Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pennys site construction

Options
  • 12-11-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Just enquiring about the work on the new Pennys. Have the builders started yet or whats the plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Not started the planning is being appealed.
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/307766.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Any idea of the reasons for the appeal?

From the outside looking in it looks like Carlow is a difficult place to do business. Didnt TKMaxx have trouble too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Any idea of the reasons for the appeal?

From the outside looking in it looks like Carlow is a difficult place to do business. Didnt TKMaxx have trouble too?

The reason for the appeal is simple, have a look at the two names who have objected one is the manager the other is assistant manager of Carlow shopping center

iano.p wrote: »
    The reason for the appeal is simple, have a look at the two names who have objected one is the manager the other is assistant manager of Carlow shopping center

Haha thats gas, so I take it there will be very little hold up on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Haha thats gas, so I take it there will be very little hold up on this.

I couldn't imagine a big hold up but It's a process that can be dragged out for years. All depending on how much people are willing to spend. My question would be are the two boys just doing this themselves if they are and they lose that could be the end of the matter. If it's there bosses they have the funds to drag this out.

My own opinion on this the owners of the shopping center didn't want to put there own names on the objection because of the back lash and bad mouthing they done to the fairgreen stopped there development (TK max) I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine a big hold up but It's a process that can be dragged out for years. All depending on how much people are willing to spend. My question would be are the two boys just doing this themselves if they are and they lose that could be the end of the matter. If it's there bosses they have the funds to drag this out.

My own opinion on this the owners of the shopping center didn't want to put there own names on the objection because of the back lash and bad mouthing they done to the fairgreen stopped there development (TK max) I could be wrong.

Looks like you could say they have history of showing their political sway. Watch this space.

Advertisement