Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Weather Woman

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Just have to have a rant here on this weather women topic. Naula Carey, why do you have to stand in front of everything????:mad:????
    Seriously, everytime she is on she stands in front of the screen behide her and by the time she moves she onto the next screen you have missed everything, why?
    In the world weather reports they all stood in the way of Perth W.A and we couldnt see anything, i grew up in Perth, so for a laugh my girlfriend emailed them and told them the craic. A day later we got a email back saying sorry and lone behold they all moved EXCEPT WHO???
    Sorry for this rant, just bugs me when shes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Gerry is now head of the General Forecasting Division in Met Éireann. Often seen giving insight on the news during spells of extreme weather but doesn't present anymore.
    He's Siobhan Ryan's boss........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jonno_B

I think she's amazing. So hot and very good already. Wishing her the best in her new role and can't wait to see her again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Jonno_B wrote: »
    I think she's amazing. So hot and very good already. Wishing her the best in her new role and can't wait to see her again soon.

Tell her all on boards weather wish her all the best when you see her again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

When it comes to weather women, there's none nicer than Kate Bilo!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Jonno_B wrote: »

hmmmm . . .:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cbstar

I don't think she's any good. Very boring speaker - I've no confidence in what she's saying. Very heavily made up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Cbstar wrote: »
    I don't think she's any good. Very boring speaker - I've no confidence in what she's saying. Very heavily made up too.

You sound like one of those smug, fat cat judges on Dragon's Den!

She is only new to public broadcasting. She is just very nervous which is completely understandable as standing before the nation giving them a forecast is hardly, I imagine, the easiest thing in the world to do. Seriously, would you do any better? As for the make up, can't say I noticed that much, but I have to say she is a tome looking bueor regardless...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

It's ok Deep ,they obviously haven't anything worth saying here.

5 posts in over 2 years. Back to the dungeons with you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

dexter647 wrote: »
    Rem jean byrne when she started..gasping for air the whole time:D
    WolfeIRE wrote: »
    yes, remember jean when her saliva build up issues were uncontrollable in the early days. Barely one or two gulps nowadays
    mike65 wrote: »
    A few spangly dresses might help! :p
    She's all hands at the moment

Steady on lads.....kids read these posts :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on Jean. God, what a woman. I'd leave home for her but only if she gets rid of those damn cats :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Siobhan said the weather after the 6 news today and I thought it was Nuala Carey! She also said there could be "an inch" of rain on Friday and that it would be a "washout":( Shes already better than Gerry Murphy........."we can expect rain and economic depression in the West".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Watched her give that forecast and i have to say i like her.( Presenting )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

dfbemt wrote: »
    Steady on lads.....kids read these posts :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on Jean. God, what a woman. I'd leave home for her but only if she gets rid of those damn cats :D

Correction - it's kids that write these posts:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

redsunset wrote: »
    Watched her give that forecast and i have to say i like her.( Presenting )

She has got more confident since she first started and I think she's good.
    Best of luck to her. Not an easy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I think the new lady will do very nicely. I wish her good luck, rather her than me standing in front of the nation, giving my ha'pence worth on what the weather is going to do!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

It would be hard to downright impossible to imagine John Eagleton or Gerry Murphy trying this style of presenting on the RTE weather:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

gbee wrote: »
    Yes, its like as if they just recorded her training roughs and broadcast that.

And its not like its live, someone made a decision that this was good enough, they do several takes, as we all know, no one knows which one or combination will get used.

I'd say it's more a reflection on who passed this for broadcast, the presenter seems more than capable IMO.
    The broadcasts are live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

200motels wrote: »
    Who is the new Weather Woman on RTE? I have to say she's useless.

I started this thread and I have to hold my hands up and say she's not useless but very good and getting better all the time, but where oh where is the Eagle?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

i am afriad the eagle hasnt been seen on TV since Aug 24th.....not good....a real worry....lets hope its just a sabbatical. but he is on the radio so I am not very confident. I think Ms Ryan has taken his place.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I think Siobhan is doing a great job and improving all the time, I am sure she was naturally nervous in the beginning.
    I like her, it is always a bit different when we get new presenters but she is a Met Eireann employee so she is well qualified for what she presents and it takes time to settle into a new role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Min wrote: »
    I think Siobhan is doing a great job and improving all the time, I am sure she was naturally nervous in the beginning.
    I like her, it is always a bit different when we get new presenters but she is a Met Eireann employee so she is well qualified for what she presents and it takes time to settle into a new role.

Yeah she is good, but i just hope she not replacing the eagle on tv. His folksy presentation is inimitable and will be badly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Yeah she is good, but i just hope she not replacing the eagle on tv. His folksy presentation is inimitable and will be badly missed.

Here here

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jocmilt

Siobhan Ryan is just gorgeous. Of course she is nervous and that is a good sign. It shows she is not a narcissistic twat like most of the rest of the self obsessed prima donnas. Her accent is perfect and is a refreshing change from the ridiculous 'rhiendabout' accents of the other narcissistic twats. I hope she is the sign of things to come in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Guramoogah

Is she the wan that keeps referring to "the get go"? I fcuking hate that phrase. American shïte. Irish people don't use that phrase so why should an Irish television presenter use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Potbellydog

Yeah she seems pretty sweet and is a understandably a bit nervous for a beginner. seen her wear a lovely brown leather skirt thisevening and i nearly fired my load !
    Now with a face and body like hers in Jeans leather gear ? The winning combination. Go on you good thing.

Advertisement