Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Half way through a weekend of West Cork road tripping.

20161031_135502.jpg

West Cork is unreal btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

The old GT has been though a bit since I last posted. After fixing the timing chain noise caused by the tensioner, I started to notice a tappy knocking noise at certain revs and loads. I dropped the sump and my worry was confirmed, a spun bearing causing rod knock. Very nearly the end of the Primera!

Luckily I caught it in time and the crank was not past it. I replaced all the rod bearings with ACL's and it's been fine since, just back from a trip down to Mayo and didn't skip a beat. I have changed the oil 3 times in 3 months so far! Alot of sludge build up from poor maintenance in the past, fingers crossed I've got the best of it now and with more tuning up and TLC it will live to fight on for a few more years.

b0A7q5z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The Pug, Caldina and Primera are such wonderful cars to have on this thread (no interest in the Audi, sorry!).

I'd love to see each one in reality. Class cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

3HVc8pe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

^^ my next car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Had an S2000 the same colour but with black and red interior. Will have one again over the coming years - genuinely miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Id love an S2000 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Best car I've ever owned and don't think I'll ever sell. However not looking forward to it being 15 years old as it's already horrible to try insure!

Best car I've ever owned and don't think I'll ever sell. However not looking forward to it being 15 years old as it's already horrible to try insure!

I was with XSDirect - don't even know if they are around anymore. I think at the time (4years ago), it was €1500 to insure but I had an excess of €2000/2500.

I would guess its probably far more expensive in the current market!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Auto line brokers will insure it as a classic for 300 fully comp, you will need to be around 30yrs old your self and have a every day car insured in your own name.

They are based in Newry. Can't recommend them enough. A chap on the mr2 forum has his jap import turbo with modifications declared and a proper agreed valuation. You should give them a try the guy in the office who quoted me is Vincent haffron

PS love your s2000 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Had an S2000 the same colour but with black and red interior. Will have one again over the coming years - genuinely miss it.

What did you change the s2000 for, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

How much did a set of acl's for the sr20 set you back?

job seeker wrote: »
    What did you change the s2000 for, if you don't mind me asking?

I changed to a Lexus IS250 (220BHP?) which subsequently changed to an Astra OPC (240BHP), then to a 320i (170BHP) then to a Nissan Murano (250BHP?) and I'm currently on an Insignia 2.0l 220BHP. Its been a busy 4 years.

Young family means I now need 4 doors so will always have a saloon, but the S2000 was by far my favourite car and I will look to get one again in the next 18 months as my "bit on the side" :D

Insignia with 220bhp?? Tell me more (or show me more in the theme of the thread!)

The s2k is like a poor mans twin cam. I mean that in the nicest possible way. Twin cams being vastly overpriced for the bit of crack they are whereas the s2k is half the price and twice the fun. Only n/a rwds I've driven so only comparison I can make.

OSI wrote: »
    Seems like a totally legitimate and warranted comment.

Do opinions need to be legitimate and warranted on a public forum?

I was referencing the other posters cars in that they are quality rare machines and didn't want to seem like I was leaving the Audi out of it. I just don't have much to say about it, I mean when do you get to see an SRI Primera and a Puglet like the above ones around everyday?

I can see 15-20 Audi lookalikes every day on the street. It wasn't anything personal and really shouldn't be taken as such. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The s2k is like a poor mans twin cam. I mean that in the nicest possible way. Twin cams being vastly overpriced for the bit of crack they are whereas the s2k is half the price and twice the fun. Only n/a rwds I've driven so only comparison I can make.

Whaste of time all them n/a rwd's lad

Whaste of time all them n/a rwd's lad

No boosht laad?
    No good..

166man wrote: »

I was referencing the other posters cars in that they are quality rare machines and didn't want to seem like I was leaving the Audi out of it. I just don't have much to say about it, I mean when do you get to see an SRI Primera and a Puglet like the above ones around everyday?

I can see 15-20 Audi lookalikes every day on the street. It wasn't anything personal and really shouldn't be taken as such. :pac:

Way i look at it is like this.

Not everyone is as bat**** crazy as some of us on here with our motoring choices as it goes against the grain within the culture fostered in ireland of low tax and shurre what do ya want a petrol for what do ya need a 2.5+ for etc.

Alot of people do big milage and work hard for their new cars that many might see as dull and grey (Interiors are glorious on new audis however as is the infotainment system across the whole VAG family). Personally i couldn't care what anyone drives as long as they are enthusiastic about it and it brings them joy in whatever form they seek it.

• Advertisement

Personally I wouldn't have mentioned the Audi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

The skyscraper

k7Z6Mpd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Should slam it laaaaaaad

YbFocus wrote: »
    Should slam it laaaaaaad

Picking up the angle grinder next week

Not everyone is as bat**** crazy as some of us on here with our motoring choices as it goes against the grain within the culture fostered in ireland of low tax and shurre what do ya want a petrol for what do ya need a 2.5+ for etc.

Alot of people do big milage and work hard for their new cars that many might see as dull and grey (Interiors are glorious on new audis however as is the infotainment system across the whole VAG family). Personally i couldn't care what anyone drives as long as they are enthusiastic about it and it brings them joy in whatever form they seek it.

You're right. Everyone can enjoy whatever they want to, and people can have a variety of opinions but to me the other cars were more interesting than the Audi. Can a man not have an opinion on that and comment on others cars?
    Personally I wouldn't have mentioned the Audi...

Perhaps! But if we all have 20:20 hindsight then the world would be boring! :D

YbFocus wrote: »
    Should slam it laaaaaaad

Get dat cartoon stance
    1781566_705781252813202_3787967044336972806_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Took advantage of the weak sterling last week :)

R9cQ6sn.jpg

SG is literally handing out slaps here tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

To be honest I think everyone is too quick to try find things wrong with 166man's posts.
    The minute he opens his mouth 3-4 people jump on him instantly.

Blatantly he was not meaning any wrong against anyone there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

People get the wrong vibe on the forum, I can honestly say he's one of the nicest and most open guys you'll ever meet.

Insignia with 220bhp?? Tell me more (or show me more in the theme of the thread!)

Its a 2008 2.0l Turbo, Elite spec. Petrol obviously!

Pics to follow - car (badly) needs a wash first! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Get dat cartoon stance

Seen it again the other day, tis looking fair rough, yer man mustn't know what a wash mitt is.....

Seen it again the other day, tis looking fair rough, yer man mustn't know what a wash mitt is.....

It's a damn shame, not many with that spec/power around. Cheapest way to get modern hyper hatch performance for sale on donedeal atm.

I'd have bought it back only for i wanted a change, it's probably a fair whack faster than the zed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Amen1_zpsd1wsuyhm.jpg

It's a damn shame, not many with that spec/power around. Cheapest way to get modern hyper hatch performance for sale on donedeal atm.

I'd have bought it back only for i wanted a change, it's probably a fair whack faster than the zed too.

It's only faster because you haven't started throwing money at the Z yet. :p

Nice motor Rob! What is she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

CianRyan wrote: »
    People get the wrong vibe on the forum, I can honestly say he's one of the nicest and most open guys you'll ever meet.

It is genuinely sad to see such an absolute gent and one of the most genuine people I know personally get pissed on by people who really don't know or want to know the chap.

Behind every poster is a person, not just an online persona. From this forum alone I've made some life friends, met some seriously interesting people and met some absolutely nasty backstabbing pieces of work.

Just online the supposed mask makes it easier for some to snipe it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Nice motor Rob! What is she?

'62 plate 320D M-Sport

Health to drive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

It is genuinely sad to see such an absolute gent and one of the most genuine people I know personally get pissed on by people who really don't know or want to know the chap.

Behind every poster is a person, not just an online persona. From this forum alone I've made some life friends, met some seriously interesting people and met some absolutely nasty backstabbing pieces of work.

I am pretty sure i've met 166 and found him a nice guy, i've no grudge with him. He has to be honest in his posting though - he made the comment about the Audi to get a reaction and he got one simple as. If it didn't interest him then there's no other reason for mentioning.

We can all make comments about how X,Y or Z is a lovely person to know in real life. We've all made friends from here but we also have to be a bit respectful and exercise a little more cop on when someone who is not a regular pops in and posts a pic of their pride and joy.

Rule 1 of motors as i see it. Don't diss someone elses car, or atleast if you have nothing nice to say then swallow it.

Who say's it doesn't really matter to be fair.

• Advertisement

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Its a 2008 2.0l Turbo, Elite spec. Petrol obviously!

Pics to follow - car (badly) needs a wash first! :D

Absolutely brilliant! Fair fecks for buying something so different, and one that isn't a diesel!
    tossy wrote: »
    I am pretty sure i've met 166 and found him a nice guy, i've no grudge with him. He has to be honest in his posting though - he made the comment about the Audi to get a reaction and he got one simple as. If it didn't interest him then there's no other reason for mentioning.

We can all make comments about how X,Y or Z is a lovely person to know in real life. We've all made friends from here but we also have to be a bit respectful and exercise a little more cop on when someone who is not a regular pops in and posts a pic of their pride and joy.

I mentioned reasons for including the comment? I honestly don't have any interest in it. Does that make it a bad car? Am I ''dissing'' someone's pride and joy? I'm not.

Yourself and OSI have taken it personally as ye're both VAG heads. Am I not allowed to not have an interest in it? Jaysus lads the overreaction here is real. :eek:
    Rule 1 of motors as i see it. Don't diss someone elses car, or atleast if you have nothing nice to say then swallow it.

Who say's it doesn't really matter to be fair.

SG - as I said there was no ill spoken of his car? I don't have an interest in it? I don't get why the big song and dance over this..:confused::P

Yourself and OSI have taken it personally as ye're both VAG heads. Am I not allowed to not have an interest in it? Jaysus lads the overreaction here is real. :eek:

I certainly haven't taken it personally, lm too old to be taking stuff said on the net seriously.

I'll just stay out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

@sneakyST, I see the new bus on FB! The work you are getting done is top class!

RS_zpsqtormycv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Couple a pics of the drift car from the track day on Monday. Sorry I don't know how to embed them.

Certainly living up to your name. :D

sneakyST wrote: »
    A sneaky pic sent by the detailer. It will be ready tomorrow evening. :-)

So... any more pics Sneaky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Couple a pics of the drift car from the track day on Monday. Sorry I don't know how to embed them.

I dont mean to alarm you but your bumper has come off, thats just pure dangerous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Sorry I don't know how to embed them.

Attach them, click upload and then copy the location they're uploaded to. Click on the image button and paste.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dont mean to alarm you but your bumper has come off, thats just pure dangerous!

The bumper off look is hot this year...

bumper.jpg

All to change a bulb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement