Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW16 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

callaway92 wrote: »
    I genuinely think Laca mightn’t start. Auba HAS to start up front on Mon and I can’t see Laca being started on the wing, so I think this time he’ll be benched.

That seems a mad call.

Why you think that ?

I’d say Lacazette is an absolute certainty to start through the middle.

He was working/fighting his balls off the other day.

Anyway, I didn’t realise that Alli’s actual first name was Bamidele so I think I’ll go for him now.

And I hate changing my mind so I may stick with Lacazette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

What is the reasoning behind Lacazatte not starting!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I wouldn't worry about him not starting it's the fact they are away that'd worry me don't have them to hand but his home/away splits are quite drastic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

For me it’s the fact that they have stopped scoring from open play now.

Their performances when Laca was out were actually better. Since he came back from injury - in the 6 games he started they scored 8 goals, 5 of them from set pieces.

Auba is the 3rd most clinical striker in the league (+3.62 xG) - and is now being wasted on the wing again.

From a logical point of view, the system isn’t working right now. Can say all we want how much of a workhorse Laca is but it’s not working.

They haven’t won a match since he’s returned from injury.

Maybe I was looking at it too deeply - but it wouldn’t shock me if there was a fairly big change up on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Arsenal were brutal against Brighton
    Have not won in 7 games
    Have an interim inexperienced manager
    I think west ham will win this !

km79 wrote: »
    Arsenal were brutal against Brighton
    Have not won in 7 games
    Have an interim inexperienced manager
    I think west ham will win this !

Yeah. He’s 2.5% owned. That’s enough.

I’ll captain Bamidele or Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gone with KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vardy now worth 10 mill. Hes moved into the always captain bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Another pure gamble from me.....

Zaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,906 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    Vardy now worth 10 mill. Hes moved into the always captain bracket

Yeah, and yet I am wary. Villa are a whole different animal at home (I’m a fan who watches all the games and goes to a lot of the home ones). Have been liable to a number of really poor errors over the course of the season (Mings has not been the rock he was in the Championship yet) but if nobody makes a booboo, I don’t know if Leicester will be racking up the goals because their attacking unit overwhelms the Villa defensive front.

And ultimately for Vardy, I’m not thinking of too many goals conceded that match his calling card, the striker beating the offside line and getting in behind.

Captain decision going right down to the wire today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Yep have shifted from Vardy to Alli last minute. Mane with no bit of armband due to rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

New "manager" bounce aside, any love for Tammy, in the second highest scoring team away from home, against a poor team at home, low in confidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Harry Kane with one last chance before being shipped out next game.

Expecting to be let down again and he won't be let near my team for the rest of the season.

Seaba wrote: »
    New "manager" bounce aside, any love for Tammy, in the second highest scoring team away from home, against a poor team at home, low in confidence?

Only reason I’ve delayed bringing him back in by a week is questions over his physical condition

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

CSF wrote: »
    Only reason I’ve delayed bringing him back in by a week is questions over his physical condition

Lampard said yesterday that "Tammy is good, he hasn't done much in between games. We will make sure of that in the morning but at the moment he is good".
    Everton defensively are poor, were all over the shop v Liverpool. Chelsea have been brilliant away from home.
    Going to go for it although I hate having a captain in the early kick off and in the poll, only 5 of us are captaining him.
    As a Liverpool fan, I think Mane will start on the bench v Bournemouth otherwise I would be on him.

Seaba wrote: »
    Lampard said yesterday that "Tammy is good, he hasn't done much in between games. We will make sure of that in the morning but at the moment he is good".
    Everton defensively are poor, were all over the shop v Liverpool. Chelsea have been brilliant away from home.
    Going to go for it although I hate having a captain in the early kick off and in the poll, only 5 of us are captaining him.
    As a Liverpool fan, I think Mane will start on the bench v Bournemouth otherwise I would be on him.

Does that description from Lampard not fill you with a little bit of worry? After him limping off with a different injury after coming back from another one. Not even in terms of him starting. Does it affect his ability to perform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

I have him and I'm selling him! No doubt he'll troll me though.

He (Kane) is the bookies favourite player to score this gameweek...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    I want to captain him
    But will he start.....

Last match he missed was a year ago due to injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

shmeee wrote: »
    Another pure gamble from me.....

Zaha!

That’s daft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭COH

Salah 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gone with KDB as a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

Alli, have vardy but reckon villa might play it tight. But who knows!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mane on the bench, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Green&Red wrote: »
    That’s daft

Ah stop, crazy alright.

Needed to make ground.

Every single person ahead of me in my ML's had Vardy.

Sure whats another 13 points to make up...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I genuinely think Laca mightn’t start. Auba HAS to start up front on Mon and I can’t see Laca being started on the wing, so I think this time he’ll be benched.
    That seems a mad call.

Why you think that ?

I’d say Lacazette is an absolute certainty to start through the middle.

He was working/fighting his balls off the other day.

Anyway, I didn’t realise that Alli’s actual first name was Bamidele so I think I’ll go for him now.
    munster87 wrote: »
    What is the reasoning behind Lacazatte not starting!?
    I wouldn't worry about him not starting it's the fact they are away that'd worry me don't have them to hand but his home/away splits are quite drastic
    For me it’s the fact that they have stopped scoring from open play now.

Their performances when Laca was out were actually better. Since he came back from injury - in the 6 games he started they scored 8 goals, 5 of them from set pieces.

Auba is the 3rd most clinical striker in the league (+3.62 xG) - and is now being wasted on the wing again.

From a logical point of view, the system isn’t working right now. Can say all we want how much of a workhorse Laca is but it’s not working.

They haven’t won a match since he’s returned from injury.

Maybe I was looking at it too deeply - but it wouldn’t shock me if there was a fairly big change up on Monday

giphy.gif

Hope you didn’t captain him Klopp!

Went with Alli but only because West Ham got it together against Chelsea and Burnley looked vulnerable to conceding more than average against Spurs.

Didn’t dream Lacazette wouldn’t start.

Edit - what is Freddie playing at anyway ? Besides Kun and Aubameyang is there a better striker than Lacazette in the league ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Went with Alli but only because West Ham got it together against Chelsea and Burnley looked vulnerable to conceding more than average against Spurs.

Didn’t dream Lacazette wouldn’t start.

Edit - what is Freddie playing at anyway ? Besides Kun and Aubameyang is there a better striker than Lacazette in the league ?

Problem is that if he starts, Auba has to go wide to accommodate him. Auba's less effective on the wing and won't track back either. Don't think trying to squeeze them both in works.

Advertisement