Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carded/ ban unjustified

Options
  • 06-07-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭

Iv been carded and then banned from the soccer forum's and I feel its totally unjustified ,

I was having a conversation on the United tread as a Liverpool fan and of course there was disagreements of opinion which is normal and ok

The same passive aggressive poster as always then made a smart comment off topic about me so I replied,

In my reply I did not abuse or saying anything untoward to him , but mentioned it has not gone unnoticed by others that he use's the like button in a form of bullying and very passive aggressive ,That why doesn't he give his opinion and post about the matter instead of being a bully and passive aggressive, ( basically any negative post about Liverpool or a Liverpool fan he likes but won't actually give his opinion on the topics discussed )

I got a Thread Ban because it was off topic although I was just replying to his off topic smart post ,

I was annoyed but willing to see adhere to the ban until the next morning over some 12 hours later I see on the same Tread i'm still being talked about and made fun and the Mod has done nothing or said a word or told anyone to stop ,

How is that fair, its bullying and its felicitated by the mod's,

So I replied to the said again I didn't abuse anyone but my reply obviously broke my thread ban so I got a permeant ban , I only replied because I will not stand by in any part of life when it clear and obvious bullying,

I brought the matter up with a mod and he said I was also trolling , I asked for examples of this " trolling " as I felt I was just having conversation he couldn't give me a post where I was "trolling" instead just sent me a conversation he disagreed with , He even told me he was a United fan himself and reported a post I made asking a poster if he stil thought De Gea was the best in the world after a number of mistakes , ,How I n the world is that worth being reported by a MOD ?

I have been carded twice before and both time's I held my hands up and sorry to mistakes, one I called a Manger by his nickname (fat sam) and the other I called a ref a name mid match, Both times I apologised and understand the issue's . I feel this time it's no t right to do that,

Its quite clear as a United fan he did not look at my complaint objectively and just didn't agree with my opinion's which is fine post and say that but there is no need to ban me,

You know I can't look into the forum because i'm banned but it wouldn't surprise me if the MOD himself liked the bullying post ,

Again I think iv been unfairly permanently banned and it really annoys me the bullies are allowed say what they want without warning or anything,

I don't mind sticking to a United tread ban but I would like to use the rest of the soccer forum

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You already have a thread on this in the DRP forum, and it's being addressed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭This is it

Spear wrote: »
    You already have a thread on this in the DRP forum, and it's being addressed there.

Sure he was told to come here to address the thread ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The cards and bans received by the OP were as the result of disobeying a thread ban. As the DRP does not cover thread bans, I have asked him to post here.

I will ask the mods/CMods to look at the thread ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I enjoy boards but this is an absolute sh#t show ,

1: no one has an idea whats going on or 2 no one can be bothered with my complaint and your fobbing me off to the next person ,

Just forget about it i dont have time to be passed from pillar to post and back because when its clear as day no one is willing to even listen to my complaint let alone try work ot out ,

I really enjoy the soccer forum but if you going to make it impossible for me to talk to someone and allow bullying to go uncheck and punish a person who stand up for themselve in an unabusive manor then best to look to you i want no part of it

As i said its shamefull all you want to do is pass the book and hope i go away , Well congrats its worked , as i dont want to waste anymore of my time talking to the wall ,

dudara wrote: »
    The cards and bans received by the OP were as the result of disobeying a thread ban. As the DRP does not cover thread bans, I have asked him to post here.

I will ask the mods/CMods to look at the thread ban.

Im sorry but this is a sh#t show
    Iv been piller to post and back, it basically just passing of the book ,

Iv explained my peice and seems the bullies go unpunished and if you stand up forself you get banned , worse than that is the failure of anyone to actully adress the issue and explain why no one else saw a ban or a warning for bullyin but yet if you stand up for yourself in an non abusive manmer you get banned

Im sorey but its shameful i dont have time to waste talking to the wall ,Iv giv8ng two days of my time to try and sort this but its clear no one cars

I will continue to enjoy boards but seems the soccer forum is now a no go unless your part of a certain cliche thay mods allow to bully who they like and ban peoole with other opinons ,

Lets not forget a Mod told me he reported me for asking a fan if he still thought De Gea was the best in the world and i thought he was stealing a living , Reported for an opinion , the same mod who banned me and let his friends continue to make for of me 12 hours later without evem warning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's not being passed off, it's being looked at by mods, cmods and admins.

Had you appealed the thread ban here in the first place per the PM discussion with the mod then the process would now be a lot further along. :)

Steve wrote: »

Had you appealed the thread ban here in the first place per the PM discussion with the mod then the process would now be a lot further along. :)

I came here you told me where to go post so i did , then they told me to come back here ,

So how is that my fault ?

Whats with the attitude , if you dont like dealing wIth problems then get another job dont take it out on people who come to report there problems ,

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to let you know this is not being ignored, but I've had a crazy few days with more to come. We had an extensive PM discussion on this matter, and when I do reply I will be repeating many of the points I made there

I'll get back to this thread when I get a chance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just bumping this up as it's been nearly a week.

Not being a P*ck but 11 days later its fairly obvious I was correct in saying it being passed off,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies, but I've been travelling for the past 12 days with limited access

My first message to you in connection with the threadban was

"You've been stirring things in the United thread all day. You've been commenting about posters and not the underlying topic. The only thing I am currently considering is issuing a card for some of those comments. That would result in a 3 month forum ban as your prior card should have seen you out of the forum for a month (but that seems to have been missed by the mod issuing that card)

TBH I would suggest that even when your threadban is over you stay away from the United thread as you've already wound the natives up more than enough with your posting"

In my view you have engaged in low-level trolling of the United thread for some time, and the threadban was a simple way of stopping this

I am seeing no reason to lift it, or indeed your permanent forum ban

Beasty wrote: »

"You've been stirring things in the United thread all day. You've been commenting about posters and not the underlying topic. The only thing I am currently considering is issuing a card for some of those comments. That would result in a 3 month forum ban as your prior card should have seen you out of the forum for a month (but that seems to have been missed by the mod issuing that card)

TBH I would suggest that even when your threadban is over you stay away from the United thread as you've already wound the natives up more than enough with your posting"

In my view you have engaged in low-level trolling of the United thread for some time, and the threadban was a simple way of stopping this

Im sorry but how 4 weeks later am I still having the same disagreement with you ??

Iv asked to take this higher and it just keeps coming back to the same argument with yourself ,

Iv told you my side over and over and all I get is "I am seeing no reason to lift it" Never once explained why no once else got banned or warned , Where I'm trolling people, and Why 24 hours later the same folks could make fun of me without warnings ?

The fact i'm being judged by a United fan who admits he reported me because he disagreed with my opinion before,

Why hasn't this been moved and higher like has been asked ?

Iv said numerous times iv no interest in the United Tread but I want to use the soccer thread ,

Why four weeks late am I still having the same argument with yourself ?
    Iv asked numerous times to take this higher but seem I keep coming back to you ,

Your a united fan who told me you once reported me because you disagreed with my opinion how is that fair,

Iv asked you multiple times why your own buddies in the tread where not warned for trolling me, why 24 hours later there still making fun of me on the tread with no even a warning ? You said I troll I don't its just you disagree with some of my opinions,

I don't want to go near the United tread but I feel I shouldn't be banned from the rest of the soccer treads

Again why can't I take this higher ?

Also just to highlight the absolute nonsense iv to put up with here ,

You say "Apologies, but I've been travelling for the past 12 days with limited access "

Eh I can see on your profile you've been posting lots during that time ,

Again as iv said countless times I'm just been totally fobbed off here ,

Just bumping this up as it's been nearly a week.

Seriously why can't I get any where with this complaint ,

Just to highlight that fact there is no interest in giving me a fair shout here,

"Apologies, but I've been travelling for the past 12 days with limited access"

You say the above but in that time I clearly see on your profile you have been stil posting a lot,

There is zero intrest in hearing me out or giving me a fair crack of the whip here

"Apologies, but I've been travelling for the past 12 days with limited access"

You say the above but in that time I clearly see on your profile you have been stil posting a lot,
    "Posting" is different to being able to access my Admin and mod privileges. And yes, over those 12 days I've been at Old Trafford for the Cricket, Silverstone for the Grand Prix, London, Dallas, LA and Chicago on business. I'm back though now and catching up on things

It terms of escalating this further I am a site Administrator, and there is no-one "higher-up" to appeal to

Let me just add though - yes I issued your threadban and one yellow card. However it was a local mod who banned you from the forum, a Sports CMod who looked at your appeal and another Administrator who had the final say on that appeal

And to clarify - I never reported you for any disagreement with your "opinion" - I reported you for trolling

If you wish I can ask another Administrator to have a look at this. Failing that you can request the forum ban be reviewed by the local mods after 6 months. If you are allowed back in though I will be making the threadban permanent - ie you will be unable to post in the current and all future United Superthreads

"Posting" is different to being able to access my Admin and mod privileges. And yes, over those 12 days I've been at Old Trafford for the Cricket, Silverstone for the Grand Prix, London, Dallas, LA and Chicago on business. I'm back though now and catching up on things

It terms of escalating this further I am a site Administrator, and there is no-one "higher-up" to appeal to

Let me just add though - yes I issued your threadban and one yellow card. However it was a local mod who banned you from the forum, a Sports CMod who looked at your appeal and another Administrator who had the final say on that appeal

And to clarify - I never reported you for any disagreement with your "opinion" - I reported you for trolling

If you wish I can ask another Administrator to have a look at this. Failing that you can request the forum ban be reviewed by the local mods after 6 months. If you are allowed back in though I will be making the threadban permanent - ie you will be unable to post in the current and all future United Superthreads

Sorry I wasn't aware of that , I don't need a list of where you went that your own business,

Again you have yet to answer any of my question which once more proves you just made your mind you and won't even look at it openly,

You allow bullying to happen on the forum as long its your own buddies who do it, thus abusing your positon of power to suit your own agenda's in my opinion

You banned me and so on because you disagree with my Opinion ,
    I never abused anyone or trolled anyone on purpose on but refuse to look at anything adjectively,

This is not true id a previous conversation with a poster on De Gea and the next week he made vital mistakes two games and I asked him if he still thought he was the best In the World and in my opinion he was stealing a living ,that not trolling that's an opinion, His mistake's backed up my opinion,

I don't want to go near the United tread but iv never had issues on the football forum bar "Fred the Red" but he's one of your buddies so he is allowed be a passive aggressive bully with no warning , I just want to be allowed access the other soccer forums,

Sorry I have missed this or maybe its not protocol but I never got a PM or anything to say a administrator made a call on my appeal ? Or did I just miss it ? maybe I did ,

I have kept my eye on the thread for some time. I have seen no evidence of bullying you claim has happened. A diversionary tactic from you I am guessing

I provided an explanation as to why you were threadbanned via PM, but let me repeat that here

"You've been stirring things in the United thread all day. You've been commenting about posters and not the underlying topic. The only thing I am currently considering is issuing a card for some of those comments"

I have had further comments from other regulars in the United Superthread highlighting their concerns over your posting there. A blanket "they are all bullies" is not going to work with me

I have been in extensive PM correspondence over the various sanctions applied to your account. I've spent time here adding further commentary for your benefit. You accuse me of not answering your question, but I have dealt with every point you have raised here or via PM. You might not like the answers, but that is not my problem

What this boils down to is you were causing trouble in the United thread. I threadbanned you for that. You ignored that threadban and received a card for that. That card triggered your permanent forum ban. Since then I issued another card following a review of your posting. That means you have picked up the equivalent of 7 yellows in the forum during the season. The permanent ban kicks in at 6 yellows, so even if you got one of those yellows rescinded you would still be permanently banned from the forum

You could have avoided all of this if you had simply followed that initial instruction not to post in the United thread. The reason you are permanently banned is you chose to ignore a warning I both posted in-thread and informed you by PM

I'm really not seeing why I am continuing to engage with you on something which is very clearcut

I have kept my eye on the thread for some time. I have seen no evidence of bullying you claim has happened. A diversionary tactic from you I am guessing

I provided an explanation as to why you were threadbanned via PM, but let me repeat that here

"You've been stirring things in the United thread all day. You've been commenting about posters and not the underlying topic. The only thing I am currently considering is issuing a card for some of those comments"

I have had further comments from other regulars in the United Superthread highlighting their concerns over your posting there. A blanket "they are all bullies" is not going to work with me

I have been in extensive PM correspondence over the various sanctions applied to your account. I've spent time here adding further commentary for your benefit. You accuse me of not answering your question, but I have dealt with every point you have raised here or via PM. You might not like the answers, but that is not my problem

What this boils down to is you were causing trouble in the United thread. I threadbanned you for that. You ignored that threadban and received a card for that. That card triggered your permanent forum ban. Since then I issued another card following a review of your posting. That means you have picked up the equivalent of 7 yellows in the forum during the season. The permanent ban kicks in at 6 yellows, so even if you got one of those yellows rescinded you would still be permanently banned from the forum

You could have avoided all of this if you had simply followed that initial instruction not to post in the United thread. The reason you are permanently banned is you chose to ignore a warning I both posted in-thread and informed you by PM

I'm really not seeing why I am continuing to engage with you on something which is very clearcut

Wow Your some joker ,
    "Youve seen no evidence of my bullying claim " you must be taking the absolute piss now ?

I brought up the fact you buddie Fred the Red is a passive agrresive bully which others have noted and u thread banned me, i never absued him or trolled , Then i got a peremant ban for replying to Bullies the next day

That statement just prove exactly what im sying that you have ZERO intrest in lookiNg at this fairly and are talking absolute nosense to suit yourself

You banned ME because when i was tread banned i posted in the tread ,I posted a reply to people 24 hours later still mocking in a post , How in gods green earth can you now claim to Not Seen it you banned me for my reply for **** sake ?
    YOUR A MOD WHO ALLOWS BULLYING IF ITS BY YOUR BUDDIES ,

Youve just clamied to see no evidence yet u banned me for my reply to it your a joker , How in gods name are you MOD ?
    Look at the above and ask yourself how are you a fair person if your blantly lieing

You "Seen no evidence " really you think thats a fair comment ? If thats not bullying in your book then you really need to go get educated if your going to moderate on a well ysed site because your clueless

Id 100% like another mod to just look at your last post and see if its fair shake iv got from you

• Advertisement

Again iv not cause trouble at all ,
    iv called out Fred the Red because hes a bully and thats what lead to a ban ,
    You said you gave me extra yellows, This alone shows you musy have gone bavk with fine comb to find something to try bavk up your senseless and unfair argument
    I Can bet you anymoney you havent given them to your little bUddies no chance , sure there aloud say amd do what they like unwarned and unchecked
    Your bias its a simple fact

his alone shows you musy have gone bavk with fine comb to find something to try bavk up your senseless and unfair argument
    I told you when I PM'd you about your threadban that I was going to review your posts in the thread that day. The yellow resulted from that review

Anyway, I've nothing further to say on the topic as I have repeatedly set out to you the reasons for the threadban in the first place and the consequences of your breach of that threadban. I am not wasting any more time on you.

Advertisement