Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastmount Delgany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

great pictures. i see it looks like the residents are already in place in the second picture therefore i guess that's of picture of the first phase Eastmount Gardens. is the last picture above of the second phase called Eastmount woods?

dannyc31 wrote: »
    great pictures. i see it looks like the residents are already in place in the second picture therefore i guess that's of picture of the first phase Eastmount Gardens. is the last picture above of the second phase called Eastmount woods?

Not sure of name but the last photo are the houses opposite the occupied ones

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Not sure of name but the last photo are the houses opposite the occupied ones

ah cool thanks thats still Eastmount Gardens. the second phase Eastmount woods will be behind them towards Kindlestown castle. be interesting to know if they have started construction and you have some pics. you'd have to walk up into the estate to see them at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

dannyc31 wrote: »
    ah cool thanks thats still Eastmount Gardens. the second phase Eastmount woods will be behind them towards Kindlestown castle. be interesting to know if they have started construction and you have some pics. you'd have to walk up into the estate to see them at the back.

If you check out the Flickr link on those photos posted by pixbyjohn, you can see quite a few more images he has taken, including some of Eastmount Woods - The first half of the first row now appears to be up in timber frame and roof tiles on some of them

Very useful to have these images, especially to those of us who are outside the 5km - Thanks PixbyJohn!

50949521626_9b353a2011_k.jpg810_2346 by John Mc Gowan, on Flickr

50949617532_55011d56fb_k.jpg810_2345 by John Mc Gowan, on Flickr

• Advertisement

50948815648_610c4b1e44_k.jpg810_2347 by John Mc Gowan, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Hi does anyone know if houses A3-A6 are sold in Eastmount or are they yet to be released? They are the 3bed houses in Eastmount woods pictured above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kniq127

Yes, they are. And those further in that line as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Langemarck

Hi All,

Strongly considering buying in Eastmount but not from the area and would welcome anybody's views on the area and development. I am reading a lot about Delgany becoming too overcrowded with housing estates, traffic and social issues. Is there supposed to be another housing development from DRES also happening along Chapel Road (not Churchlands)? Eastmount seems lovely and not too big a development. Grateful for any pros and cons if willing to share.
    Many thanks

Langemarck wrote: »
    Hi All,

Strongly considering buying in Eastmount but not from the area and would welcome anybody's views on the area and development. I am reading a lot about Delgany becoming too overcrowded with housing estates, traffic and social issues. Is there supposed to be another housing development from DRES also happening along Chapel Road (not Churchlands)? Eastmount seems lovely and not too big a development. Grateful for any pros and cons if willing to share.
    Many thanks

that other development from DRES along chapel road is in the very early stages and will be approximately 20 houses as far as i know so alot smaller than Eastmount. the majority of the 3 beds are reserved in Eastmount now so you'd need to be looking at the 4 and 5 beds which are well over half a million each.

• Administrators Posts: 53,402 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi All,

Many thanks

Delgany is a lovely village in a lovely wider area IMO. It has seen a significant population increase which is not unexpected.

The traffic thing is just because the road through the village itself is narrow, and people park at the side of it so you have to weave a bit. It's not like you get stuck in traffic jams or anything like that.

You need to read the criticisms through multiple lenses. Delgany, Greystones etc are busier than they used to be which is undoubtedly frustrating for people who lived here when they were quiet, but today they'll still feel small and quiet to someone used to Dublin for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Langemarck

Thanks @awec, helpful perspective. It does still seem more country like than Dublin which is a plus.

I know there are always social issues no matter where you live but have you found it a problem in particular areas in Delgany?

@danny, the price for a 4 bed is high, but it seems like Delgany prices are going up just like they are everywhere. Trying to weigh up if its worth that much.

Thanks @awec, helpful perspective. It does still seem more country like than Dublin which is a plus.

I know there are always social issues no matter where you live but have you found it a problem in particular areas in Delgany?

@danny, the price for a 4 bed is high, but it seems like Delgany prices are going up just like they are everywhere. Trying to weigh up if its worth that much.

Personally I'd be amazed if Delgany has any social issues. Pre-lockdown I'd be in the pub, cafe etc all the time and never met anyone I'd even raise an eyebrow to. I think anyone telling you there are social issues is talking ****, or must exist in some sort of alternative reality bubble.

While the population has increased it's still a small village, and it's a small village with expensive property prices. It's a highly desirable area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sparrow09

awec wrote: »
    Delgany is a lovely village in a lovely wider area IMO. It has seen a significant population increase which is not unexpected.

The traffic thing is just because the road through the village itself is narrow, and people park at the side of it so you have to weave a bit. It's not like you get stuck in traffic jams or anything like that.

You need to read the criticisms through multiple lenses. Delgany, Greystones etc are busier than they used to be which is undoubtedly frustrating for people who lived here when they were quiet, but today they'll still feel small and quiet to someone used to Dublin for example.

I think the referenced traffic issues are not with the village itself, but the roads around it towards blacklion/greystones. If you are commuting or travelling to local schools etc, it is certainly an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fffnoso

awec wrote: »
    Personally I'd be amazed if Delgany has any social issues. Pre-lockdown I'd be in the pub, cafe etc all the time and never met anyone I'd even raise an eyebrow to. I think anyone telling you there are social issues is talking ****, or must exist in some sort of alternative reality bubble.

While the population has increased it's still a small village, and it's a small village with expensive property prices. It's a highly desirable area.

Ridiculous comment to make on social housing.

• Advertisement

Just been informed the south facing 4 bed are no an additional 20k. Now priced at 590,000. Only last change to grab.

Fffnoso wrote: »
    Ridiculous comment to make on social housing.

Huh?

I didn’t mention or infer anything about social housing. I think you’re confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Just been informed the south facing 4 bed are no an additional 20k. Now priced at 590,000. Only last change to grab.

Very few first-time buyers are purchasing those it will be traders uppers who have made a bit of money and have very good equity in their current home, its an A-rated four-bed with the most desirable aspect.

prices for the last 3 bed semi's have now also been update. now over the €500K at €520K each. bitter pill to swallow for those first time buyers hoping to avail of the help to buy scheme.

https://www.daft.ie/new-home-for-sale/semi-detached-house-3-bed-semi-detached-house-eastmount-chapel-road-delgany-co-wicklow/2838857

Defo not aiming these at help to buy people.

Is there any / many left?

Drove around the site and roads are shocking. Tight and really bad condition - will these be fixed once site is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭MangleBadger

Defo not aiming these at help to buy people.

Is there any / many left?
    3 beds were originally sub €500k. Don't think there is any left currently

Spoken with Sherryfitz and they are fully sold out. Selling the 4bed and 3 bed showhouse now.
    Goodness knows what price they will put on them +50/60 on the base house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joanna0590

kendalbren wrote: »
    Hi, that’s great you reserved a house. Congrats! We love loads of things about Eastmount. The area is really nice, the houses aren’t overlooked at all (which is rare is a new build) and the rooms are really spacious. The finish of the houses seems great too which you don’t always get in new builds. Our house is at the bottom of the road and has a tree directly behind our garden so we’ll have to see if it causes problems with shade. Definitely not enough to put us off though.

We’ve set up a WhatsApp group so other people that have bought can join in time and have a chat about things. There’s only me and my partner and Coffeycups and her husband at the moment but if you want to PM either of us with your number we can add you to that if you like?
    Hi, we bought a house in Eastmount Woods last August and would love to be included in a whats app or facebook group for the estate if possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lala90sbaby

joanna0590 wrote: »
    Hi, we bought a house in Eastmount Woods last August and would love to be included in a whats app or facebook group for the estate if possible?

We also bought in August and would love to be included in the group too :)

Advertisement