Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In defence of Weathercheck

Options
  • 21-01-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Weathercheck seems to get into trouble for posting stuff in the wrong thread from time to time. In his defence I think it is very difficult to know where to post certain things. Certainly when I come to look for particular posts or topics I am never sure which thread to look in and the fact that threads seem to change name frequently doesn’t help.
    Weathercheck is told

“Weathercheck I warned you several times to keep forecasting in the winter weather forecast thread until an event becomes imminent.”

But I cannot see any winter weather forecast thread at the moment, there is a storm thread but this is not the same thing. I am not sure what the answer is but this weather forum would be a much duller place without weathercheck so please don’t ban him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Thanks for that Strasser and i agree totally ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Strasser wrote:
    Weathercheck seems to get into trouble for posting stuff in the wrong thread from time to time. In his defence I think it is very difficult to know where to post certain things. Certainly when I come to look for particular posts or topics I am never sure which thread to look in and the fact that threads seem to change name frequently doesn’t help.
    Weathercheck is told

“Weathercheck I warned you several times to keep forecasting in the winter weather forecast thread until an event becomes imminent.”

But I cannot see any winter weather forecast thread at the moment, there is a storm thread but this is not the same thing. I am not sure what the answer is but this weather forum would be a much duller place without weathercheck so please don’t ban him.

here, here :)

Rules are rules,the charter is there to keep the place tidy.
    Weathercheck is well aware that the winter forecast thread is the winter storm thread and is threading now on very thin ice because of his repeated ignoring of the charter.
    To date,I have taken a lenient apprach to this and informed weathercheck each time by pm that he is to obey the rules of this place.
    The mods here aren't censoring his discusssion, we are just trying to keep it all in one area.
    This board is not centre for creating weather forecasts,its a centre for discussing them.
    There is one thread for that and its stickified, I fail to see how regular visitors could be confused by that.
    This thread is closed and as this is a weather discussion board, any further threads not related to weather will be binned on sight and the thread starters banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think the rules as have been laid down are both necessary and easy to follow.

Stacks and stacks of new threads every five minutes every time there is a minute change in an event simply isn't acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Agreed with the mods a million times over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement