Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Pump Question

Options
  • 26-05-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Reading a bit about heat pumps and confused about one thing.

Can I use the same air to water heat pump to heat underfloor heating and also to supply domestic hot water? Or will I need a second heat pump or an alternative supply for DHW?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ClareMigrant

Same unit

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CamronW0255

Hi,

I have a hitachi yutaki-s heat pump in my house and I've been having trouble with the Domestic Hot Water. The temperature of the water is scalding and the showers are either Hot or Cold there's no in-between. I've tried adjusting the temperature setting for the DHW, I tried reducing the cut in/out temperatures and I even tried replacing the mixing valve in the shower to no avail.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Are all your taps like that too?

Was it a thermostatic mixer or a manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CamronW0255

yes they are all manual mixers adjusted by handles. the only thermostats I can find in the house are for the underfloor heating and the radiators. Ive lowered the water temperature to as low as 38 degrees but its still too hot all over the house.

Advertisement