Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

More US Navy Seals **** for the yanks, I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I must have been one of the few people who preferred the MoH campaign to the ones in CoD. Not that the latter is a particularly good comparison but still, it did get remarkably worse reviews. I take it multiplayer wasn't as good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I take it multiplayer wasn't as good?

Think infantry gameplay in BF3 and its very similar.
    The problem was the maps were pretty poor and the included game modes, the actual gunplay is almost identical to BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The campagn was meh but I actually enjoyed the multiplayer. Very similar to BF but with smaller maps. It wasnt stellar as BF style of gameplay, weapons, balance and controlls learn twords open maps rather than tighter ones but it was serviceable.

Ill pick it up and give it a fair chance alright, just wont be expecting much

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    I must have been one of the few people who preferred the MoH campaign to the ones in CoD. Not that the latter is a particularly good comparison but still, it did get remarkably worse reviews. I take it multiplayer wasn't as good?

i liked medal of honor. i found it really fun. more down the ground compared to cod super human big balls in your face marathon.

i liked the online too. i dont know why, but when i played it o9nline it felt like real war when you were pushing your line. it felt more positional war, then running around shooting ****. i swear to god a lot of times i would be sitting in cover and see others up ahead in cover. they will run to next cover and i would run in to their cover. It felt like everyone valued their live and did not had a mind set to " **** it, i will respawn in 10 seconds anyway ".
    ofc in some team deathmatch games you would have a spawn rape scenarios. then very very sneaky cheap weapon progression! there were only 3 weapons per class, then you get enemies weapons and one unique weapon for both sides. it was a lazy move, though i guess they wanted to make it more realistic and use only those weapons that were used in Middle east during the conflicts.

still, i am looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I loved the first game i've played it through 5 or 6 times now and it still keep me interested, thought it was refreshing as it didn't pander to the 13 year old COD/BF player who thought it was boring because it was realistic and didn't have some insane story with nukes and James Bond style set pieces.

Little bit worried from looking at the trailer with the speed boat section etc that it might be more like BF3 and less MOH.

Multiplayer was very solid but as DICE made it it was just BF light. Hopefully Danger Close look after it themselves this time as they are much better at capturing the feel of being a modern soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I loved the first game i've played it through 5 or 6 times now and it still keep me interested, thought it was refreshing as it didn't pander to the 13 year old COD/BF player who thought it was boring because it was realistic and didn't have some insane story with nukes and James Bond style set pieces.

Little bit worried from looking at the trailer with the speed boat section etc that it might be more like BF3 and less MOH.

Multiplayer was very solid but as DICE made it it was just BF light. Hopefully Danger Close look after it themselves this time as they are much better at capturing the feel of being a modern soldier.

agree. i loved single player. i really felt more connected to characters then any recent modern shooter.

plus ofc a big beard. you cant go wrong with that. +50 sexyness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

The campaign gameplay was pretty much everything I hate about linear shooters, but I liked the sense of authenticity it had which other games lack. Not just things like Mechanix gloves, Opscore helmets, Dominator headsets but the voice acting/dialogue and the scenes with Preacher and his family. And of course fighting real-world terrorists like Al-Shabaab in Somalia, Abu Sayyaf etc.

My favourite part of the game was the gun customization. Real-world optics from Trijicon and Aimpoint instead of generic "red dot sights" and "ACOGs" that look nothing like an actual ACOG, a s*** load of camo/paintjobs, and the fact you can change the stock, barrel assembly and even the magazine meant you could make a gun that was truly yours. I also liked the Fireteam Buddy system despite my buddy's refusal to take cover when his health was low so I could heal him amongst other things.

Advertisement