Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery agent for Hermes?

Options
  • 28-11-2020 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know which courier delivers packages in Ireland for Hermes courier in UK? It has been well over a week and only details Hermes tracking gives is that they've received my package. Impossible to contact them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

It used to be Fastway IIRC but I think it's An Post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

I've had a few packages delivered from UK in last 2 months, all sent via Hermes.
    They were all delivered by an post but none of them updated at all on the Hermes website other than to say they had received the parcels.
    They took between 6-8 working days to deliver from initial drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Great, thank you both. Hopefully get it this week. I thought it might be nighline

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I received a package from hermes this week , an post delivered it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I googled the Hermes delivery partner and way down the search list Nightline is mentioned.

Can someone please confirm Nightline take over here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I didn’t see this thread and stated my own for it.

Thank you all for the answer and the moderator who moved me.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which courier delivers packages in Ireland for Hermes courier in UK? It has been well over a week and only details Hermes tracking gives is that they've received my package. Impossible to contact them!

I'm in the same boat at the moment. Hermes just acknowledged that they received my parcel on the 7th...and that is it. Did you receive your parcel ? And if so, how long did it take to get to you from the time Hermes acknowledged receipt of your package. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

I had a Hermes delivery during the week and it was delivered by an post. placed order on 29th of Nov. Was scanned by an post on the 10th and delivered on the 11th..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah similar for me, it took 2.5 weeks for delivery. An post delivered it the day after their first scan in Portlaoise. I'd say the delay was more with Hermes than an Post for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Just received a text from an post to say they have my parcel and will deliver within 3 days. Delighted to say the least. Means I don't have to go and purchase a new christmas present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

My Hermes package was delivered by Fastway Couriers this week.

The online tracking was through Hermes whilst the package was in the UK, and then tracked online through Fastway's online tracking when it arrived in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I had one sent via Hermes from the UK delivered yesterday. Delivered 16 days after it was sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

weetiepie wrote: »
    Just received a text from an post to say they have my parcel and will deliver within 3 days. Delighted to say the least. Means I don't have to go and purchase a new christmas present.
    That's a great result, they are all out the door. My poor postman is struggling badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Waiting for a parcel from Hermes myself and went to their webpage today.

I did get a laugh from their online form that one of the four options was "It's about a technical issue or damage to my house/vehicle"

Makes you wonder who you're dealing with if that happens often enough to be an option.

Anyway on topic...based on this thread seems like an average delivery time of 14 days which is close enough to the 11 working days I was advised of in my despatch email from sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hermès is linked with an post got a delivery in November via Hermès but delivered by an post. It can take aprox a week but might take longer with Christmas and uk flight ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I know this is an old thread but I'll just add my experience here in case it helps anyone.

I ordered some clothes from a medium sized company in the UK. It was sent with Hermes. Fastway delivered it here which for once was actually a relief. I was afraid An Post would send it back or ask for a customs payment despite the VAT being prepaid. The Hermes tracking didn't update after the first scan but I was able to track it here instead: https://www.hermesworld.com/en/.

My order was dispatched on Friday and delivered yesterday so that was surprisingly quick.

Advertisement