Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I really like Dorothy Perkins stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I’m finding Asda great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

All good in the anomaly scan. Everything appears healthy which is a relief. I'm still dumb struck at each scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Glad all was good. I find it mad how nervous I get just before each scan! Our anomaly one isn't till the new year but hoping my doc can do a quick one at my check up this week (they have a full one which is great).

Has anyone started buying buggies etc? We put a deposit (refundable) down on one in Mamas & Papas and wondering if anyone here who's on number 2 has had one before and any suggestions?

I had a scan yesterday at 17+3 but baby was all curled up in a ball and not showing anyone their gender! Anomaly scan is in January so hopefully they’re less camera shy for that one. M

I’ve been signed off work for two weeks - Hyperemesis is still going strong and I’m getting dizzy and light headed now too whenever I stand for any length of time. Really can’t afford to be off so hoping 20 weeks brings a reprieve!

• Advertisement

Oh angeldelight, hopefully it does ease up at the 20 weeks mark for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Destiny_wales

Hi guys. Thanks so much for all your advice on maternity clothes! Was so helpful! Have embraced the maternity tights now and going to borrow from my sister in law!
    I've started having nose bleeds ... according to our book it's normal about this time. Anyone else having them? X

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Destiny_wales

I had a scan yesterday at 17+3 but baby was all curled up in a ball and not showing anyone their gender! Anomaly scan is in January so hopefully they’re less camera shy for that one. M

I’ve been signed off work for two weeks - Hyperemesis is still going strong and I’m getting dizzy and light headed now too whenever I stand for any length of time. Really can’t afford to be off so hoping 20 weeks brings a reprieve!

Hi angeldelight...Any improvements in how your feeling? Hope you get some relief and get to enjoy Christmas a bit! X

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! Mad to think babas will be here next year...

In regards to baby stuff Witchgirl: I have had 4 buggies/strollers/travel systems. It all depends what you will use it for. I personally prefer pumped wheels and 3 wheels not 4. See how heavy it is, and how much boot space you will have with it (some are huge folded down and you might end up removing wheels etc which is a nightmare). Are you planning another one soon after? If so something that converts to a double is not a bad idea! My personal preference this time is likely to be an out and about nipper: but will mainly use slings because quite frankly buggies in my town with narrow doors is an absolute nightmare. Plus will leave 2 hands free for the other two!

I do however really want a baby hug 4 in 1. I mean really.

I got rid of all my baby stuff so have to buy everything again!

Merry Christmas to all! I know that is mad to think of! Was looking at pics from a couple of years ago where my niece was the same age baba will be at Christmas and it's mad to think I'll have one of them!

Thanks so much for that cyning!. And boo that you have to buy everything again. We've gone for the Uppababy Vista - seems to have rave reviews and got a good bundle offer with the car seat. It also can convert to a single width double buggy. Our friends are expecting their 2nd and are now getting one for both babas. Folds one handed which I like and is easy to deal with. Not the lightest for lifting in & out of the boot of the car but not too bad.

I'm looking at the sling wearing too if I'm going out and about a lot rather than solely relying on the buggy as well - any recommendations on those?!

• Advertisement

I’m not into wraps so I use a close caboo for newborn stage or a Neobulle ring sling. Think I need to look at an ssc (soft structured carrier) so maybe an ergo... then for when they get bigger I have a huckpacke. No idea whether any of those are still around mind you but that’s what I have!

The uppababy is lovely I know a few who had it and were super happy!

I’m not too worried tbh... 3rd baby syndrome! I’m borrowing a co sleeper, I’m going to get my babyhug, and get a new car seat and a new nappy bin which I swear by but others hate! Other than that everything will work out: I might try and figure out who i gave my moulded baby bath to aswell.

I do however have to buy a new car to fit 3 car seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

When I was due my second baby I got the Uppababy Vista. I love it. The big basket is brilliant when you're bringing stuff for baby and toddler.

I also love slings. I have a jpmbb for when they are small and then a manduca. I added a Soul toddler ssc for my now 3 years awhile back.

Third baby also so not too worried about getting stuff. We changed our car to a Ford Galaxy before the summer and I really love the space. Didn't think I like the transition to a Mammy wagon but I love it. Surprising considering we changed from a Subaru Legacy!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

First time dad here also, wife is due on May 15th. This has come after a very long journey-8 failed ivf attempts but on our last shot it worked! It is slowly becoming a reality!

Wow congratulations Mark what a journey you both have had.

Back pains are in full swing now for my wife. She has 2 pregnancy pillows, one huge one and one smaller one. She uses both depending on what's needed comfort wise. For the back pain it's massages and tigerbalm red all the way. Hard to beat it.
    We went into Mama's and Papa's at the weekend and ended up buying tommee tippee bottle maker and a steriliser. They are 40% and 65% off, so we couldn;t say no.

Has anyone that's not finding out the sex of the baby done the ring on a string trick?

mark_jmc wrote: »
    First time dad here also, wife is due on May 15th. This has come after a very long journey-8 failed ivf attempts but on our last shot it worked! It is slowly becoming a reality!

Massive massive congrats Mark!!!
    evil_seed wrote: »
    Back pains are in full swing now for my wife. She has 2 pregnancy pillows, one huge one and one smaller one. She uses both depending on what's needed comfort wise. For the back pain it's massages and tigerbalm red all the way. Hard to beat it.
    We went into Mama's and Papa's at the weekend and ended up buying tommee tippee bottle maker and a steriliser. They are 40% and 65% off, so we couldn;t say no.

Has anyone that's not finding out the sex of the baby done the ring on a string trick?

Oh hope she's getting some relief evil_seed. We got the tommee tippee set in Mothercare as, like you, the discount was too much to say no to.

We're not finding out but haven't done that. My mam is convinced it works but to be honest it said my sister's 2 were boys and she had 2 girls so not sure I trust it at all lol.

Wow Mark congratulations! You must be pinching yourselves :)

I’m so sad Christmas is over - husband was off for 12 days so I got loads of naps, lie ins and it was very restful. I still feel horrific so really dreading real life returning now

Massive congratulations Mark.

20 weeks tomorrow. 140 days left. I’m so so over it. I need physio now on top of everything. I’m still vomiting every single day. Would not wish hyperemesis on my worst enemy.

cyning wrote: »
    Massive congratulations Mark.

20 weeks tomorrow. 140 days left. I’m so so over it. I need physio now on top of everything. I’m still vomiting every single day. Would not wish hyperemesis on my worst enemy.

Oh I really empathise you poor thing. I’m also 20 weeks today but lucky enough that meds are controlling my Hyperemesis so only vomiting every few days. The Nausea and fatigue is killing me even with that. I’m very glad that for many reasons we had already decided we were stopping at two as the thoughts of another Hyperemesis Pregnancy I don’t think I could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fatchopsabbie

Hi all I'm 20 weeks and am sick with flu and am currently taking tamiflu.
    Having a rough time as my little girl has been in hospital twice.
    First had pneumonia then a seizure from flu.
    So I'm feeling fairly ****ty

• Advertisement

Hi all I'm 20 weeks and am sick with flu and am currently taking tamiflu.
    Having a rough time as my little girl has been in hospital twice.
    First had pneumonia then a seizure from flu.
    So I'm feeling fairly ****ty

Oh you poor thing... I was just reading in the news today about how the strain that’s circulating is affecting young people and pregnant women. I hope your daughter is on the mend and you recover quickly xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fatchopsabbie

Oh you poor thing... I was just reading in the news today about how the strain that’s circulating is affecting young people and pregnant women. I hope your daughter is on the mend and you recover quickly xx

Thanks angeldelight
    It's horrible being so sick and then caring for a sick toddler. All me and partner do recently is argue.
    So this pregnancy is just stress and sickness non stop

How is everyone doing?

Just back from the Aldi baby event - flippin hell that was a bit mental. But also lovely as everyone was helping everyone else find things and get them if people couldn't reach etc. :) Got everything that had been on my list bar one thing which they didn't get a delivery of so feel a bit sorted now.

Lidl are doing their baby event next Monday and Boots have theirs starting next Wednesday too just in case people hadn't heard.

Thanks for the heads up. I think Dunnes have one starting too.

20 week scan tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait cause i am always more relaxed with the pregnacy when this is done.

How is everyone doing?

Just back from the Aldi baby event - flippin hell that was a bit mental. But also lovely as everyone was helping everyone else find things and get them if people couldn't reach etc. :) Got everything that had been on my list bar one thing which they didn't get a delivery of so feel a bit sorted now.

Lidl are doing their baby event next Monday and Boots have theirs starting next Wednesday too just in case people hadn't heard.

When I was told about the Aldi event I was raging as we'd both not get there to get what we wanted. My mum text me this morning and she went a bit mad getting things, but we wanted 90% of what she got. Fair play to Irish mammies!

evil_seed - ah that was good of her. There were a lot of grannies there today when I was in there. Some there as help (for some of the heavily pregnant women) and some obviously stocking up for the new arrival!

Nead21 - hope the scan goes well tomorrow. I couldn't get over ours last week. I keep looking at the pictures.

Also just found out that 2 of my friends are also pregnant and due at the same time as me. Happy days! Company for maternity leave!

I have my scan next week: I’m getting appointment-ed out of it: I was in this week, next week, gp week after, 1 week break, blood test week after, hosp week after that, then 1 week break, GTT, then will be into every 2 weeks hosp/gp alternating plus medical antenatal clinic every 6 weeks minimum and bloods every 4 weeks and I need physio: it seems a bit daunting!

I keep looking at pretty bits but am a bit superstitious so no buying yet. TK maxx sell lovely pretty bits by the way: esp the adorable little socks that look like shoes! I love some pretty things... I have a hankering after some maxamorra bits too. Love bright colors!

We had our anomaly scan today - have to go back in two weeks as I’m only 20+6 and she wants a closer look at the heart when baby is a bit bigger but she had no concerns. It’s a big relief to have it done! Back to my own consultant on Monday then repeat scan this day two weeks.

I need to start taking down what we have from last time and make a list of what we actually need! Haven’t bought anything apart from a changing bag

I need everything. New to me car first though! And definitely a list.

And I must get a TENS machine.

• Advertisement

Anomaly scan went great. Measuring 14oz with long legs! Delighted to have it over with. Back with consultant now next month.

Need to sort out the spare room now for the baby. My boys share a room so the spare room has been a kinda dumping room since we moved in 3 years ago. Feels like a mammoth task!

Advertisement