Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Skoda Superb

Options
  • 03-02-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Quick question,

The boot of the Superb can open as a saloon or hatchback............so which is it ??

A saloon or a hatchback as in 4 door or 5 door ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Quick question,

The boot of the Superb can open as a saloon or hatchback............so which is it ??

A saloon or a hatchback as in 4 door or 5 door ?

It's a Hatchaloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

It's a Salback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

it's a saloon :)

but it has a dual boot.

in the 2016 model it only opens as a hatchback but remains a saloon car. _very_ spacious cars. I've owned 3 since 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Liftback. Anathema to Irish people until BMW/VAG said they were OK to buy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Liftback. Anathema to Irish people until BMW/VAG said they were OK to buy now.

Wasn't it the Japs that were bringing in lift back corollas years before all that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Wasn't it the Japs that were bringing in lift back corollas years before all that?
    Yes, to a country where "saloons are posh" and "only protestants drive estates".

Honda didn't even bring in liftback models of several cars to Ireland as "only young/poor people drive anything but 4 doors in ireland" :pac:;)

But it's ok now, such beauties as the 5GT have lifted the spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Sorry that should be an 09:o

Anyway bringing one in from the UK and there's a big difference between VRT on the 4 and 5 door, thus the question. But the answer seems to be 5 door as that is what is on the log book.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Sorry that should be an 09:o

Anyway bringing one in from the UK and there's a big difference between VRT on the 4 and 5 door, thus the question. But the answer seems to be 5 door as that is what is on the log book.

I think there were older 4dr (Passat shape) Superb's still being sold in 2009 so that may be the difference on the VRT Calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

R.O.R wrote: »
    I think there were older 4dr (Passat shape) Superb's still being sold in 2009 so that may be the difference on the VRT Calculator

Ya we got the news shape, Aug 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭youtheman

I have a 2012 Superb. Must admit that the dual boot is a bit of a gimmick. If you open the small boot then you have only minimum access to the boot. To open the full boot you have to go through a 2 stage process to unlock the hinge. I think it was a good idea to save weight and complexity by removing this facility in the newer model. I would much prefer a rear wiper than the dual boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 DaveHumphreys

Yes, to a country where "saloons are posh" and "only protestants drive estates".

Bahahahahaha! Brilliant!

Advertisement