Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Town - Family Life

Options
  • 26-10-2019 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi all, moving to Kildare town next year (I have 2 boys aged 3&7) and I am looking for tips/advice/opinions on a few things please:

Creche (limited but believe new one to be built at some stage?)/Preschool/Childminders
    Activities for kids - GAA etc.
    Family friendly food spots

Any info greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Bright Beginnings creche is very good. My child goes there and we’re happy with everything.

YOLO next to the Tesco is a very family friendly restaurant and the food is very nice, reasonably priced etc.

The National Stud has a yearly family membership (think approx €80) that’s well worth it for the walks and playgrounds etc.

I’m from here originally but have just moved back a year ago with a 3yo. Great for me as I have family here but I would consider the town to be pretty good for people with young families.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Thanks a million for the info. I believe the library is very good in the town too?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

Yes, the library is excellent and constantly has various activities being arranged for different age groups. It is well worth hopping in every once in a while to check out what is going on.

A short drive (if you drive) away is monasterevin woods which is great for walks with the kids and has an abundance of raspberries and blackberries when in season.

In the town there are several team sports available for kids of all ages and also some local martial arts groups that also cater for the younger ages plus scouts. Again if you drive, Newbridge also has some offerings in this area.

There is a coder dojo group in the town which runs during the school year.

Not there yet, but hopefully soon, a skatepark too which most kids love.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

great playground just off the main square, short hop to the curragh for walks, kildare rugby club also

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Can anyone recommend any creches/afterschool/preschools? I believe that Bright Beginnings is the only fulltime creche around? We are considering a child minder also but would still need a pre school for my 3yo for ECCE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Can anyone recommend any creches/afterschool/preschools? I believe that Bright Beginnings is the only fulltime creche around? We are considering a child minder also but would still need a pre school for my 3yo for ECCE.

Bright Beginnings operate a preschool also if you don't need fulltime care.

Advertisement