Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodderbrook Ballycullen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I saw the show houses earlier, very nice. Heating is by air source heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dantheman89

I saw the show houses earlier, very nice. Heating is by air source heat pump.

Nice. You must know a builder. I am friends with a plasterer working there and said they are nice too. Got the Brochure from DNG there. Prices up another 2,500.

Nice. You must know a builder. I am friends with a plasterer working there and said they are nice too. Got the Brochure from DNG there. Prices up another 2,500.

They invited the neighbours in for a sneak peak today. Open to everyone on Saturday at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

guile4582 wrote: »
    i need to get to UCD

They are planning a route to UCD in the near future if it's not already running which will run via the Firhouse Rd

http://ucdestates.ie/blog/2016/02/09/new-shuttle-bus-service-tallaght-to-ucd/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Transport - Buses are 10 mins walk away. This estate might bring it down closer.
    Part of the local area plan is indeed to move the 15/15B bus terminus away from Hunterswood/Ballycullen Road and down outside the LIDL instead, where they could theoretically use some of that vacant land as a bus lay-by.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DilemmaDan

seamus wrote: »
    Part of the local area plan is indeed to move the 15/15B bus terminus away from Hunterswood/Ballycullen Road and down outside the LIDL instead, where they could theoretically use some of that vacant land as a bus lay-by.

There's already bus lay-bys built near Lidl but they've never been used from what I could see. I imagine Dublin Bus is more of a hurdle with this than SDCC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DilemmaDan wrote: »
    There's already bus lay-bys built near Lidl but they've never been used from what I could see. I imagine Dublin Bus is more of a hurdle with this than SDCC though.
    No turning room there though. There's also a school planned in that vacant space, so a large lay-by with room to park two busses and drive through and turn others would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

seamus wrote: »
    No turning room there though. There's also a school planned in that vacant space, so a large lay-by with room to park two busses and drive through and turn others would be ideal.

No the school has been vetoed there in favour of property development.

Dublin Bus say they won't go further up the Old Court Road without a large roundabout to turn on.

Plenty of pictures up on daft. Looks impessive!

I wonder what time people will start to arrive tomorrow. Its a hard one to guage as havn't seen many new builds to benchmark off since the boom. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Went up there this morning. No one around but houses open for trades by the looks of it.

Actually fairly familiar with the site through work. Would be half tempted but the location would put me off

godtabh wrote: »
    Went up there this morning. No one around but houses open for trades by the looks of it.

Actually fairly familiar with the site through work. Would be half tempted but the location would put me off

When u say trades, do you mean taking deposits?

Was around there to but not much going on..

When u say trades, do you mean taking deposits?

Was around there to but not much going on..

Think he means a few trades people wandering around.

It was mahem around there and they opened the sales office 40 mind early.

Anyone else take the plunge? I put a booking deposit on a 3 bed on the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Congrats to you.

Hoping to make it along tomorrow at some stage. I'm more just curious though, not looking to buy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was at 4 different developments today. There is a lot of interest in new builds.

Congrats to you.

Hoping to make it along tomorrow at some stage. I'm more just curious though, not looking to buy.

Thanks! The two people that went in with us bought either side so refreshing to know our neighbours are nice!

Congrats, is your one built already or off the plans?

Congrats, is your one built already or off the plans?

Thanks. It's off the plans. 9 Dodderbrook Park. Meant to be ready in August but expecting October.

Thanks. It's off the plans. 9 Dodderbrook Park. Meant to be ready in August but expecting October.

I think it'll be a really nice estate. Not overcrowded like some of the new areas.
    I live in one of the cottages right beside it so we're excited to see who'll be moving in. We have three young kids but there's no one for them to play with along the road so we're hoping they'll get some new friends.
    You must be buzzing now.

• Advertisement

I think it'll be a really nice estate. Not overcrowded like some of the new areas.
    I live in one of the cottages right beside it so we're excited to see who'll be moving in. We have three young kids but there's no one for them to play with along the road so we're hoping they'll get some new friends.
    You must be buzzing now.

I bet I was talking to your mam in there! Kids are 2, 3 and 5. My girlfriend was chatting to her for ages? Well if it is any indication, everyone that was there seemed very nice. Unfortunately, we have no kids yet 😆

I bet I was talking to your mam in there! Kids are 2, 3 and 5. My girlfriend was chatting to her for ages? Well if it is any indication, everyone that was there seemed very nice. Unfortunately, we have no kids yet 😆

That's hilarious, that was my mother alright. She went over today and I'm not sure why as she isn't buying and she already saw the show houses last Wednesday. She could talk for Ireland.

That's hilarious, that was my mother alright. She went over today and I'm not sure why as she isn't buying and she already saw the show houses last Wednesday. She could talk for Ireland.

Probably to guage the people moving in. Can't blame her! It's a small world. We are in Ballycragh at the moment so close enough I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Hey;

I viewed the houses today and thought the layout was good. I live in the area aswell.

I'm a bit concerned with parking as there doesn't seem to be much around the houses.

I noticed the amount of water in the fields beside the development and recent drainage work done on the road. This got me thinking there might be a risk of flooding and so had a read of the planning permission on sdcc.ie:

Two things stood out:

1. Extensive work needs to be done according to there own consultant Delphi Planning on Drainage, as they have to alter the original development layout.
    2. The address for the Planning Permission is South of Oldcourt Road, Oldcourt, Firhouse, Dublin 24. This is not Ballycullen as DNG are advertising.

Planning Permission Docs are here:

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD14A/0180

I would suggest anyone buying to have a good read.

Kingkong wrote: »
    Hey;

I viewed the houses today and thought the layout was good. I live in the area aswell.

I'm a bit concerned with parking as there doesn't seem to be much around the houses.

I noticed the amount of water in the fields beside the development and recent drainage work done on the road. This got me thinking there might be a risk of flooding and so had a read of the planning permission on sdcc.ie:

Two things stood out:

1. Extensive work needs to be done according to there own consultant Delphi Planning on Drainage, as they have to alter the original development layout.
    2. The address for the Planning Permission is South of Oldcourt Road, Oldcourt, Firhouse, Dublin 24. This is not Ballycullen as DNG are advertising.

Planning Permission Docs are here:

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD14A/0180

I would suggest anyone buying to have a good read.

The field used to flood a bit due to the small pipe which passed under the Oldcourt Road becoming blocked with branches and leaves. The river would back up and onto the GAA pitch.
    That was replaced a couple of weeks back with a new culvert 4m wide by 1.5m high. It's a monster and zero chance of getting blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

We bought off plans back in December so it's been great to see the houses take shape over the past couple of weeks.

We're really happy with the size and finish of the houses- our first is due in August and it looks like there'll be a lot of families in the estate. A friend of ours also bought today.

It's all very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Did you see the massive orange pipes in the field. What are they for?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Howdy neighbours!

Me and the wife bought number 1 Dodderbrook Park today. House and location ticked the boxes so finally (finally!) after moving to Dublin 9 years ago and renting, we've bought a house. Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Congrats to those that bought. Looking forward to being neighbours.

There's a Dodderbrook Residents FB page, if anyone who bought a property is interested, or anyone in the local vicinity.

• Advertisement

dublinscot wrote: »
    Howdy neighbours!

Me and the wife bought number 1 Dodderbrook Park today. House and location ticked the boxes so finally (finally!) after moving to Dublin 9 years ago and renting, we've bought a house. Exciting times!

Hi :). Nice to meet you! I bought no. 9 with my girlfriend. Glad that it appears to be all buyers moving in. I had a fear there would be investors buying to rent out.

I met a few people that bought on the road two (the developers friend bought no. 7 and an Asian couple bought no. 11). Such a relief to know that on the face of it, we will be living next to nice people.

I think August is a little optimistic from DNG. I am thinking late October. Any other opinions?

Advertisement