Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Argos Catalogue

Options
  • 31-07-2005 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

Out yesterday and anybody notice how BIG it's getting 1642 pages :eek:
    Spring/Summer edition had only 1154 pages, it's nearly getting too big to carry now.

There are some good bargains in it especially noticed some DVD Recorders that were cheaper than DID and Power City (that's a first)!
    i.e. Philips 80gd HD for 449.99 in Argos
    DID 499.99, Power City 489.99.
    Xtravision also doing good prices on DVD Recorders.

Not sure which is the bargain here but page 840.
    Maxell DVD +RW (5 pack) price 9.99
    Maxell DVD +RW (10 pack) price 29.99
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Two new Transformers Alternators models available too. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Are there any new additions to the computer parts section ?? A new argos just opened up in navan :D , wondering if i should take a walk and go pick this new 1 up :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Anything I price checked was cheaper in Power city and online. But its a handy place to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BumFluffy

The hitachi 7" PORTAble DVD €149 seems good
    OR a 6.2" one €119

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I just noticed from www.argos.ie that there's a few Argos Extra stores in Ireland, which expands what's available. "Extra" stuff is available at all stores in England but I'm not sure about Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

OFDM wrote:
    I just noticed from www.argos.ie that there's a few Argos Extra stores in Ireland, which expands what's available. "Extra" stuff is available at all stores in England but I'm not sure about Ireland.

the catalogue says extra items are available through any store but you have to pre order for the items in non extra stores takes aboout 4 days according to the catalogue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

It's mighty impressive the new catalogue,just picked one up yesterday.
    They just keep adding more products it's crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Any well priced tv's? Iv been looking for one recently

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

I use the catalogue as a reference guide to anything that I am buying eg specs etc. Most of the goods can be got cheaper elsewhere but the differential is getting smaller. The sale offers that they have can throw up a bargain or too. Make sure that you recycle the old ones guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Red05

WICKL0W wrote:
    I use the catalogue as a reference guide to anything that I am buying eg specs etc. Most of the goods can be got cheaper elsewhere but the differential is getting smaller. The sale offers that they have can throw up a bargain or too. Make sure that you recycle the old ones guys !

Yeah thats what I do too. Its an excellent reference guide - but things can be found much cheaper elsewhere, usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

okidoki987 wrote:

Not sure which is the bargain here but page 840.
    Maxell DVD +RW (5 pack) price 9.99
    Maxell DVD +RW (10 pack) price 29.99
    :confused:

Neither are bargains.
    I recently got 25 Philips +RW in PC World for €29.99 and SVP are doing 10 Ritek ones for €5.77.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What is a bargain though is Forza Motorsport for XBox for €45. No big deal you say, but they are throwing in a sterring wheel thingie as well for free!! it says it is worth €30...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

What about the Freecom external DVD-+RW recorder for 139.99 (p.987) Price drop of 60euro - a bargain or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bri wrote:
    What about the Freecom external DVD-+RW recorder for 139.99 (p.987) Price drop of 60euro - a bargain or not?

thats not bad, i paid 150euros for mine in pc world about 3 months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Good stuff thanks for that.

<Dragging off topic>
    How'd you find it by the way?
    </Dragging off topic>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Argos will work out cheaper if u live near 1, saves on transport costs, and face it, its just damn convinient :) . The price difference has just gotten so small with many things its not worth the hassle to go mission to find the cheaper offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh a few things are quite cheap.Most or all the ps2/xbox games dont go past 44.99€.

The 128mb mp3 player with external sd slot isnt bad for 29.99 either.It even has a display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are they doing plasma or lcd tv's ??

I think they have both im not to sure though i had a quick glimpse at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Always keep an eye out for the "Specials" leaflet.
    Normally they have a look around other retailers and reduce the prices of some items if they are too dear. As stated above, they are getting closer and closer to other retail stores for a lot of their items. If you have a catalogue of 1600 odd pages that is printed weeks in advance, it's impossible to be cheapest for everything but it's certainly a good guide if you're checking elsewhere.
    One of the great things about Argos is you can get everything (within reason) there so if you get a gift voucher for there, you should find something there that you need/want. Good place to buy vouchers for kids birthday presents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

okidoki987 wrote:
    One of the great things about Argos is you can get everything (within reason) there so if you get a gift voucher for there, you should find something there that you need/want. Good place to buy vouchers for kids birthday presents.

I can't understand why people give gift vouchers, they are very annoying, why not just give cash instead, it is far more useful.

BTW if you must really give a gift voucher, then HMV or Waterstones are a good bet, as they work in one anothers stores.

HMV

in the Bargains Forum :confused:

HMV are very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Can anyone tell me if the exclusive TV Argos is doing is any good? Its the 21inch flat one, think its around 150. Good deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Argos could do with a customer rating system on their website so people can rate their products.

Come to think of it, some enterprising individual could set up a website called rateargosproducts and make loadsamoney :D

Is it the whalefedale T.v your on about?

Why not buy it and try it?
    If you don't like it, return it within 16 days and get your money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Used to stack out the new catalogues every launch, sooo glad I'm not still there, I'd be in bits!

There's a good deal more wireless computer stuff (modems, adapters etc).
    There's even SNOWBOARDS!! :eek: :)

Also, there's often some fantastic reductions on old-catalogue stock so keep an eye out for the leaflets and use the instore stock checker to find anything you had your eye on in the old one, 'cos they keep the stock 'til it's sold off.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 srhand

Laughing myself sick at some of the things that are for sale. Will people really spend 17euro on a facial mask and inhaler mask when a bowl of boiling water does the same thing?

I take it Argos in Dublin you worked in?I remember the luanch when i worked there,I think it was the Green and yellow book....anyway your back aches after lifting so many packs......

• Advertisement
Advertisement