Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining Land Registry Map for Engineering survey?

Options
  • 10-08-2020 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Buying my first house on my own, and have gone sale agreed now. I've been in contact with a surveyor I was recommended and am happy to have him do a survey of the property.

In the outline of what he will look at for me, he has said:
    Externally check the boundaries against the Land Registry map (provided it is in my possession on the day of the survey.)

Can anyone enlighten me as to where I might get this, or if I have to? Perhaps the sellers have these, but I don't know at this time. I have found the property on the land registry website, and they have the choice of:
    1. View Folio - €5.00
    2. Certified Folio with Map - €40.00

If I do have to get this organised myself, I assume the basic folio for €5 will not be the detail required, and it will be €40 for the map? No problem paying what has to be paid, but don't need unnecessary spending and delays either at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The solicitors may have a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Victor wrote: »
    The solicitors may have a copy.

As in the sellers solicitor? One thing I have going for me is the property is in Offaly, so I have two weeks to get this all sorted before the survey can be done anyway!

I'm currently waiting for the sellers solicitors to send whatever they need to send on to my solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

I'm in the same situation - I was told by my solicitor that they would forward the map on to me once they receive it from the seller's solicitor.

Although, would it speed up the proceedings if I went ahead and got it myself from the website above and got an engineer to go out? I haven't even been in contact with any engineer/surveyor yet, was waiting until I got the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

whatever99 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation - I was told by my solicitor that they would forward the map on to me once they receive it from the seller's solicitor.

Although, would it speed up the proceedings if I went ahead and got it myself from the website above and got an engineer to go out? I haven't even been in contact with any engineer/surveyor yet, was waiting until I got the map.

I sent a mail on to the estate agent this morning and she's fairly sure the sellers have the map as she thinks she saw it when they were going over plans of the house prior to listing it for sale. If not though, then I'm back to trying to work out where to get a copy from.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Sellers incur the cost of the map and it arrives with contracts.

Your engineer can take the measurements on site and compare it to the map afterwards. Your solicitor will send your engineer the map as they may have questions themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement