Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another GRO question

Options
  • 15-09-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I'm trying to put my mothers family together, I have a birth cert that I'm almost certain is hers, and I've another cert for an aunt that once again i'm almost certain is hers, but I've 12 possible records for the middle sister, so my question is can I give the details of all 12 and ask that they only give me the ones with the fathers name that match the one I know it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I have done something like that (mind you, it was one of two, not one of twelve, but I had three such requests) and they obliged without even seeking a search fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

I've narrowed it down to 9 now, covering 2 years so I think I'll attach a note asking that they only send them if they have the right fathers name, I just wasn't sure if it was too cheeky and I wouldn't mind if they charged a little extra!

Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with that request. Probably easier to ask it of Roscommon than in the reading room.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky

I'm sending off for some birth certs to roscommon, but I just thought that obviously it would be better and cheaper to only get back certs that had the right fathers name on it rather than 9 of them, even if they charged me the €2 search fee for each of them it would be cheaper, but I'll ask that they send all of them to me if its not possible to match them to a fathers name...

Well I requested that if possible to only send me back ones with a fathers name of Daniel O Shea/Shea and they did, 3 of them had the fathers name and they only charged me for the 7 certs I received I had submitted 3 birth certs, 1 marriage cert and 9 possibles for my mothers aunt. Have to say they provide a fantastic and fast service...

• Advertisement
Advertisement