Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Within Temptation

Options
  • 24-05-2006 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard thier live album "The silent force tour" them's pretty good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The DVD of that performance is spectacular. As much as I enjoy TSF and Mother Earth, I prefer their older stuff like Enter and The Dance. I miss Robert Westerholts vocals, although they did use them in the song Jane Doe. I hope the new album (due out this year!) doesnt leave out his growls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ya, I love them. Don't think her voice holdsup to some of her peers but it works, so meh.
    I know I enjoy them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I think Within Temptation are fantastic. I only have Mother Earth and The Silent Force so I'm not familiar with their earlier material. I'm going to see them at the Download festival this summer. Hopefully their sound will translate well to a live setting. Their synth/keyboard player will have his work cut out I'd say :)

I'd advise you to get TSF DVD or Mother Earth DVD to see what they are like live. They are brilliant. They use backing tracks for the orchestral parts of the Mother Earth and TSF songs, so Stephen doesnt have to do such a hard job. Oh yeah get Enter, its the best of their previous 2 cds.

Is this the Silent Force DVD you mean? The tracklist on it looks good.

With regard to backing tracks, your username reminded me of the Nightwish gig I went to in London last year :) Ghost Love Score was their last song and I remember wondering how exactly they were going to handle the vocals on it. Lo and behold it became clear - a backing tape! Unfortunately Tarja was shattered at this point and had a little bit of difficulty matching the tape. Mind you, it was still a cracking gig.

Anyway, that's completely a little bit off-topic, I just hope the Within Temptation backing tape doesn't dominate their sound too much.

• Advertisement

Thats the DVD I'm talking about, now go buy it and watch it surround sound! I was at both the Nightwish gigs in London too!

I will once I get some spare cash together! Had to pay off the remainder of what I owe for Download 2006 lately so that has hit my finances hard.
    Nightwish wrote:
    I was at both the Nightwish gigs in London too!

Which night did you prefer? Did Tristania do support for both?

Speaking of Download, I was gutted in 2005 that Nightwish didn't manage to play their full set. Still though, Marco's toast to "the bastard baggage handlers in Vienna airport" was funny in it's own way.

Tristania only did the support for the Astoria gig and Paradise Lost were the support in Hammersmith. I preferred the second gig cos they were able to put on the full pyro show and it was much more spectacular, visually. I also got to get 2 plecks from Emppu, so that was a bonus too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

saw them last year at rock werchter they were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

any one going to see them in london wembley arena 12th april? cant wait to see them. saw them in paris supporting iron maiden with dream theatre they were great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am heading along to the London show :)

I bought these tickets in January 2013 (after a bad break up) - I really hope its been worth the wait and the push back, as I've never seen them live.

Love The Silent Force, for some reason it's no longer on Spotify though :confused:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I didn't know they were on in London in a couple of weeks time :eek: I'd be very tempted...

I have a spare ticket if anyone here is intrested due to a break up aswell if anyone wants it pm me. posted in the ticket thread but no replies yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Love the song the did with Howard Jones

new album is very good. cant wait now for the gig in few weeks. getting coach and ferry over friday night. zwillinge if you want meet for a few pints before the gig. pm me and we can arrange to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

New album is pretty good. I lost interest when The Unforgiving came out because it was such a detachment from their previous sound, but this time I kind of knew what to expect and had a more open mind. I was pleasantly surprised, Edge of the World is a really great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I'm going to the Birmingham gig. :D Was due to see them in Amsterdam a few years ago, but Sharon got preggers and tour dates were re-scheduled. :(
    I like The Unforgiving album, especially the last song "Stairway to the Skies". Haven't listened to Hydra properly yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

can't see them this tour but wouldn't mind catching them at a festival maybe in 2015 if they play in england

spare ticket is gone so load of my mind. now to scrape the spending money together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Know I'm digging up an old thread but why oh why have these not played Ireland!

Saw them last weekend headlining Graspop they were so good I don't know where Sharon gets her energy from. Met her and Mike when they played London last time and asked them they said they don't know why they'd love to as its so near compared to some of the places they've gone which they said they are lucky to have played pretty much everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement