Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    how will the lidl section of the relief road tie into the dual carrage from newbridge towards toughers?

439524.jpg

There's an existing exit built beyond the hedge near where the lanes merge approaching Pfizer

Visible here: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.1939478,-6.7655812,586m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭richiek83

Hi folks,

Decision due on Courtyard SC extension on the 25th Jan. They responded to subsequent further information in late December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

GavMan wrote: »

There's an existing exit built beyond the hedge near where the lanes merge approaching Pfizer

yea i am aware of that. my question was if a truck comes out of the new warehouse and wants to go to dublin how does he get from the new roundabout across the dual carriage way?

The new roundabout will be on the dual carriageway (5 arm roundabout I think is planned) with one of those arms for access to the relief road and consequently the Lidl Warehouse.

Courtyard SC Extension granted planning permission by KCC. Conditions not yet uploaded to site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

richiek83 wrote: »
    Courtyard SC Extension granted planning permission by KCC. Conditions not yet uploaded to site.

so what happens now? do they have to wait for any objections or can they move ahead with construction when ever they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    so what happens now? do they have to wait for any objections or can they move ahead with construction when ever they like?

They have to wait for objections I believe. Interested parties have 4 weeks to appeal to An Bord Pleanala.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

They have to wait for objections I believe. Interested parties have 4 weeks to appeal to An Bord Pleanala.

You can only appeal if you submitted an official objection during the planning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Was just wandering who owns the old " Irish ropes hostel " Beside the whitewater shopping centre. It's a terrible eyesore when you come in to town from the Killcullen direction surely if the whitewater own it they would have developed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

lanomist wrote: »
    Was just wandering who owns the old " Irish ropes hostel " Beside the whitewater shopping centre. It's a terrible eyesore when you come in to town from the Killcullen direction surely if the whitewater own it they would have developed it.

I think there’s some sort of protection on that building, which is madness as yes if it’s the same building that I think you’re on about it really does need to be knocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

any more updates on the proposed skate park to be placed in the green opposite Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The decision date got pushed back to 6th February.

Decision made - permission granted with some conditions. Reading the report it looks like the reviewer didn't give much weight to the concerns of the residents of Roseberry Hill regarding traffic and sanitation.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/249/R249158.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Decision made - permission granted with some conditions. Reading the report it looks like the reviewer didn't give much weight to the concerns of the residents of Roseberry Hill regarding traffic and sanitation.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/reports/249/R249158.pdf

Thanks for the link Circular Flexing. As I live in RH, this needs serious scrutiny before commenting further.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Petermc83 wrote: »
    any more updates on the proposed skate park to be placed in the green opposite Dunnes?

I'm also interested about this. Last I heard, plans had been submitted to the CoCo. Haven't seen them yet myself.

Petermc83 wrote: »
    my understanding is that it has or  it is due to go to tender very soon. It was due to go to tender towards the end of last year but not sure if that happened in that timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anthony.mockler

my understanding is that it has or  it is due to go to tender very soon. It was due to go to tender towards the end of last year but not sure if that happened in that timeline.

Tender has been and gone and was successful as far as I know the preferred contractor is being chosen.

Not to much longer until the construction starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

I believe the County Council housing development on Athgarvan road is well ahead of schedule , expected to be finished by June. Watching progress on a daily basis and can't believe the amount of insulation going into them. The engineer tells me they will be r1 rated and a few candles will heat them. They also have solar panels, one of the workers says they could have built seventy normal houses for the money it's costing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Private houses in Ireland are usually built so badly I wouldn't be surprised. Council properties have always been built to the actual standards rather than some fly by nights version of them.

L1011 wrote: »
    Private houses in Ireland are usually built so badly I wouldn't be surprised. Council properties have always been built to the actual standards rather than some fly by nights version of them.

Where's your evidence to make this statement about private houses?? My house was built in the boom ( 2006 ), and I have to say no problems so far.

Hi folks,

This has been appealed to An Board Pleanala. Not sure who has appealed but it should be on council website next week.

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

This has been appealed to An Board Pleanala. Not sure who has appealed but it should be on council website next week.

If I had to place a friendly wager, I'd say Dunnes Stores...

Speaking of Dunne's they must be the most anti Newbridge shop going. Opposition opens up Dunne's build a wall which Roger Waters would be proud of.
    Now this ( I agree with the previous comment on the opposition coming from Dunne's).

I drove past their car park yesterday, & am amazed how people still shop there.

Hi folks,

You could be right. They made a submission during the planning process not objecting or supporting but just to be kept informed. If it is them, a delaying tactic. Only other likely scenario could be the developers appealing conditions of planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

You could be right. They made a submission during the planning process not objecting or supporting but just to be kept informed. If it is them, a delaying tactic. Only other likely scenario could be the developers appealing conditions of planning permission.

You can object if you only made an observation. Appeals must come from a someone who lodged an original objection. Only the likes of An Taisce can object after the original planning process is complete.

The developers of the Courtyard SC have appealed to ABP. Presumably appealing the conditions (possible financial appeal).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is there any shops or garages open around Newbridge today?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Is there any shops or garages open around Newbridge today?

The only one I know was open at least about hour ago was Daybreak across from garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

All lidl's opening at 2pm. My brother is a mananger of one and an email went around to all of them.

Questionable what stock will be like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

They are updating on facebook now. Not all stores will be reopening. Its at the managers discretion as to whether they can get staff in. the list so far is

Sligo
    Bundoran
    Ballybofey
    Both Dundalk stores
    Ardee
    Ballina - Bury St
    Ballina - Bohernasup
    Westport
    Castlebar
    Both Letterkenny stores
    Dungloe
    Milford