Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places and contacts

Options
  • 24-03-2006 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

If anyone has been somewhere a few times and has found the best instructors/rental places to get their gear (i.e. cheapest/best) then please start a thread with the name of the place and let the rest of us know so we can beat the learning curve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shaunie007

My girlfriend and I have decided to go ski-ing/boarding at the start of January (the 2nd probably).

Neither of us have been before, therefore we would be extremley grateful for any adivce with regards to destination, accomadation, ski schools etc...

Also, when it comes to cost, I've been told by a few friends that France would be the most expensive for night life: eating out, bars etc... so where would people recommend us to go to get the most for our €???

Cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Hi shaunie007 and welcome to boards.

If you could try re-posting your question over on the Winter Sports forum you'll get a better response as this forum isn't really used much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

shaunie007 wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I have decided to go ski-ing/boarding at the start of January (the 2nd probably).

Neither of us have been before, therefore we would be extremley grateful for any adivce with regards to destination, accomadation, ski schools etc...

Also, when it comes to cost, I've been told by a few friends that France would be the most expensive for night life: eating out, bars etc... so where would people recommend us to go to get the most for our €???

Cheers

I'd recommend Livigno in Italy as a great starting out spot. Its duty free so everything is really reasonable price wise and the craic is usually really good too. I believe Andorra is cheap too but I've never been there so couldnt really comment on what its like.

Advertisement