Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting charges, advice needed.

Options
  • 10-08-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

My house is coming free at the end of the month. Letting agent is going through the process of getting new tenants etc. What is a typical percentage of the 1st months rent to charge in this situation? I live abroad hence the need for a letting agent.

Thanks, JBJ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Normally c.8% a month or a months rent if they're just finding and placing the tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Normally c.8% a month or a months rent if they're just finding and placing the tenant.

So an initial fee plus a percentage of the rent would be a little high I take it. I chose this agent as they are a one man band and were more personable than the typical estate agency. Ongoing rent collection and management is included.

So an initial fee plus a percentage of the rent would be a little high I take it. I chose this agent as they are a one man band and were more personable than the typical estate agency.

TBH it's been years since I was looking at agents. With the way things are maybe they've started charging more. Apologies I shouldn't have used the word normally in my original post.

Thanks, Samuel. My solicitor has multiple properties with this agent and highly recommended them which was worth a lot to me. At the same time, don't want to be overpaying either.

Thanks, Samuel. My solicitor has multiple properties with this agent and highly recommended them which was worth a lot to me. At the same time, don't want to be overpaying either.

If they're less likely to stick you with a non-paying tenant they might just be worth their weight in gold!

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with a more up to date experience.

• Advertisement

If they're less likely to stick you with a non-paying tenant they might just be worth their weight in gold!

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with a more up to date experience.

Exactly my thinking. Years of vetting under the belt.

Advertisement