Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix 2019 - Oct 6th - Oct 12th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Heading up for the final.

My prediction: Hendo-VdvV final :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

8 games to fit in tonight, it could be a late one!

I expect one or two upsets tonight with the reasonably short format and set play.

Poor enough crowd there. I've said this the last few years but I'm surprised the PDC haven't tried to move the tournament from Dublin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Surprised they haven't ever done afternoon games in this tournament yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Smith v Whitlock the battle of the bottlejobs

TbL

MVG can be dangerous when hes down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

That 135 wow, that was magic. Mvg is hard to beat even when he is playing badly!.

VvDV is a right miserable git, no fight or bottle when it isn’t going perfectly for him!

Completely throws it away, what a terrible attitude, he’ll never win anything remotely important.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

crowds seem small and atmosphere flat.

poteen wrote: »
    crowds seem small and atmosphere flat.

Nopparts throwing speed is not helping it

The PDC must have a long contract with citywest that it's never been moved. Crowds seem down every year except the weekend nights and final rounds

Imagine this been in Germany or Holland they would be wild no matter what night it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Only seems to be a couple hundred there at most

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Without actually knowing the ticket price, it must be one of the best value nights of the darting year.
    8 decent length games, and always some good encounters because it's near enough Top 32 in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Not a single 180 score between Durrant and ratajski after 11 legs. Long time since that's happened on tv id say

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The PDC must have a long contract with citywest that it's never been moved. Crowds seem down every year except the weekend nights and final rounds

Imagine this been in Germany or Holland they would be wild no matter what night it is

I said it earlier in the thread, I'm amazed that such a huge tournament hasn't been moved.

In fairness, the Citywest is not an easy to place to get home from late at night but the crowd was extremely bad last night. It will be the same until the Thursday night. Even the final on the Saturday night tends not be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I said it earlier in the thread, I'm amazed that such a huge tournament hasn't been moved.

In fairness, the Citywest is not an easy to place to get home from late at night but the crowd was extremely bad last night. It will be the same until the Thursday night. Even the final on the Saturday night tends not be sold out.

TV deal?

Surely the Netherlands or Germany would have bigger crowds for it.

It gets better as the week goes on but the first round format is too short. Easy to understand why certain players don't like it.

Its a bit of gamble from a spectators POV if u have tickets for after the 1st round as some of the big guns could be gone

been there 3 times from 2014/2015 and never seen a few big players at it such as Phil Taylor, James Wade. The seating can be a nightmare as people have the tendency not to go by the allocated seats and take them to sit with there group. Best ones to get our the front or end of the tables. It is a good night out tbf but prefer the premier league

Its deff in Dublin again for 2020 4th-10th Oct 2020

Anderson was terrible but Dobey looked very solid. Excellent on doubles

TbL

Great win for Durrant, played very well and cool under pressure

He’ll be hard to beat

TbL

Great win for Durrant, played very well and cool under pressure

He’ll be hard to beat

He's very likeable too, I hope he goes on and wins the tournament.

All seeds bar MvG have now been knocked out. The Grand Prix is definitely the best tournament for shocks and surprise runs.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    He's very likeable too, I hope he goes on and wins the tournament.

All seeds bar MvG have now been knocked out. The Grand Prix is definitely the best tournament for shocks and surprise runs.

Agreed and the format can make it very exciting, you can be looking comfortable and don’t get off and then find yourself struggling, always a better than usual chance of the player doing the chasing reeling in the other player.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Would love to see Dobey or Durrant win this but I think it'll be chizzys

US2 wrote: »
    Would love to see Dobey or Durrant win this but I think it'll be chizzys

Think the pressure will ultimately get to Chizzy, reminds me of Michael Smith, very heavy scorer when he’s on it but fragile under pressure

TbL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

chizzy is like Michael Smith, Joe Cullen, Ian White, a player that has never won a major title in their entire career.
    Just like Terry Jenkins, andy Hamilton, Ronnie Baxter, Chris Mason,Wayne Mardle.

The funniest part is people like Mason and Mardle who have won nothing of note EVER are the ones giving advice on how to win things...laughable.

People can slate Wade for his attitude or gurney for his miserable attitude, or price for his shenanigans etc but they are all proven major winners, the ones named in the first paragraph are just there to make up the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hopefully a duzza v mvg final, chizzy always collapses against mvg anywhere near a final, thats assuming dobey is a gonner.

Chizzy will get whipped in the final too

Well done on getting to the final Chizzy, commiserations in advance for losing it :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I just can't see any way that Dobey beats MvG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Honestly I can't see any way that Chizzy beats him either. Reckon it'll be a comfortable win tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

be surprised if chizzy even gets a set

• Advertisement

Agreed. Can see Chizzy getting murdered tonight by mvg. Similar to Bully in the worlds.

Advertisement