Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capital Gains Tax and From 11

• 03-03-2021 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

I have to fill in form 11.

I sold some shares last September from 2 different companies.
    I made a profit of €720 on one of them.
    And I made a loss of €65 on the other one.

I can see the CGT section of form 11 online.
    Can anyone tell me which boxes do I fill and with what for these shares?

There are so many boxes to fill in on that form im very confused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

If you get to the CGT page of the Form 11 and click the help section button it should give you a good idea of where to put the various figures.

Worth noting, there is a personal exemnption of 1270 per year on CGT. As your profit is under this you shouldnt have any tax to pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Thanks squall.
    I just find revenue speak a different language to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Can this return be done online or does it have to be done in hard copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Can this return be done online or does it have to be done in hard copy?

Mine is always online

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

When does Form 11 come available for 2020? I made a very small profit on some shares (less than €100) but I understand that I need to delare it on form 11. It looks like it is only out for 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    When does Form 11 come available for 2020? I made a very small profit on some shares (less than €100) but I understand that I need to delare it on form 11. It looks like it is only out for 2019

You only use the CGT part of a form 11 if you are already registered for income tax and file form 11s anyway. If you are PAYE only then you just file a pdf CG1 form. Download it, complete it and submit it via MyEnquiries.

Advertisement