Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Restaurant in Portlaoise

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Hi, Can any one recommend a romantic restaurant in Portlaoise for dinner on a mid week night?

From looking on line and checking a few other threads out I'm leaning towards Seasons but any other suggestions welcome.

Its always good to get some local knowledge!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'd recommend Seasons or Mayur. Emperor's House can also be nice for a quiet space but it's more a Sunday lunch sort of setting. There's a new wine bar nearby to both of those restaurants I mentioned that you could do also.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

the new wine bar has very limited food.... not great in anyways tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Has to be Seasons - there's nowhere else in the town even close.

Mayur is fantastic, brilliant Indian food, but a bit hustle and bustle to be described as romantic!

• Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Trabejo

Would you not take your partner outside of Portlaoise if you wanted a romantic evening? It would be a nice treat and there are some fantastic places in Dublin with competent chefs and more than affordable hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Trabejo wrote: »
    Would you not take your partner outside of Portlaoise if you wanted a romantic evening? It would be a nice treat and there are some fantastic places in Dublin with competent chefs and more than affordable hotels.

Yes because if you want anything you have to go to Dublin:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

The Ashling room in the Heritage in Killenard is very nice for a special night out. It has a lovely ambiance and the food is very high class if that's what you're looking for.

Advertisement