Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Cheap SD cards.

• 02-08-2005 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a 512mb SD card for around 30ish with a good read speed for video playback. I looked on komplett and Amazon but the delivery is too much for such a small item.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Little bit more than your stated price but have a look here. Delivery is free, service is good and it's close enough to be economically sound to return if you've a problem. EUR44 for 66 speed, though I'm unfamiliar with the brand. Or EUR45 for Transcend 45 speed which should do rather well if your camera has a good enough transfer speed itself. I went for the Transcend 1gig card lately. It's currently EUR83 (95 when I got it a month ago) and it's rather good.

For something like this with a relatively low value (fi you're going 512MB) I'd stay away from ebay as if there's any hassle you may end up sending it back to the far east at your expense. Others will doubtless disagree. Few if any will knock the site recommended though. If you can wait a month or two you might well get the card you want at the price you yearn for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

TomCo wrote:
    Im looking for a 512mb SD card for around 30ish with a good read speed for video playback. I looked on komplett and Amazon but the delivery is too much for such a small item.

I have been using this
    crowd for a few years now, @ €26 for a 512mb SD card it's the cheapest anywhere in EU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Thanks alot guys for those links. Unfortunatly the guy who was selling the PDA I was buying the card for pulled out on the day I was supposed to collect it :(

So maybe the price will have gone down, like sceptre said, by the time I finally get a PDA into my hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

www.expansys.ie are good too!

lensman wrote:
    it's the cheapest anywhere in EU
    Jersey isn't in the EU:)

Great price, reliable site with a deservedly good reputation and hence a good recommendation from you. No mention of speed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I usually buy things like that from Ebay - you usually get great deals for Memory Card there.

sceptre wrote:
    Jersey isn't in the EU:)
    it's Guernsey :p:p:p

I bought two (2gb) compact flash cards from them recently at £99 each,
    the lable says they are "keymem" brand but it turns out that they are rebadged samsung 80x high speed cards with 12MB/Sec. Read/Write Speed.
    see here for review of samsung memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭daveathome_16

i saw loads of those cards on ebay.. new ones for about 20 i think.

have a look there

lensman wrote:
    it's Guernsey :p:p:p
    Touché:)

Interesting about the cards you got. Was there any indication when you were purchasing them that they were 80x and almost certainly pretty damn good?

sceptre wrote:
    Touché:)

Interesting about the cards you got. Was there any indication when you were purchasing them that they were 80x and almost certainly pretty damn good?

I did check out the "keymem" name before hand which led me to the review site !,...I then emailed 7dayshop who they confirmed that samsung was indeed the manufacture...... :D:D:D:D happy days

• Advertisement
Advertisement