Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon returns - new format?

Options
  • 11-12-2020 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭

Have just got an An Post label for an Amazon return and there's a section in the PDF I've downloaded with the address label that I've not seen before called a "Commercial Invoice".

There's two copies of it, one to be attached to the outside of the box as well as the address label, and another one with the following message ...

"Give this invoice to the carrier you select to ship your return package. The invoice is required for customs. The carrier will not be able to return your package to Amazon without it."

Is this Brexit related? If so, surely it only comes into effect after Dec 31st, so shouldn't really be needed yet, but I'm unsure as to what An Post are supposed to do with it if I give it to them, and suspect the person behind the desk in my local post office won't know either.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Alun wrote: »
    Have just got an An Post label for an Amazon return and there's a section in the PDF I've downloaded with the address label that I've not seen before called a "Commercial Invoice".

There's two copies of it, one to be attached to the outside of the box as well as the address label, and another one with the following message ...

"Give this invoice to the carrier you select to ship your return package. The invoice is required for customs. The carrier will not be able to return your package to Amazon without it."

Is this Brexit related? If so, surely it only comes into effect after Dec 31st, so shouldn't really be needed yet, but I'm unsure as to what An Post are supposed to do with it if I give it to them, and suspect the person behind the desk in my local post office won't know either.

Its for Brexit. It would be needed after Jan 1st.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I returned something to Amazon earlier today. The woman in the post office took the invoice, stamped it and handed it back to me with the proof of postage receipt. I'm guessing after January 1st the procedure might change slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Zaph wrote: »
    I returned something to Amazon earlier today. The woman in the post office took the invoice, stamped it and handed it back to me with the proof of postage receipt. I'm guessing after January 1st the procedure might change slightly.
    Thanks for that. At least now I know what's supposed to happen with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Alun wrote: »
    Thanks for that. At least now I know what's supposed to happen with it.

Hi

Are there any new charges in relation to amazon returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

I returned two packages since the 1st, attached one of the new invoices to the package and the woman in the post office said as far as she knew there's no need for the second one as they are within Ireland , got the refunds on both of them no bother .

• Advertisement
Advertisement