Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Navara

Options
  • 03-02-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have a 2011 navara , the 4x4 icon was flashing on the dash while in 2w drive - so when I stopped I just changed it into 4x4 to see if it would get rid of flashing , now there is a mad serious knocking when I try to drive it , forward or reverse , and does not change back to 2WD...anyone help ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Don't drive it. Get it towed to a Nissan garage or your local 4x4 mechanic. Sounds like the 4 wheel drive system is as fault. Driving it could damage the diff's

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iveski

Don't drive it. Get it towed to a Nissan garage or your local 4x4 mechanic. Sounds like the 4 wheel drive system is as fault. Driving it could damage the diff's

Thanks - Pretty much what i was thinking , i have to drop the kids into school in the wife's bean can this morning - aw well , could be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY effort, moved to main forum

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭darg

Were you using the 4x4 system whilst driving on road op?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iveski

No - I had pulled up , getting it lifted to nissan in the morning - thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement