Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting in Wicklow

Options
  • 04-09-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

This is a shout out to everyone who commutes from Wicklow to Dublin.
    Your a hardcore bunch for putting up with the crap we call public transport for so long!

There are a few points about commuting from Wicklow I'm wondering what the world thinks.

Frequency
    In a rapidly growing population why is 1 bus servicing the county every 2 hours considered adequate? Bus services are far more regular to kildare/Meath, Why should wicklow be the poor relation in this regard??

cost/speed
    If like me your from wicklow town you may wonder "why does such a small town need 6 stops? I find it such a pain that a bus that is schedualed to leatve at 9am may end up leaving the town 20-25 mins later because it has to crawl through the housing estates servicing stops that arent needed?
    1 town should be 1 stop

Choice
    About a year ago, by complete accident I noticed that there was a wicklow to Sandyford route. Finaly I thought, no more walking to the industrial estate from the N11! I looked for information localy on the times/route etc, But could I find it? You bet your ass I couldnt. Not once did bus eireann try to advertise this service & what do you know.... it got pulled.
    And why?? of course!, lack of customers!

There is no point complaining about it
    The only solution is to join the car driving masses.
    So is there anyone out there who operates a car pool I could join??

Advertisement