Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Pump Failure ? Help

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Ok Replaced the Sorel TDC 3 with a new Navitron MTDCv5, (same box)as I could not get a TDC 3 as its obsolete.

I set it option 25 at the moment solar with cooling ?? as that gives me S1 S2 S3 and a pic is similar

Has anyone done the change ? What Program Selection do you use?

TDC 3 option 2 - Sol & Thermostat currently set.
    MTDC option ? 10 Solar with Thermostat or (25 Solar with cooling ?)

Option 10 I dont get the R2?

Anyone done this change ?

I have a standard Grunfos Pump 3 speed is that a PWM or a 0-10v ? I presume a PWM

Any help appreciate

Oh and the pump works with R1 on Manual so the TDM was faulty. Pump Seems to work but were still Air locked so thats next as well as putting an internal air bleed in the attic (just waiting for parts for that air bleed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 asheda99

Hi @garyh3. I've just encountered the same issue you posted back in may 2020. Did you find a resolution?

My TDC3 is on its last legs, i replaced the capacitor but I don't trust it to not fail any day. so I bought the MTDC v5. hoping its a straight swap.

my TDC3 was set to option 2 - Sol & Thermostat

MTDC - Solar with thermostat did not pick up the second Relay. so I also chose Option 25 for now but it doesn't feel right to me.

I think maybe I need to dig down deeper into the setting to enable the R2?

FYI if anyone ever comes across this...

I just emailed sorel support for an answer:

First of all, it looks like Programme 10 is correct, and the connections should also be the same (see pictures below for comparison).

Then you need to go into the menu:

4.Settings > 4.19 Thermostat > 4.19.1 Th T set (set to 50 by default)

> 4.19.2 Th hysteresis (set to 10 by default)

> 4.19.3 Thermostat – select which sensor to use – I have it at „S3 storage top“

I’ve made a video of how I have it set up here in the simulation. but cannot share link here

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi asheda99

Sorry just seen your post - I purchased a Sorel MTDC unit - I think I used 25 Solar with Cooling 3 which picks up the 2nd Relay fine.(used for the 2nd pump to pump the heat away.

10 on MTDC is solar with Thermostat what solution do you have solar with 2 pumps ?

And then I dont have Setting 4 on mine

Hey Garyh3, thanks for the reply. I emailed the Sorel support but the information they gave me was not helpful :)

I still have the same issue using option 10 using the MTDC.

I do have 2 pumps, one for solar and one for when cylinder is too hot to pump to expansion tank (I think)

I'll give your suggestion a go: 25 Solar with Cooling 3 

I had to wait a few days to retry, I managed to blow the fuse on the MTDC :)

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement