Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beasty banned me and deleted certain post.

Options
  • 14-05-2020 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭

So in the SF thread Beasty banned me.

Think it was because I had a warning not to post in that thread again.

But it's the post Beasty deleted that is bothering me.

It was a link to SFs online propaganda machine.

I had left a post a few mins before leaving this link, yet that post is still up and the one showing the link was deleted and cited as the reason for my ban.

Why was this post deleted and not the other one before it?

And why did this post lead to my ban and not the one I wrote a few mins ago?

The activity in that thread and between 3-4 posters needs to be looked at.

They can say what they want but report anyone who doesn't agree and that leads to them being banned.

I question the integrity of the mods on that forum and their political beliefs.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Have you PM'd Beasty to ask him? I see this happened after 11.30pm last night so if you have PM'd him, pleae give him a realistic amount of time to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Have you PM'd Beasty to ask him? I see this happened after 11.30pm last night so if you have PM'd him, pleae give him a realistic amount of time to respond

OK thanks Niamh.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You were banned from the Is it just me or have SF vanished? thread over two weeks ago, by me as it happens.

The reason Beasty noted for deleting your post was "Ignored Mod Instruction", i.e the fact that you were threadbanned. Looking at the post in question, it was troll-y enough to result in a reported post, which is likely the reason your threadban came to Beasty's attention, rather than some conspiracy to foist his political beliefs on the proletariat.

If it makes you feel better though, I can delete your other posts in that thread that you shouldn't have posted seeing as you were threadbanned.

mike_ie wrote: »
    You were banned from the Is it just me or have SF vanished? thread over two weeks ago, by me as it happens.

The reason Beasty noted for deleting your post was "Ignored Mod Instruction", i.e the fact that you were threadbanned. Looking at the post in question, it was troll-y enough to result in a reported post, which is likely the reason your threadban came to Beasty's attention, rather than some conspiracy to foist his political beliefs on the proletariat.

If it makes you feel better though, I can delete your other posts in that thread that you shouldn't have posted seeing as you were threadbanned.

Why was I banned for that post and not the previous posts if I was thread banned?

The posts before that should have lead to a ban.

Not the cherry picked post which was conveniently deleted.

You either get banned for posting when you're not meant to or you don't.

One post shouldn't be different to another when it comes to breaking the rules.

And by the way 4 posters on that thread and the FG thread accuse me and others everyday of been FG paid shills.

Do they get warned or banned

Not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I did not have to choose any particular post to ban you as it was the fact you were posting in the thread that triggered the forum ban

As has already been pointed out though the post was trolling. Not only that but you chose to discuss other users rather than the underlying topic. That post warranted action in itself, and indeed I could have carded you for that as well as banning you for breaching the threadban

Also as already mentioned by Mike, your posting came to attention via reported posts, and it was always going to be irrelevant which post I "chose" to issue the ban on

On your point of being accused of being a paid FG shill, I've just read through every post you have reported on this site and none of them refer to you as a "paid FG shill". Some may mention perceived connections, but I reckon a significant number of posters in that particular forum have some political affiliation

Beasty wrote: »
    I did not have to choose any particular post to ban you as it was the fact you were posting in the thread that triggered the forum ban

As has already been pointed out though the post was trolling. Not only that but you chose to discuss other users rather than the underlying topic. That post warranted action in itself, and indeed I could have carded you for that as well as banning you for breaching the threadban

Also as already mentioned by Mike, your posting came to attention via reported posts, and it was always going to be irrelevant which post I "chose" to issue the ban on

On your point of being accused of being a paid FG shill, I've just read through every post you have reported on this site and none of them refer to you as a "paid FG shill". Some may mention perceived connections, but I reckon a significant number of posters in that particular forum have some political affiliation

Well then start treating us all the same and issue cards and warnings to the SF posters doing exactly what I get cards and warnings for.

Fair is fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement