosphere, even with a crowd.
    In fact playing in an empty stadium with no atmosphere is not a new thing for the hammers.

That said I of course want to avoid relegation, and delighted with this huge 3 points, but part of me thinks if they were relegated, it would be almost deserved.
    Arah jaysus, I think the :P at the end should've been obvious I was messing about faith :rolleyes:. Nobody saw this coming.
    The solid display was relative to the embarrassing displays we've been witnessing, but nevertheless Chelsea's two goals were a penalty and free kick. So yeah, solid defensive play.

how often have we lost games that were there for the winning, so always good to win a game i was expecting to lose.

Being a hammers fan is like a masochists roller coaster, as soon as we get off, we get back on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Thrilled with the win, would have taken a point before the game all day long, but in the end would have been sick if VAR cost us another two points - first time in a while we put in a real shift, I'd take a point at Newcastle....

pjmn wrote: »
    Thrilled with the win, would have taken a point before the game all day long, but in the end would have been sick if VAR cost us another two points - first time in a while we put in a real shift, I'd take a point at Newcastle....

A point at Newcastle would be a huge point as you would expect at least 3 of the 4 teams below the hammers to suffer defeats this weekend

Villa away to liverpool
    watford away to chelsea
    bournemouth away to man utd

and norwich at home to brighton.

plus goal difference could swing a lot this weekend in the hammers favour

I think we are well capable of winning today and it could happen.

I would take a point though as it would be very valuable. Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich losing yesterday was very good. Hopefully Villa lose against Liverpool later and if we get at least a point it would be great for us.

leading at the moment......all 3 teams below us that played lost......all looking good presently

• Advertisement

leading at the moment......all 3 teams below us that played lost......all looking good presently

1-1 now. Both defences look poor. I think there will be a few more goals today

Scored too early by the looks of it

back in front again....

and sure enough blow it again within minutes....

back in front again....

nope. we dont have the most points lost from winning positions for nothing (22 points)

"West Ham's inability to hold on to a lead" is the default phrase for commentators when the Hammers play.
    Took a while for confidence to build in this game, so with Yarmolenko coming on it could be a repeat of the Chelsea game. Could easily go either way though.

hammers dominated the second half, and were it not for the lapse where they conceded that awful 2 goal to Newcastle, they would have had 3 points.

That said would have been happy with a draw before the game, but now feel it is 2 points dropped

Happy with a point. Could have got the win but both defences looked poor so we could easily have lost too.

Now hopefully Liverpool crush Villa now! The 4 point gap as it stands is massive for us

Rice and Soucek excellent. Bowen looks decent enough as well.

Would've taken a draw but christ we make it more difficult than it should be. Would give anything to have a peak James Collins or Winston Reid in that defence.
    Another three winnable games coming up so we're bound to get 0 from 9 from them.

• Advertisement

Happy with the point but there were 3 there for the taking Poor for their second goal, still last weekend I'd have gladly taken 4 pts from this week... need two more wins...

I really can't see us getting relegated now. Looks like the bottom 3 now are the ones that will go down going by what teams they have left to play. I can't wait for next season to start so I can begin to dream of a top 6 finish like I do at the start of every season!!

Yarmelenko on for Lanzini. Would've thought he'd replace Fornals.
    Haller on the bench.

I really can't see us getting relegated now. Looks like the bottom 3 now are the ones that will go down going by what teams they have left to play. I can't wait for next season to start so I can begin to dream of a top 6 finish like I do at the start of every season!!

its not that west ham are too good to stay up

but a case of those below being even worse

We should be 2 up at half time not 1 down.

Miss after miss after miss.....Then Cresswell doesn't attack the ball and we concede....

west hams record of having one of the worst home records in the entire history of the game...in this white elephant stadium continues

• Advertisement

Why did I become positive and optimistic? Typical West ham, as soon as I start to believe we'll be OK we mess things up again!!

I obviously want the hammers to stay up...but the reality is they deserve to go down.

Any club that hires moyes, not once but twice deserves it.
    Any board that sold their ground for profit to move to a white elephant with no atmosphere (pre corona) deserves to go down.

Well-drilled Burnley too tight in defense for the hammers, who tried hard to break them down with close-play football around the box.
    Haller sharp when he came on, and Bowen getting better by the game. The two of them should be up tried front together now (not Haller on his own; he needs a partner to play off/supply); Antonio looking tired.
    Cresswell poor, and cost us the match.
    Unfortunately, not out of the woods yet, which is embarrassing, considering the wage-bill.

Just home from work - didn't see it but above comments give me a flavour - basically same old West Ham.... :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Their keeper was the difference, another keeper and it could have been a draw or a win. It's not hard luck though and a loss is a loss.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Their keeper was the difference, another keeper and it could have been a draw or a win. It's not hard luck though and a loss is a loss.

Pope was brilliant.....very steady keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

We could do with a spurs goal here

Awful Spurs lucky to get away with a draw.

Was full sure they would beat Bournemouth. Now its back being nervous again.

That defeat against Burnley was really disastrous. A draw would have been okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Awful Spurs lucky to get away with a draw.

Was full sure they would beat Bournemouth. Now its back being nervous again.

That defeat against Burnley was really disastrous. A draw would have been okay

A win last night and we'd pretty much be safe now.

Wonder if it's every happened that a club has relegated 2 teams in the same season. We could relegate Norwich on Saturday and Villa on the last day.

Or we could lose to both, and win at Old Trafford - that would be the West Ham way, wouldn't it

no team "relegates another team.

Any team that goes down does so because of their performances against all the teams.

Thats a sheffield united victim mentality way of things, blame another club for their failings throughout the year.

no team "relegates another team.

Any team that goes down does so because of their performances against all the teams.

Thats a sheffield united victim mentality way of things, blame another club for their failings throughout the year.

Thanks Captain Obvious

3 nil up as I post this. The first game I have seen that West Ham have bossed this year but its more that Norwich are very poor.

Great to get a good win. We should be ok now although I won't fully relax until we are mathematically certain to stay up!!

Why hasn't Moyes replaced Antonio with Haller yet? Haller needs ball time, and Antonio needs resting.
    It's not as if Antonio has contributed anything, apart from 4 goals. :pac:

:D 3 more pts should do us....

the goal difference is also now another plus

• Advertisement

I'm now guaranteeing that we're safe lads, let's all breathe easy now. Bournemouth are far too rubbish to pick up enough points to catch us, we're gonna be fine!!

time for another hammers wallpaper I made

size 1920 x 1080

39e2b51349139897.jpg

I'm now guaranteeing that we're safe lads, let's all breathe easy now. Bournemouth are far too rubbish to pick up enough points to catch us, we're gonna be fine!!
    Uh oh. Bournemouth!
    Assuming a win by Man Utd , and 'can go any way' last game, the Watford game on Friday looks daunting: Bournemouth look like they might possibly be able to pull it out of the hat, and we have a tendency to locate banana skins blindfolded.

What the hell were Leicester playing at there?? That Bournemouth team is terrible and Leicester just fell apart!!

Leicester going for Champions league, and they fluff it with Bournemouth, leakier than a collander. Who'da thunk it? As Grevasie said- "it's a funny old game.
    If I was skittish about survival before this game, I'm now full on nervous.

Assuming an away loss to Man City, but a possible home win against Southampton...they'd then be on high, and a desperate Bournemouth could snatch a win away to Everton. 6 points. We need 2 points out of last 3 games to keep above them, so 2 draws, or a win. It's not beyond the Hammers to lose the last 3 games, given their inconsistency, especially in a scramble to stay up.

But a win on Friday and you'll hear me shouting from Galway. A draw or worse, and it relies on Bournemouth's opposition doing them favours, which teams have been of late. Not good.

Thought we were safe 24 hours ago.

Awful results today

Still feeling confident ?

Remaining games:
    West Ham|Watford|Bournemouth|Aston Villa
    Watford (H)|West Ham (A)|Man City (A)|Everton (A)
    Man Utd (A)|Man City (H)|Southampton (H)|Arsenal (H)
    Aston Villa (H)|Arsenal (A)|Everton (A)|West Ham (A)

On paper, we've the easiest run in but we're so inconsistent I wouldn't be surprised if we lost all three. Last thing I want is to go into the final day needing any sort of result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Playing last this week really doesn't help as the pressure may be ramped up by that stage but still let's look at the positives team played with a lot of confidence Saturday should carry that forward now a clean sheet was a big plus no matter who it was against watford arent great we pissed on them earlier this season and I definitely think we have improved more than them this year. 2 shots at safety I'd rather not leave it till the last day but a clean sheet friday depending on how results go will go a long way to securing safety

• Advertisement

Man City one up against Bournemouth....hopefully score a load of goals against them!!

Advertisement