Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIME TO CLOSE WEATHER BOARDS

Options
  • 19-01-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I think its time to close this weather board. The talk of cold weather for the past week or two has turned out to be a massive flop. I think the old reliable of MET Eireann is the best way to get our weather Forecast. At least its got a better success rate than here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Rather than this perhaps leave us to chat about the weather?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dinkleman, I think you've missed point of what goes on here. Aside from MTs forecast thread, the rest essentially is just discussion about what might happen.

If you are upset - turn off your computer! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Dinkleman wrote: »
    I think its time to close this weather board. The talk of cold weather for the past week or two has turned out to be a massive flop. I think the old reliable of MET Eireann is the best way to get our weather Forecast. At least its got a better success rate than here.

ah no keep it open i say, i find it great reading the reactions in particular, about the posts looking at the charts 2-3 weeks in advance that shows the greenland express -10 temps with snow and everybody gets excited :D, then after 10 days it starts to look a bit dodgy, maybe -5 at best with sleet and everybody gets slightly nervous :eek: and then as we get to 5 days its +10 with rain and everybody is deflated :(, and so it moves onto the next months chart and it starts all over again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I reckon the OP is an advertiser on MET who needs more click revenue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Why bother OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I dont contribute an awful lot to the weather forum but i have to admit its one of the first sections i read when i go on Boards, find it very interesting:)

Have to say its a very good forum and i like most people on here enjoy in what could be the the potential of cold weather and finding out what the charts etc mean

M.t and others put a lot of time, effort and knowledge in to the weather forum and to be honest they dont deserve threads like this one put up

In otherwards if you dont like what your reading maybe you should go to the After Hours section and stop yor crap in this one

Dont let the door hit you now matey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Don't feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

I just can't understand the thinking behind this thread. Maybe you should just close ur account?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Laughable, I like many others, dont post here but check this section of Boards often, as its very informative and gives alot more detail about potential weather patterns and systems that we may encounter due to the input of many members here.

Keep up the good work lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Why bother OP

To get replies :D So I'll add to it

Sure Dinkleman where would you have posted this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

kwik wrote: »
    I just can't understand the thinking behind this thread. Maybe you should just close ur account?

Have a look at the other 15 posts and it becomes obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Joe Public wrote: »
    kwik wrote: »

Have a look at the other 15 posts and it becomes obvious.
    Aha. It all makes sense now. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

No feed = Starvation & death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

plenty weather out there today wind rain hail sun what more do you want ?

maybe this thread should be locked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dinkleman wrote: »

This is an example of why many of the the excellent contributors have lost interest in posting here any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

rhonin wrote: »
    This is an example of why many of the the excellent contributors have lost interest in posting here any more.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Guys, don't want to look like I am backseat modding but could we lock this one ? It really isn't contribution anything to Boards or to humanity ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

rhonin wrote: »

When we get some weather to talk about i'm sure those contributors will return... Anyway enough of this crap mods

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

And we're done here

OP - I can't work out whether you are trolling or being honest? Either way, banned until the local forum Mods get a chance to decide what to do about re-activating your access to the forum

Cheers

DrG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement