Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking club week 1 : Black Pudding topped with Stewed Apple wrapped in Pastry

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Hi Little Alex,

When are we all invited over for dinner? Your cooking always looks amazing!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How did you get your parcels so smooth? I've made this a couple of times now, but I've never taken a picture because my pastry is such a (tasty) mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I'd imagine he trimmed the pastry and draped it over the top and sealed along the bottom. Makes for better presentation but I love pastry so no trimming for me :P

Oh and I tried these as well last night and they were very nice. I'm not even a fan of black pudding and I enjoyed it. The clonakilty added a very nice clove taste which worked really well with the apples. Even my sister loved this and she's very iffy about black pudding. Will deffinitely make it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Hi Little Alex,

When are we all invited over for dinner? Your cooking always looks amazing!

:pac:
    Faith wrote: »
    How did you get your parcels so smooth? I've made this a couple of times now, but I've never taken a picture because my pastry is such a (tasty) mess!
    GStormcrow wrote: »
    I'd imagine he trimmed the pastry and draped it over the top and sealed along the bottom. Makes for better presentation but I love pastry so no trimming for me :P

Exactly! Saw it on Saturday Kitchen. Put pudding on a disc on pastry, seal with egg and then drape another disc over it and cut to shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Glad everyone is enjoying it, i haven't had it in a while so might have it this evening !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StewartJ

Had this today really like it thanks elvis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Great recipe, I went to make it again one night and found I was out of apples, i used a chutney (tesco finest i think) which tasted great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Finally got round to making this. It went down a treat. Have to work on my parcel making skills though! This will definitely be made again. Thanks Elvis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Roald Dahl

We had this tonight, using the Furnace Green brand of veggie black pudding from the Aldi 'Grow' range.

Very nice! Thank you for the recipe.

CC-2011-01-Black-Pudding-in-Pastry.jpg

Advertisement