Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eorum Residentia Query

Options
  • 06-06-2018 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I posted earlier in the Handwriting Decipher Thread and received a quick & helpful response. This query is related.

I have been trying to track down Birth details of my G Granny. She was Catherine Walsh, born in Dublin 1863-1864-ish from the 1901 & 1911 Census.

She married my G Granddad, Henry Casey, in St Andrew's in Dublin on 07/11/1886.

On the Marriage Cert her Parents are recorded as Robert and Margaret Walsh, Eorum Residentia: Waterford.

Catherine had an elder sister, Elizabeth, born 1857-ish from the 1901 Census. Elizabeth married Michael Deegan on 30/07/1875 also in St. Andrew's, Dublin. Her Parents are recorded as Robert and Margaret Walsh (and what I think says "dead" beside their names). Their Eorum Residentia: Sligo.

In the later, 1886 Marriage, for Catherine there is nothing recorded that they may be deceased though I realize I can infer nothing from this.

I have failed up to now to find a Birth for Catherine Walsh, G Granny.

Should the different Residences for her Parents, Sligo & Wateford & her Birthplace, Dublin ('01 & '11 Census) be any consideration in trying to pin her down?

J

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What's her father's occupation? Is it something that might have involved moving around?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nikonuser

pinkypinky, I can find nothing more about the father Robert, no note re his occupation. The 2 girls in question had a brother, Francis Daniel Walsh, born 11/04/1858 and Baptised in St Andrew's. Parents are Robert & Magt Mulhall. No more I'm afraid.

Maybe if I start looking for a Marriage between a Walsh & Mulhall mid 1850's? Where though....

Thanks, J

But what do the 2 civil marriage certs say about him? Sometimes even if dead, they will still give an occupation.

You can do a search in the parish registered (Ancestry/FMP/Rootsireland) for a marriage between the parents and see do you turn up any suitable candidates. I would try all 3 sites.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Elizabeth's says deceased and Catherine's just has a line through it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Catherine & Elizabeth had a brother, Francis & I managed to find his Civil Marriage Cert for 04/02/1883 in St Nicholas'. Father Robert is 'Dead' but his Profession in 'Clerk'. The Parish Registers for St Nicholas' don't cover the date.

This seems to add little to the mystery I'm afraid. Many thanks for your help.
    J

• Advertisement

Well, you could possibly try the death records pre-1883 for him and see do you turn up any likely candidates.

Genealogy Forum Mod

That's my next step so. Again thanks. I'll post any wee bit of success. J

Advertisement