Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ford 3000 hydraulics

Options
  • 10-06-2021 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Hi. Decided to attempt to bring this lil beauty back to life. Fingers crossed..
    Any advise on this appreciated.
    The 3 point isn't moving at all, when last running this was very slow to react, sometimes would lift and then stay up..
    The tipper is working so the pump is working.
    From googling people suggest the flow control valve and the pressure relief valve.
    Is there any way to tell if these are functioning? Hope to open it up over the weekend and see what I see. The draft control lever has snapped off so not sure what position this is in? Or how that would affect the operation..
    Any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Hi. Decided to attempt to bring this lil beauty back to life. Fingers crossed..
    Any advise on this appreciated.
    The 3 point isn't moving at all, when last running this was very slow to react, sometimes would lift and then stay up..
    The tipper is working so the pump is working.
    From googling people suggest the flow control valve and the pressure relief valve.
    Is there any way to tell if these are functioning? Hope to open it up over the weekend and see what I see. The draft control lever has snapped off so not sure what position this is in? Or how that would affect the operation..
    Any advice please?

We had a 2000 many years ago. I remember we had lift issues and it turned out to be a clogged filter. Once replaced I think it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Theheff wrote: »
    We had a 2000 many years ago. I remember we had lift issues and it turned out to be a clogged filter. Once replaced I think it was ok.

Ya some folks suggest a clean out and replace the filters inside.
    I opened the level check nut and a good bit of grey oil came out so assume water in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Ya some folks suggest a clean out and replace the filters inside.
    I opened the level check nut and a good bit of grey oil came out so assume water in there too.

First port of call I would suggest oil and filter. Many years they id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Got the top cover off. Found the lift cylinder with a good chunk out of it and the bar to push it bent at 90 degrees.
    I've no idea no how happened.
    Ringing around trying to find replacement cylinder but rare and expensive.
    Place in cork selling a lift cover including the cylinder. Anyone know of they are same as the 3000?

Advertisement