Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Load Of Questions .

• 21-05-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

So I made the switch last Saturday and tbh I am finding it easier as the days go on , I never really intended giving up the Cigs as such just using this to bring down the cost and bring up the health a bit . Now I am thinking maybe .

The more I have gotten into this the more I have questions and while the internet and google are doing their best to help me I thought I might get more specific answers here ( but I have a good few )

To set the scene I bought sPipe mod ( lets not go into 'why the pipe ?' , thats just me ) with an Aspire CE5-S Clearomizer , 2 Microbat 18350 batteries , charger and 2 aspire 1.8 replacement coils . I got some Juice and then some other juice :) . I like the setup and I am starting to really like the vape , I mixed a Hazy days Light Cut 11mg ( too sweet ) with a Wicked Carllos 6mg ( not enough Nicotine to stop the cravings ) and the taste and vapour are more than acceptable .

Then this morning panic started to set in as I had decided that I would not smoke any real cigs today . I realised that I didn't know as much as I thought I did .

So , here goes ...

1: Of the setup I mentioned above , what will need replacing first , other than the juice obviously :) ? . I am assuming it will be the Coils .

2: I know they say it varies how long the coils last so how will I know when to change them ?

3: What else , besides the coils and the batteries will need replacing ? I assume continuous use of the sPipe mod will eventually lead to that wearing out but what about the clearomizer ? do they go ? and if so how ? what would I need to watch out for with it ?

4: Spares .. do people keep spares of everything incase something breaks down ( this is where part of my panic came from this morning ) and is your spare just something like a cheap ego firebird for emergencies .

5: Juice , I have read that after a few weeks your taste buds change so I presume it is advisable to not buy big bottles of any juice for a while ?

6: Cleaning , I have also read about cleaning but not sure where they are going with it . Is it necessary to clean out the Clearomizer ? why ? and how ?

7: Anything else I should have thought of asking ?

Thanks in advance

John ( needy and delicate this morning due to thinking I had broke something in the e-cig )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jonski wrote: »
    1: Of the setup I mentioned above , what will need replacing first , other than the juice obviously :) ? . I am assuming it will be the Coils .
    Correct.
    2: I know they say it varies how long the coils last so how will I know when to change them ?
    It'll become tasteless, produce less vapour to the point where the coil and wick are so gunked that it can't keep up and if you haven't changed it by then you'll eventually (days later) end up burning juice which tastes foul.
    You won't not-notice it.
    You'll get to know which juices cause this first, generally naturally extracted flavours and dark liquids are the worst.
    3: What else , besides the coils and the batteries will need replacing ? I assume continuous use of the sPipe mod will eventually lead to that wearing out but what about the clearomizer ? do they go ? and if so how ? what would I need to watch out for with it ?
    Clearos can snap or the tanks can crack or o-rings can get weakened by certain juices which leads to leaks and such. Scorpion Blood makes minced-meat of non-glass clearos as an example, and the o-rings will give up in a month or two.
    4: Spares .. do people keep spares of everything incase something breaks down ( this is where part of my panic came from this morning ) and is your spare just something like a cheap ego firebird for emergencies .
    I have spares...for my spares...and spares in case those die too.
    Being into RBAs means spares for actual coils are ridiculously cheap and easy to fit (generally just slipping cotton out of the coil and new cotton back in in a minute or two).
    If a tragedy happened I'd have to wind a piece of wire around something like a mini screwdriver and fit the cotton. No big deal.
    5: Juice , I have read that after a few weeks your taste buds change so I presume it is advisable to not buy big bottles of any juice for a while ?
    This is true, but your tastes will change over the months and years too - certain flavours you love can be loved forever but I've loved flavours enough to vape 20ml and went back to it and thought "Eugh", and vice-versa. Maybe I would've like it the next day?
    6: Cleaning , I have also read about cleaning but not sure where they are going with it . Is it necessary to clean out the Clearomizer ? why ? and how ?
    A clearo has to be rinsed out or the remnants of the previous juice will taint the new juice. This also affects the wick, so you may feel the need to rinse that too (tiny bit of vodka, leave to dry) and then dry burn the coil (which will have - at some point, it depends on the juice - form a layer of juice sediment-crud) by firing it dry with the top off. If you dry-burn for too long with a clearo you risk burning the insulating grommet which can impart a delicious note of burntness.
    7: Anything else I should have thought of asking?
    I don't think so... Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I did have one more question but having read through ALL of the internet it turns out it's like asking how long is a piece of string .

The question is ... how much nicotine am I taking in , in comparison to actual cigs . I used to smoke around 10 silk cut mild a day , now I'm vaping around one tank of that Aspire CE5-S Clearomizer at around 8mg strength probably inhaling about half of that or a little more .

Anyone care to even hazard a guess ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The question is ... how much nicotine am I taking in , in comparison to actual cigs . I used to smoke around 10 silk cut mild a day , now I'm vaping around one tank of that Aspire CE5-S Clearomizer at around 8mg strength probably inhaling about half of that or a little more .

Anyone care to even hazard a guess ?

Immeasurable without your plasma cotinine levels being monitored for a while whilst smoking and then whilst vaping.
    You'll know if you have too much nicotine because you'll get dizzy, or a headache, or anxiety.
    You'll know you're getting too little or not satisfying yourself if you're vaping more than you smoked.

Advertisement