Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered parcel to US, no tracking update in 5 days

Options
  • 07-10-2020 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Sent a registered parcel to Boston on 30 September, last tracking was 'left Dublin office, Dublin 12 5.09 am 2nd oct'
    Same update on usps site.
    An post not much help, anyone else seeing the same?
    I'm beginning to think it's lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

It's only 5 days. There can be 7 days or so tracking gap from Ireland to Germany for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

With a skeleton flight service worldwide, you simply have to expect delays unless you send by a premium service like UPS or DHL who have their own fleet of cargo aircraft.

And an post only restarted a parcel service to the states last week. Up to then it was small packets and letters.

So if it was bigger than a shoe box, it could take 2 weeks at present

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Registered Delivery only guarantees delivery, but not a speedy delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Spocker wrote: »
    Registered Delivery only guarantees delivery, but not a speedy delivery

Its the first time I have sent a parcel to the states that the tracking hasn't been updated in 7 days.
    Have sent 5+ parcels in the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Trump is dismantling the USPS. Their backlogs are reportedly huuuuuge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Bojill wrote: »
    Sent a registered parcel to Boston on 30 September, last tracking was 'left Dublin office, Dublin 12 5.09 am 2nd oct'
    Same update on usps site.
    An post not much help, anyone else seeing the same?
    I'm beginning to think it's lost.

Did your parcel ever get there? I sent a parcel on the 2nd december and can see it left Heathrow on the 4th, but no update since. If yours did get there how long did it take in the end? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

weetiepie wrote: »
    Did your parcel ever get there? I sent a parcel on the 2nd december and can see it left Heathrow on the 4th, but no update since. If yours did get there how long did it take in the end? Thanks

Have you checked the tracking on the us site also, I sent something about 6 weeks ago and it didn’t update for about a week from when it left the Dublin centre, seemed to just be sitting there. From there I tracked it on usps and got updates at every step. Mine took about 11-12 days and was actually fairly efficient once on the US side.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Have you checked the tracking on the us site also, I sent something about 6 weeks ago and it didn’t update for about a week from when it left the Dublin centre, seemed to just be sitting there. From there I tracked it on usps and got updates at every step. Mine took about 11-12 days and was actually fairly efficient once on the US side.

Ah!! I didn't realise you could do that!!thank you so much, do you use the same tracking number an post gives you?

Just checked and its saying the same thing as an post. It hasn't moved in 9 days from Heathrow. It's a joke especially since its registered and insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just checked and its saying the same thing as an post. It hasn't moved in 9 days from Heathrow. It's a joke especially since its registered and insured.

Just checked and the package I sent a few weeks ago, it was 8 days without any change from when it was processed through Dublin facility, in total took 12-13 days to get to destination. Not sure the situation with Heathrow but would give it another day or two and see then. Let us know what happens.

• Advertisement

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Just checked and the package I sent a few weeks ago, it was 8 days without any change from when it was processed through Dublin facility, in total took 12-13 days to get to destination. Not sure the situation with Heathrow but would give it another day or two and see then. Let us know what happens.

Thank you for your response, I will let you know when/if i hear anything.. fingers crossed.

sugarman wrote: »
    Post is backed up everywhere with Christmas/Covid. I've stuff sitting in Dublin, London and the Netherlands since Novemeber! Just because its registered and insured doesnt mean it will be any quicker, you'd have wanted priority/express postage for that.

I asked in my local a few days before (last week in November)how long it was taking for registered parcels to reach the us. I was told it was taking 10 days to 2 weeks. Hence why I posted my parcel the 2nd of December. An post never said there were any delays in the delivery of post/parcels to the USA, hence why I posted when I did. If an post told me there *might* be delays then I would have considered priority/Express, but you can only go on the information given to you at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have a registered An Post package to Finland. It's been stuck at Heathrow for 10 days so far.

Update, it was delivered today the 16th. It arrived in the US the day before, so I'm so relieved that it got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has posted to the US recently and if anything is turning up that was sent in December? Would be really helpful to get real feedback as mine all seem to be at a standstill.

I sent something by Express Post on the 3rd, left Ireland on the 5th and absolutely nothing since. The An Post rep said it's left Ireland, that we have to wait for USPS to scan it but for an Express envelope to be stalled for 2 weeks is painful, as it was to an important customer.

I sent hundreds of standard post envelopes to customers in the last few weeks too and nothing that was sent in December has arrived yet, the latest to arrive so far is about 30th November dispatch date. As a small business owner this is a nightmare. Some Americans are really not patient, even knowing the USPS issues and me warning them of delays beforehand and they have been borderline abusive. I hope they start showing up or I'm in for more abuse. I've already given in and refunded some just to make them stop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod -I've merged it with the relevant thread on the 1st page.

Short answer all services are severely curtailed. An Post may have told you that it left, but they likely have no idea as they will be waiting the airline to ship it when they have capability. They have been taking 7/8 days to do express post in Ireland, never mind the US. Just to make it worse, USPS is in a heap as well.

Edit: I've just realised you posted about this already in a different thread at the end of November. You were told there was a likely a 3 week delay then. The situation has got worse in the meantime, not better.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Edit: I've just realised you posted about this already in a different thread at the end of November. You were told there was a likely a 3 week delay then. The situation has got worse in the meantime, not better.

I posted about a different Express item in November. That arrived in less than a week. Everything I've sent in November has been turning up.

I'm fully aware of the delays but was specifically asking if anyone has experience of post sent in December from Ireland to the US that is arriving, as nothing I've sent from the 1st is arriving, so I have some idea for the customers emailing me. Simply just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

I sent an item to the US on the 11th, it's not showing up in the system at all. (The message on the tracking page is "Awaiting information on your post. We may not have received your delivery yet, but check back later as tracking is updated regularly throughout the day.")

Is this normal and simply delayed or could it be misplaced? If it's just a delay I won't worry, I know I should have posted it much sooner to avoid the Christmas madness.

twill wrote: »
    I sent an item to the US on the 11th, it's not showing up in the system at all. (The message on the tracking page is "Awaiting information on your post. We may not have received your delivery yet, but check back later as tracking is updated regularly throughout the day.")

Is this normal and simply delayed or could it be misplaced? If it's just a delay I won't worry, I know I should have posted it much sooner to avoid the Christmas madness.

That seems unusual to me. I'd advise getting onto the web chat with your tracking number as they should be able to tell you if this is normal or might have info that isn't showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

le_girl wrote: »
    That seems unusual to me. I'd advise getting onto the web chat with your tracking number as they should be able to tell you if this is normal or might have info that isn't showing up.

Thanks for your reply. Tried emailing them but that's no longer answered, will try that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement