Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Options
  • 19-06-2019 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi All

Anyone else on here been using this new one from Meguiars? Picked up a bottle over the weekend and must say i am initially impressed.
    Long time user of Wet Coat by Gyeon. Was originally against picking up a bottle of this as thought it wouldnt be as good , but i could be wrong.

Interested in hearing others thoughts.

Full write up on it here on my blog if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Tried some not so long ago, and was very impressed. Applied a second coat during a wash last week and my detailer messaged me yesterday to say it was a struggle to get it off the car before he started!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

Nice review, that water performance looks great. My rapid aqua wax from Autoglym is running out, I might have to replace it with this, application looks pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ChuckLarry

I had some issues applying the first coat or ‘base layer’

Followed the instructions to the letter but ended up with some parts staining similar to water spots but bigger, had to power wash and apply again, came up great in the end maybe I did something wrong.

Have since gotten a new car so will have to repeat again hopefully goes smoother this time

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭doh1988

ChuckLarry wrote: »
    I had some issues applying the first coat or ‘base layer’

Followed the instructions to the letter but ended up with some parts staining similar to water spots but bigger, had to power wash and apply again, came up great in the end maybe I did something wrong.

Have since gotten a new car so will have to repeat again hopefully goes smoother this time

Could have used too much of the product , or else missed some spots while drying?

I think if you leave it dry of its own accord , it will definitely leave spotting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Tried some not so long ago, and was very impressed. Applied a second coat during a wash last week and my detailer messaged me yesterday to say it was a struggle to get it off the car before he started!

why did you wash and detail your car in the same week ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Notch000 wrote: »

Why not? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Notch000 wrote: »

I didn't want to bring it to him in the state it was in, because it was bad even by my standards :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I've been following it for months waiting for it to be released over here. It was selling for 120 pounds sterling early in the year on ebay UK until released here for €27!

Bought a bottle a few weeks back, like the poster above, I found the initial coat to be troublesome on our F10 and I haven't tried it on the i3 yet as im waiting to clay, detar etc

will give the F10 another coat in the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Am I right in thinking you just add this to water? Washing etc the car first !

Am I right in thinking you just add this to water? Washing etc the car first !

You spray it on while the car is wet , and power wash it off immediately after. Is that what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

doh1988 wrote: »
    You spray it on while the car is wet , and power wash it off immediately after. Is that what you mean?

Ok that makes sense. Thought it was added to the wash bucket.

I take it that it needs to be dried/buffed after application.

Ok that makes sense. Thought it was added to the wash bucket.

I take it that it needs to be dried/buffed after application.

Hi , Yes that is correct but it is very quick and easy.

If you want something that can be added to a wash bucket , try Bathe+ by Gyeon.

https://drivedetailed.com/product-review-gyeon-bathe-plus-shampoo/

A little expensive for a shampoo , but it is definitely the easiest and quickest way to add some protection to the paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Used this recently - first coat was a pain to remove as some others have mentioned. Ended up using the Porter Cable to get it buffed off.

Applied it for the second time on Tuesday - was as simple as it gets, results were great.

rs_cayman.jpg

kdevitt wrote: »
    Used this recently - first coat was a pain to remove as some others have mentioned. Ended up using the Porter Cable to get it buffed off.

Applied it for the second time on Tuesday - was as simple as it gets, results were great.

rs_cayman.jpg

wow - looks good!

Any one try the turtle wax equivalent yet?

Turtle Wax Hybrid Sealant Hydrophobic Spray

Think i will pick it up next time , reviews are saying its better ( and cheaper ) than the Meguiars product

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Think i will pick it up next time , reviews are saying its better ( and cheaper ) than the Meguiars product

If it has similar results, then it makes sense to go for the cheaper one - I think I'll end up getting through the whole bottle of Megs pretty quickly to be honest.

Think you should be more upfront about sticking referral codes in your product links by the way!

kdevitt wrote: »
    If it has similar results, then it makes sense to go for the cheaper one - I think I'll end up getting through the whole bottle of Megs pretty quickly to be honest.

Think you should be more upfront about sticking referral codes in your product links by the way!

I guess i have it in my head that Turtle wax is an inferior product based on some of their other offerings.

I picked up my Megs early june and have about half a bottle left , think i have done the car 3 or 4 times so far - getting about 3 to 4 weeks of noticeable protection per application

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I tried the Turtle hybrid sealant and its utter s**te. Leaved the paint with a type of staining. I only did a couple of panels with it, and it had taken me a half hour to remove the streaky stains. So I bought the Meguires and its a far, far superior product.

1jcdub wrote: »
    I tried the Turtle hybrid sealant and its utter s**te. Leaved the paint with a type of staining. I only did a couple of panels with it, and it had taken me a half hour to remove the streaky stains. So I bought the Meguires and its a far, far superior product.

Hmm interesting. Although Meguiars is known to streak and stain too if you let it dry

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Hmm interesting. Although Meguiars is known to streak and stain too if you let it dry

You not suppose to let it dry. As soon as I spray it on each panel I wipe it off. I never rinse it off. Leaves a great shine on the car and the rain just runs off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

1jcdub wrote: »

Have done two cars now with TW Sealant. Fantastic results on both, car was washed then dried, them done one one panel at a time with two Microfiber, one to wipe on, the other to wipe off.

Great results, very easy on and off with great beading. A little goes a long way and don't let it dry on a warm panel, quick, quick off.

Very impressed.

Have done two cars now with TW Sealant. Fantastic results on both, car was washed then dried, them done one one panel at a time with two Microfiber, one to wipe on, the other to wipe off.

Great results, very easy on and off with great beading. A little goes a long way and don't let it dry on a warm panel, quick, quick off.

Very impressed.

Good to know - Do Halfords Stock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Good to know - Do Halfords Stock it?

Don't think so, I got mine from Euro car parts UK. €11.34 after PADAY50 discount. €24 for Mequires Ceramic Wax so a bit of a bargain.

Thanks Stallingrad , going to pick some up now and will report back after i have used it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Thanks Stallingrad , going to pick some up now and will report back after i have used it

Watch for the money off code.:cool:

Advertisement