Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven pride / Oven Brite

Options
  • 27-08-2020 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Are these gone off the market, not to be found in any shop that I've been to recently in Galway

And how the heck am I supposed to clean my oven trays now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Ah no, the industrial gear with the bag I'm after

Amazon have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dealz do the same thing for €1.50

Same chemical.

con747 wrote: »
    Amazon have it.

That's the next port of call, but did they take it off the market or whatm

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dealz do the same thing for €1.50

Same chemical.

What's that called?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Dealz normally have it or their equivalent in stock if there is one near you .

Have used it recently and works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think it’s called Mighty Oven, been using it for years.

Dealz here I come

Blowheads wrote: »
    That's the next port of call, but did they take it off the market or whatm

Aldi and Tesco list it but Tesco online has it as out of stock, Aldi say it's in stock but it would be a lucky dip I reckon in which stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Dealz normally have it or their equivalent in stock if there is one near you .

Have used it recently and works a treat

I'd rather not know what the active ingredient is in Oven Pride but it certainly take the elbow grease out of cleaning an oven.

As said Dealz or Mr Price usually have the same type products.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

I didn't make this mess, it's the product of about a decade of students wrecking the oven.

I tried elbow grease with exhausting but fairly effective results, got tired and tried baking soda and vinegar, ran out of that and now I'm about to hurl it out the door.

What will get this clean?
    537411.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Get more baking soda, that will work.

Otherwise use kitchen cleaner and leave it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with all the power you can give it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I never got good results with Baking soda and vinegar on my Whirlpool oven by following various videos on Youtube or following online instructions. They may be adequate for ovens with light new grease but for thick burnt on grease I have found that the brush on Oven Pride is the only way to go. My local Tesco seem to sell out of it very quick and its not on the shelf then for a good spell again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I think oven pride is a caustic soda gel. Care needed when using, that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Never tried this myself but apparently a dishwasher tablet works. Takes lots of elbow grease though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

In the summer time I have taken off any items that are removable from the hob and ovens and placed them in a large plastic dust bin that has a tight fitting lid. DO THIS OUTDOORS. Have everything in place, raise the lid and turn your head away as you dump in the full bottle of ammonia (it stinks). Close the lid and leave overnight. The following day wash off the items with a garden hose. Gives a mirror finish without any scratch marks.

I have never tried this indoors. but it would be an ideal solution for a rental property.

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/clean-your-oven-the-smarter-way/

Advertisement