Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 27 inch curved full hd monitor £124.99 @ Amazon

Options
  • 03-09-2018 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071RCKBK5?tag=22

Morning,

This was from Hotdeals a while ago but the price has gone down again.

This is good for a 27" monitor if you only want 1080p.60hz 5ms. Which is good enough for most gamers. Has free delivery as well.

Dan.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Something funny going on, when I put it in the basket I get:

Items: GBP 128.12
    Postage & Packing: GBP 6.00
    Total: GBP 134.12
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 6.00
    Order Total: GBP 128.12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Something funny going on, when I put it in the basket I get:

Items: GBP 128.12
    Postage & Packing: GBP 6.00
    Order Total: GBP 134.12

Different VAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Good deal. Seems ridiculous that the speakers add another £114

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Great screens. I have the 24" version for a few years.
    This is definitely a bargain.
    Coming in at €120.46 for me due to vat registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Great screens. I have the 24" version for a few years.
    This is definitely a bargain.
    Coming in at €120.46 for me due to vat registration.

I hope you'll be using this wholly and exclusively for business purposes :pac:

• Advertisement

I hope you'll be using this wholly and exclusively for business purposes :pac:

:D Of course....but any personal stuff I buy on Amazon I pay with a personal card. Amazon doesn't care about the payment method as long as the VAT number is valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

If you were using this, say, to play video, presumably you'd be able to use the audio out to connect to a speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

p15574 wrote: »
    If you were using this, say, to play video, presumably you'd be able to use the audio out to connect to a speaker?

You would just connect your speakers or headset to the PC as normal.

If it was for PS4 / XBOX then i'm not sure as I use headphones when I play at my PC monitor.

Flashdan wrote: »
    You would just connect your speakers or headset to the PC as normal.

If it was for PS4 / XBOX then i'm not sure as I use headphones when I play at my PC monitor.

No, I was thinking more of a Chromecast or Raspberry Pi. I think it'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Missed it :(

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »

Out of stock but you can still order at this price and wait.

With a 2 month delivery and reviews on HotUKDeals saying text is blurry on it, I think I'll pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Have one on order, arriving 7th-14th september. Just read the Hukd reviews. Think Ill let it come, if it is not up to it ill send it back....

edit. Read more reviews - cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

I read the HDUK reviews and they said it was bad

The rest say it is good, For what I said it was good for.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/05/02/samsung-cf591-curved-freesync-monitor-review

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/samsung-offers-samsung-c27h580-fullhd-and-freesync.html

Amazon have 4 stars on 125 reviews.

Don't worry about the moaning English a$$holes on HDUK (I know how they can be as I am one) you could put up a Lambo on HDUK for 10 Pounds and they would moan about the fact it has Bridgestone tyres and not Pirelli's

Dan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

p15574 wrote: »
    With a 2 month delivery and reviews on HotUKDeals saying text is blurry on it, I think I'll pass

Blurry text can be down to user setting, monitor I'm using now had brutal text out of the box until I changed the settings and crystal clear now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I was looking to get it for graphic design. I realise it would not be up to the task of professional standards but currently using a laptop screen. I cancelled but now thinking of ordering again....
    Would it be suitable as essentially a large desktop monitor or is it more geared for gaming?

I was looking to get it for graphic design. I realise it would not be up to the task of professional standards but currently using a laptop screen. I cancelled but now thinking of ordering again....
    Would it be suitable as essentially a large desktop monitor or is it more geared for gaming?

What you mean " it would not be up to the task of professional standards"?

I have one ordered and will be using it as a work monitor

Synode wrote: »
    What you mean " it would not be up to the task of professional standards"?

I have one ordered and will be using it as a work monitor

The specs..... Did you order?

The specs..... Did you order?

I did. What's up with the specs?

Nothing, they're grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

What's with the long term delivery times? Showing up as 30-60 days.
    Although Amazon has already debited my card, which they normally only do at shipping time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sunny2004 wrote: »

Still available, and now with delivery on Friday. So they either got a delivery early or a lot of people have cancelled...…. :pac:

460448.JPG

Davy wrote: »
    Still available, and now with delivery on Friday. So they either got a delivery early or a lot of people have cancelled...…. :pac:

460448.JPG

Mine shipped with delivery day of Friday, but has somehow been pushed to Monday after it shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pity it can't be mounted on vesa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I had to get on to support to get my delivery date amended from October to September. Estimated delivery date is now between next Tuesday and 13th of November...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

d31b0y wrote: »
    I had to get on to support to get my delivery date amended from October to September. Estimated delivery date is now between next Tuesday and 13th of November...

My estimated delivery is 14th of September but checking tracking it arrived in Dublin parcel facility last night so I guess it'll take another 8 days to deliver even though its in Ireland? Guess something to do with size of the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

I ordered at start of week and estimated delivery was changed from Sept 17 to tomorrow. I'd say if it's in Dublin office you'll get it soon too, either tomorrow or Monday I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

SSeanSS wrote: »
    I ordered at start of week and estimated delivery was changed from Sept 17 to tomorrow. I'd say if it's in Dublin office you'll get it soon too, either tomorrow or Monday I'd imagine.

Yep arrived this morning amazon on the ball will test it out!

scottigael wrote: »

What was your actual dispatch day? I think I ordered on Monday, with dispatch yesterday.

I'm mainly going to use it for Xbox and an external monitor for my laptop, so hoping it's fine for that. Should be an improvement on my cheap 24" monitor anyway.

• Advertisement

scottigael wrote: »

Will you be using it as a monitor? If so, do let us know if there's a blurriness issue and at what resolution you're using it, please.

Advertisement