Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puttig old lenses in ew frames

Options
  • 06-06-2021 12:47am

should be

Putting old lenses in new frames

My friend has two pairs of specsaver glasses with perfect lens and prescription but each pair has a broken wing. The frames are no longer available. Did anyone ever try buying frames the same size and fitting the lenses. She hates waste and asked me to find if this is possible

i wondered would it be pssible to fit them in frames from the OTC readers if one the same size could be found

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

SoulWriter wrote: »
    should be

My friend has two pairs of specsaver glasses with perfect lens and prescription but each pair has a broken wing. The frames are no longer available. Did anyone ever try buying frames the same size and fitting the lenses. She hates waste and asked me to find if this is possible

i wondered would it be pssible to fit them in frames from the OTC readers if one the same size could be found

You can swap over to exact same frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

SoulWriter wrote: »
    should be

https://www.glasses2you.co.uk/

get recommended a lot - if you have the prescription of the lens they can do the lens cheap too.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    https://www.glasses2you.co.uk/

get recommended a lot - if you have the prescription of the lens they can do the lens cheap too.

Did they bought frames of aliexpress for a $5
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210622163008&SearchText=glasses+frames

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

markmoto wrote: »
    You can swap over to exact same frame.

The way I read the post, it seems the frames are discontinued - meaning you can no longer buy them.

OP, the lenses are not going to fit into any other frames, they are cut for that specific frame.

Buying new glasses when old ones break isn't 'waste'. It's replacing something that has reached the end of its life. They charge the same for frames with lenses at Specsavers anyway unless theyre varifocals it doesn't save any money (and I find those people who 'hate waste' are usually just tight lol(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Whats wrong with half a roll of sellotape to fix them? Worked for Jack Duckworth.

• Advertisement

Whats wrong with half a roll of sellotape to fix them? Worked for Jack Duckworth.

or we can print broken pieces on 3d ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

markmoto wrote: »

It's all they cost to make - no idea why someone would pay well over a hundred in specsavers for the frames.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement