Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astro turf kickabout in ennis?

Options
  • 06-09-2012 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hello folks.
    Wondering is there any kickabouts going on in ennis or Clare in general. I've had enough of the Clare junior league but want to keep playing soccer all the same. Not looking for anything serious. Sound :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 smiley1237

Forgot to mention I don't play to any great standard and I'm in nuig Tuesdays and thursday nights so can't make those evenings. Thanks again :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You might be better off asking in the Clare forum rather than here :)

If you don't know people with regular games you'd be better off heading up to the normal spots (Leisure World, Rugby Club, Lees Road) at whatever time you want a game and ask for a game, bring a fiver or so with you to cover the costs, after a week or 2 of doing this you'll be asked if you can make it every week.

Thanks clareman. Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I use boards through the phone these days because the laptop is screwed. Could you move this thread for me please? Thanks again!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No bother, I'm a Sports Addict so check all the sports forums anyway :)

Mods can only mod their own forums, we can't take threads from other forums, but we can move to other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hi

We play soccer on Wednesday nights between 9 and 10. You're welcome to come along if you like. We just play for the sake of it, we don't enter competitions or anything so it's not serious.

We play at the leisure centre.
    If you want to send me a PM with your phone number, I can add you to our teamer list and you could get a text every week and opt in or out depending on your availability.

• Advertisement

That will do just grand Akrasia. I'll pm you when I get near a laptop in the next couple of days. Using the android at the moment as my laptop is screwed and boards doesn't work as well on the phone, but yeah that's great. Thanks again man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

No problem. Hope to see ya wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3 missybo

<Mod snip>

Missybo, normally I would have just deleted your post as a clear shill/advertising attempt, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and leaving a bump in place and allow you the opportunity to contact boards.ie for advertising (hello@boards.ie) the local mods for approval (myself or MrsD007) or the regional mods (myself, Insect Overlord or The Drifter).

I would also question how a GAA Club could so clearly publicise their grounds as being used for non-Association or approved events.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dara2009

Hi, looking for a casual evening game in the Ennis area, moving there next week. Or if anyone knows of another board to try let me know sure. I’m mid 30s and okay standard...

• Advertisement
Advertisement