Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two traffic light questions

• 30-05-2021 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I have two traffic light questions please:

1) On a junction with a right filter light, is the difference between a green filter arrow and a full green circle is that the green filter will correspond to a right light for upcoming traffic but the green circle means oncoming traffic also has a green light and thus right of way. So basically, does a green filter arrow always correspond to a red light for oncoming traffic?

2) If you look at the lights below, I've seen the green ahead arrow, the green right arrow, and the red light all on at the same time. Traffic can only go straight or right, so if both filters are green, I don't understand why the red is still on?

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3498904,-6.2267089,3a,23.9y,218.56h,93.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGmXUxzCmGCIemruAYiWQ2w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en-GB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have two traffic light questions please:

1) On a junction with a right filter light, is the difference between a green filter arrow and a full green circle is that the green filter will correspond to a right light for upcoming traffic but the green circle means oncoming traffic also has a green light and thus right of way. So basically, does a green filter arrow always correspond to a red light for oncoming traffic?

that is pretty much it. If you have a green filter arrow you have right of way over oncoming traffic.
    2) If you look at the lights below, I've seen the green ahead arrow, the green right arrow, and the red light all on at the same time. Traffic can only go straight or right, so if both filters are green, I don't understand why the red is still on?

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3498904,-6.2267089,3a,23.9y,218.56h,93.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGmXUxzCmGCIemruAYiWQ2w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en-GB

are you saying that the red and green light in either the yellow or white boxes in the image below were lit at the same time?

Screenshot-2021-05-31-134621-LI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

that is pretty much it. If you have a green filter arrow you have right of way over oncoming traffic.

are you saying that the red and green light in either the yellow or white boxes in the image below were lit at the same time?

Screenshot-2021-05-31-134621-LI.jpg

Thanks for your reply. It basically looked like my mockup below:

lights.jpg

The only thing is that I can't remember if the red light was on in the left or right column. There was only one red light. I might be walking by that area again tomorrow evening so I'll see if I can get an actual picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Thanks for your reply. It basically looked like my mockup below:

lights.jpg

The only thing is that I can't remember if the red light was on in the left or right column. There was only one red light. I might be walking by that area again tomorrow evening so I'll see if I can get an actual picture.

Faulty light if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Might you have been looking at it at an angle and seen the red on the pedestrian light and then the two green filters?
    Otherwise yeah sounds like faulty light,

Advertisement